PDA

View Full Version : Phred is in hospital - he needs lots of prayers

Randi
11-25-2010, 12:37 PM
I called Phred just now, he didn't sound at all well. :( :( :( We spoke for 7 min. He has problems breathing and can't talk for too long. He has some serious health issues. He told me he has lost his appetite. He can walk around a bit, but not very far.

Phred has been here for all us during the past 10+ years. He has been funny, supportive and caring and he is probably the most loved PTalker of all times. I think we should get together and do whatever we can to make him feel better.

For a start, a card would surely be appreciated - and perhaps we can send something else.

Staci, you have also been in contact with Phred recently - do you have any suggestions of what we can do for him? Or perhaps his neighbors can tell us, they are taking care of Cinder, Smoke and Heidi?

Phred is in St. Elizabeth Health Care Center - see address below! I hope many of you will send him a card to cheer him up. :)

I will not post Phred's real name here, but you can e-mail Shais_Mom or me to get it.

I know that most of you are probably preparing for Thanksgiving dinner now, and perhaps Staci, too. I'm 7 hours ahead of Ohio, so I won't be here much longer, but any oldtime PTalker will know Phred's real name.

Thanks! :)

St. Elizabeth Health Care Center
1044 Belmont Avenue
4th floor(s)
Youngstown, OH 44501

Taz_Zoee
11-25-2010, 01:20 PM
I just sent you a PM Randi.
Phred is always the one that does the investigation work on things that come up here on PT. He is always so helpful. I just wish there was more I could do for him. :(
I will keep him in my thoughts.

Freckles
11-25-2010, 01:23 PM
My prayers to Phred.

Catty1
11-25-2010, 01:44 PM
:( Prayers that Phred rallies...as his Prayer Pups have so often talked to God to fly down on the Silver Klowd and help the docs, I pray all the angel fubabies and God fly down now.:love:

krazyaboutkatz
11-25-2010, 03:03 PM
I knew he was in the hospital but I was hoping that he'd be feeling and doing much better than you have posted here.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are going out to him.

Medusa
11-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Prayers on their way from California. Keep the faythe, Phred. :love:

Alysser
11-25-2010, 04:20 PM
Here hoping Phred gets well soon! :love:

chocolatepuppy
11-25-2010, 06:08 PM
Keeping Phred in my thoughts and prayers.

Husky_mom
11-25-2010, 06:18 PM
sending healing vibes for him...

get well soon Phred!!!.. our fave fireman ;)

jennielynn1970
11-25-2010, 07:08 PM
Many thoughts and prayers going out to Phred... I had no idea he was so sick. I hope he has some friends and family there with him this Thanksgiving.

mrspunkysmom
11-25-2010, 07:23 PM
Positive prayers and thoughts heading phred's way.

Lilith Cherry
11-25-2010, 08:49 PM
Lots of loving prayers and healing thoughts from eastern Canada Phred!!:love:

wolf_Q
11-25-2010, 11:03 PM
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this. :( Phred is a great guy who has done so much for many of us. We're all thinking of you Phred! :love:

shais_mom
11-25-2010, 11:29 PM
St. Elizabeth Health Care Center
1044 Belmont Avenue
4th floor(s)
Youngstown, OH 44501

And he is in room Rm 4215.
Yes he is in the hospital and not doing very well. But he loves to hear from us PT'ers. It really makes his day. I really don't know what to do for him besides praying. I would love for some of us to make a trip to see him but I really don't think he would want us all to see him like this and I don't want to upset him more. He does get tired easily but he still likes to hear from us.
His neighbor's have the dogs - I'm not sure what their status is - my house simply isn't big enough for me to take them and Cinder and Keegan don't always see eye to eye. (Alpha female thing!)
if anyone wants his name or number please pm me or Randi.:love:

Sonia59
11-26-2010, 02:59 AM
Good thoughts are sent for Phred, and for the dogs too.

Queen of Poop
11-26-2010, 04:53 AM
Prayers, good healing thoughts and of course purrrrrrrs for Phred.

phesina
11-26-2010, 07:17 AM
Prayers and healing thoughts for Phred.

MoonandBean
11-26-2010, 09:08 AM
Much love and prayers going out for Phred. Bean and I will never forget the special purrayer that sent Bean home to me :love:

Donnaj4962
11-26-2010, 10:10 AM
Special prayers for Phred. I hope he is soon feeling better and can be reunited with his purrayer pups!

Shais Mom, I have sent you a PM for Phred's "real" name so I can send him a card.

Laura's Babies
11-26-2010, 10:25 AM
Goodness, Phred is the backbone of PT, there is nothing he won't do when he sets his mind to it and once he sinks his teeth into something, he gets the job DONE! Of coarse the prayers are being sent in overtime for him. I will get him a card asap and get it in the mail.. Lets hope the white coats can get him straightened out and home in no time as good as new!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-26-2010, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the Hospital addy and his room number. I'll get him a card off today or tomorrow.

Prayers flying for him from me for sure. I'm off to light another candle for him. :love:

Grace
11-26-2010, 11:01 AM
I mailed him a card today - and bought a few other humorous ones to send.

Prayers are a given :love:

cassiesmom
11-26-2010, 11:25 AM
Prayers and healing thoughts for Phred.

From me and Cassie too. I PM'ed Shais Mom for Phred's contact information.

Daisy and Delilah
11-26-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm just seeing this. I'm so sorry to hear about our beloved Phred. I'm sending thoughts and prayers and would love to send a card as well. Can someone PM me the address? Thanks.

Grace
11-26-2010, 01:55 PM
I'm just seeing this. I'm so sorry to hear about our beloved Phred. I'm sending thoughts and prayers and would love to send a card as well. Can someone PM me the address? Thanks.

I sent you an email with the info :)

RICHARD
11-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Sending prayers out to Phred.

Get better!

lizbud
11-26-2010, 03:39 PM
Phred is in my prayers. Can't help but feel very helpless at a time when
a wonderful PT friend is so ill & all you can do is pray for better health.

Does anybody remember the time Phred drove clear to another state to
rescue & bring home a little old dog that had been a childhood pet of another
PT person? That's the kind of guy he is.:) He is sure missed around here.

Bowser's Story http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=68494

Kfamr
11-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Keeping Phred in my thoughts. :love:

Freedom
11-26-2010, 07:32 PM
Prayers from RI for our Phred, and for his pups too.

DriftyAlison0
11-26-2010, 07:33 PM
I am keeping Phred in my thoughts and prayers.

*LabLoverKEB*
11-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Many many thoughts and prayers heading Phred's way. He definitely is a great Pt'er, so caring and helpful to others. We :love: you, Phred and hope that get to feeling better SOON!

K9karen
11-26-2010, 08:49 PM
I spoke to Phred a week or 2 ago and he sounded so tired. I'm sure he's very frightened too. Nobody deserves to be ill, but it seems so unfair to me, that Phred, of all people, is going through this. He's one of the sweetest, kindest, compassionate people I've ever met. I'd take his dogs but Logan is used to being the only girl around and it wouldn't work well. I feel so bad. Prayers still coming your way, Toots.

anna_66
11-26-2010, 09:08 PM
I was hoping that he would be home and feeling better by now. So sad to hear he's not:( He's a super guy and would do anything to help any of us.
Many prayers being said.

Lilith Cherry
11-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Card posted this afternoon... Phred is so special to all of us here :love:

Daisy and Delilah
11-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Thanks Gretchen!! I'll send a card right away.

I definitely remember the Bowser story. Phred is one of a kind. A very special man. I hope you're doing alot better tonight, Phred!! Get Well Soon!!!

Craftlady
11-26-2010, 10:43 PM
Keeping good thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Lillycat
11-27-2010, 12:54 AM
......many prayers going out today...........

ChrisH
11-27-2010, 08:33 AM
Prayers going out across the miles for our dear PT friend. Lots of love too.

DJFyrewolf36
11-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Im just seeing this :(. My thoughts go out to Phred, even though I haven't met him, his compassion and overall niceness shines in every post.

Prayers and good vibes sent...and a (((hug))) for good measure.

cyber-sibes
11-27-2010, 02:06 PM
:( I just called him, just for a minute, as he can barely talk. I spoke to him a couple weeks ago, and he sounds much much weaker now. He says he is not doing well at all. I told tell him that there are many many people on PT praying for him. Please continue to pray for him.

He does so much behind the scenes that people never hear about, because he wants it that way. He's just a really special guy. I treasure his friendship.

Prairie Purrs
11-27-2010, 02:22 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Phred is feeling poorly. The Prairie Cats and I are sending lots and lots of healing thoughts (and purrs from the kitties) his way.

wolf_Q
11-27-2010, 02:48 PM
Sent a card, hope it gets there soon. Thinking of you, Phred. :love:

Husky_mom
11-27-2010, 03:09 PM
please let Phred know we´re still thinking of him... and sending healing vibes... and that his prayer pups have been doing their thing asking for his speedy recovery...

hugs from all over the world to you.. take it easy and get well soon..

Barbara
11-27-2010, 03:51 PM
Sending all my best thoughts for Phred.
I will send a card too. I remember so many stories and hope that Boots will ahve to wait a little longer before he sees Phred:(

chocolatepuppy
11-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Sent a card. Hoping Phred improves. Continued prayers...

momoffuzzyfaces
11-27-2010, 04:30 PM
I sent him a card yesterday and lit another candle. Get well Phred!!! :love:

cyber-sibes
11-27-2010, 04:40 PM
Just added a blog post (http://sscyber-sibes.blogspot.com/2010/11/prayers-for-our-friend-please.html) asking for prayers for Phred (and Roxey, too). we have a lot of good blogging buddies who will add their prayers.

gini
11-27-2010, 05:28 PM
I can barely read the posts without huge tears welling up in my eyes.

I consider Phred to be one of the dearest men that I know - so thoughtful, so caring, and full of love for everyone.

I have been lighting a candle for him everyday. I know all of us want the best for Phred - and none of us want to know that he is suffering.

God knows what He is doing - and we can only pray that He will take good care of our Phred and not let him suffer.

Now more than ever I am so glad that I made the trip to Dayton, Ohio and on up to Findley and got to meet Phred in person. It was a special time.

krazyaboutkatz
11-27-2010, 07:49 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Phred is now even weaker.:( Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Pembroke_Corgi
11-27-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. Phred will be in my thoughts.

zippy-kat
11-27-2010, 11:17 PM
Just now seeing this thread but prayers have been going for the guy (and his fur crew) for many, many days. We :love: you, Phred. Many hugs and well wishes headed your way.

cassiesmom
11-28-2010, 09:47 PM
I put a card in the mail today; it will go out at 6:30 AM tomorrow. i was hoping Phred would be out of the hospital by the time it gets there. Will keep praying.

krazyaboutkatz
11-29-2010, 11:20 AM
I'll be mailing him a Christmas/Get Well Card today. I hope he'll get it. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Randi
11-29-2010, 11:59 AM
It's heartwarming to see how many of you are sending cards to Phred. :) I hope he will get them and be able to read them.

As some have said, Phred is the backbone of PT and it seems so unfair that he, of all people, is going through this. He's one of the sweetest, kindest, compassionate man I've ever known.

I take it that only his neighbors, who are looking after Cinder, Smoke and Heidi, know how he is doing now. Hopefully they are visiting.

It's difficult to know what to do, but if someone could contact the neighbors and ask what they think is best to do for Phred, we could buy something and send him, but we need to know how he is doing, so we can get the right thing/s.

We also need a person in Ohio to organize the delivery.

What do you think? Any ideas?

Freedom
11-29-2010, 12:28 PM
My card went off!

Knowing what his condition is would help in deciding what to send. For example, no balloons or food when a person is in ICU.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-29-2010, 12:57 PM
I sent a card off Friday. I'm trying to light a candle evey day for him too. Mega prayers for our Phred. :love:

cyber-sibes
11-29-2010, 05:18 PM
I called the hospital & asked for a contact number for Phred, and I just talked to Joan (Phred's neighbors who are taking care of his dogs).

Joan & her husband Pat saw him 2 days ago. Her words were that he is a balancing act for the medical community right now. His heart, lungs, kidneys, & blood pressure are affected. His situation is very, very serious. (please keep in mind I'm not posting details, just feedback from the neighbors.)

I asked her if there is anything we (as the PT community) could do, and there is a situation coming up over the holidays that Joan & Pat would appreciate some help with. (She is thinking Phred probably won't be home living on his own yet by then.)

They have been close friends for years and have 2 dogs of their own. All the dogs get along nicely, but over the holidays they have a daughter with severe asthma who is coming to visit. They are very concerned that 5 dogs will be overwhelming for her. Pat & Joan would appreciate if someone could step forward to take Phred's dogs temporarily. The alternative plan is to board them during their daughter's visit.

I told her I would put the word out - so:
Is anyone here up for some canine company over the holidays? Do you know anyone who could take them in temporarily to help out?

I suggested that we on PT could possibly start a fund to help cover the kennel fee, if a temporary home isn't available. (It isn't the money as much as it would be done as gesture of friendship and support from all of us)

She said they don't mind having the dogs for now, that they've helped each other out in the past watching each others dogs. Should the situation change and Cinder, Smokey & Heidi need long-term care, they will have to consider the best course to take at that time.

Joan has my phone number and email, and will keep me updated as to Phred's situation. I'll post any update info here.

Personally I think starting a fund to help care for Phred's dogs over the holidays is a great idea, we all know how much he will appreciate that. If someone does step forward, we can still use any collected funds to help care for the "3 amigos."

Does anyone here have experience how to go about setting up a private fund?

Karen
11-29-2010, 07:07 PM
One suggestion - do they have one room that they can close off so the dogs don't get in there? Having a dog-free sleeping space is most important. When we visit Lady's Human, we sleep upstairs, as the door to the upper level is closed off from kitties, and that makes staying there much more doable for me (I have both asthma and a pretty severe cat allergy). If nothing else, while she's there, she should avoid sitting on upholstered furniture, more a kitchen chair into the family room if that will help. That's what I do to be able to enjoy my time at Paul's sister's house, where three black cats reside.

We are too far away for it to be practical for us to have holiday visitors, but we do have many Ohio and Pennsylvania folks on Pet Talk, so there is hope! Remember, Phred is in the northeastern part of Ohio, so not too far from the PA border.

lizbud
11-29-2010, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the update here.:) I have a small house & yard with little
room for 3 more dogs.:( If someone in Ohio cannot keep the pups for
those few days, I would be happy to donate some dollars for kennel fees/dog food,
etc. I'm sure knowing that they are safe & cared for woud be a great relief for Phred.
I want to help if I can, but don't know about setting up a fund of any kind.:confused:

cassiesmom
11-29-2010, 07:28 PM
I don't have the space for Phred's doggies but I'd be happy to pitch in. I'll watch this thread.

k9krazee
11-29-2010, 08:07 PM
A card is in the mail to go out tomorrow :love: Still sending out lots of vibes and prayers. It breaks my heart knowing he is not doing well. :(

We love you Phred! :love:

Lilith Cherry
11-29-2010, 08:23 PM
Me too, I would willingly add to the pot to help the doggies out. Love and blessings to Phred!

shais_mom
11-29-2010, 08:25 PM
I called the hospital & asked for a contact number for Phred, and I just talked to Joan (Phred's neighbors who are taking care of his dogs).

Joan & her husband Pat saw him 2 days ago. Her words were that he is a balancing act for the medical community right now. His heart, lungs, kidneys, & blood pressure are affected. His situation is very, very serious. (please keep in mind I'm not posting details, just feedback from the neighbors.)

I asked her if there is anything we (as the PT community) could do, and there is a situation coming up over the holidays that Joan & Pat would appreciate some help with. (She is thinking Phred probably won't be home living on his own yet by then.)

They have been close friends for years and have 2 dogs of their own. All the dogs get along nicely, but over the holidays they have a daughter with severe asthma who is coming to visit. They are very concerned that 5 dogs will be overwhelming for her. Pat & Joan would appreciate if someone could step forward to take Phred's dogs temporarily. The alternative plan is to board them during their daughter's visit.

I told her I would put the word out - so:
Is anyone here up for some canine company over the holidays? Do you know anyone who could take them in temporarily to help out?

I suggested that we on PT could possibly start a fund to help cover the kennel fee, if a temporary home isn't available. (It isn't the money as much as it would be done as gesture of friendship and support from all of us)

She said they don't mind having the dogs for now, that they've helped each other out in the past watching each others dogs. Should the situation change and Cinder, Smokey & Heidi need long-term care, they will have to consider the best course to take at that time.

Joan has my phone number and email, and will keep me updated as to Phred's situation. I'll post any update info here.

Personally I think starting a fund to help care for Phred's dogs over the holidays is a great idea, we all know how much he will appreciate that. If someone does step forward, we can still use any collected funds to help care for the "3 amigos."

Does anyone here have experience how to go about setting up a private fund?

Thanks Pat - I wasn't able to reach him on the cell phone and got concerned. I called the nurses desk and she asked if I was family and I said "darn close!" :)
Thanks for the update. I just talked to him and to be frank - he sounds extremely dire. He didn't know who I was. He sounds extremely weak. And I am to call tomorrow I'm not entirely sure he will be strong enough then or not.

caseysmom
11-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Poor Phred I feel so bad for him.

Confusion is a sign of the kidney failure he has, hopefully if they do dialysis this will get better. A freind of mine that was on a kidney transplant list got this confusion at work, I called 911, once they regulated his meds he was fine. Lets pray we have more time with Phred and his charming wit:(

Cincy'sMom
11-29-2010, 09:55 PM
Lots of thoughts and prayers going out to Phred.

My mom called me after she talked to him briefly tonight and as others have said, it was very difficult for him to talk and took awhile for him to connect who she was. So sad. I wish there was more we could do for him, when he has done so much for so many here.

K9karen
11-29-2010, 10:33 PM
My heart is breaking. Poor Phred. I just reread some of his threads and burst into tears. What a wonderful man. I'm so glad we're his family. I imagine the mutts are so confused :(.
This is so unfair. It stinks. i can't remember when I've prayed so hard.

cyber-sibes
11-29-2010, 10:38 PM
Staci - when I called the hospital I explained that we are part of a group with John & no one knew if he had family that we could call for updates. The nurse was very kind to get me the neighbor's number.
I'm glad you & Diana were able to reach him. I haven't called since the other day, it seemed to be stressful for him to talk.

Joan says thank you for all the prayers, and I've sent her a link to this thread.

Caseysmom, I asked, Joan said Phred is not a candidate for a transplant. :(
K-9 Karen, she also said not to worry, the dogs are doing fine. They've been over to Pat & Joan's home many times over the years. I'm sure they miss him, though.

shais_mom
11-29-2010, 10:52 PM
Staci - when I called the hospital I explained that we are part of a group with John & no one knew if he had family that we could call for updates. The nurse was very kind to get me the neighbor's number.

He has a sister but they do not correspond and haven't talked in several months. And he doesn't wish to involve her.

Daisy and Delilah
11-29-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm also in tears here and so upset that our Phred is this sick. Doggone it Phred!! We need you!! Get Well Soon!!! Praying for you every day.:(

RobiLee
11-30-2010, 04:23 AM
Thinking about you and praying for you, Phred. :love:

Anikaca77
11-30-2010, 07:54 AM
Sending prays for Phred and for his pups as well.

Melissa

Randi
11-30-2010, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the updates. My heart is breaking for our dear Phred and I feared the news would not be good. :( I don't know for how long he has been in hospital, but I was hoping once he got the dialyses started, he would get better.

I'm sure Cinder, Smoke and Heidi are OK at Joan and Pat's place, although they must miss Phred. With Christmas coming up and an allergic visitor, I can see the problem. If only someone could stay in Phred's house with them for these couple of days.

I want to help the dogs too, so if they need to be boarded, we should start sending contributions - but who to? Can anyone discuss this with Pat and Joan? Perhaps we could send to them. Phred might have told them what he wants us to do.

Dear Phred, I'm sending lots of love and positive thoughts that things will take a turn for the better. :love:

anna_66
11-30-2010, 07:58 AM
I'm sitting here in tears. It just breaks my heart to hear he's doing so poorly:(
He's a great man and I just can't stand to hear things aren't looking any better.
More prayers headed your way Phred.
(((HUGS))) from all of us.

If anyone has figured out a way to set up a fund I'd be more than glad to donate.

Freedom
11-30-2010, 08:21 AM
I want to help the dogs too, so if they need to be boarded, we should start sending contributions - but who to? Can anyone discuss this with Pat and Joan? Perhaps we could send to them. Phred might have told them what he wants us to do.

I sent a PM with an idea to Pat / cyber sides about an hour ago. Waiting to hear back -- stand by re donations / contributions for the 3 Amigos.

ramanth
11-30-2010, 10:01 AM
I just now found this. :( :( Dearest Phred, you've been there for me and my pups. I am praying so hard for you. *HUGS* :love:

lvpets2002
11-30-2010, 10:13 AM
:) Sending More & Lots of Huggss & Prayers..

AdoreMyDogs
11-30-2010, 01:20 PM
We love you, Phred. Please get better :(

gini
11-30-2010, 01:54 PM
I will be happy to contribute to any fund that is set up for the three amigos.

Dear Phred, prayers are coming in fast and furious for you - never doubt that you are well loved by this community.

I am off to light more candles for you.

Pinot's Mom
11-30-2010, 02:39 PM
I'll be checking for donation submission info, thanks.

Phred, please take care, we all miss you.:love:

prechrswife
11-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Feel better very soon!

gini
11-30-2010, 03:56 PM
I got the phone number of his hospital room from Staci and I tried to call at 1:52 p.m. - California time, 4:52 p.m. Ohio time and there was no answer on his phone.

I will wait a while and try again.

Praying very hard for Phred.

Fett
11-30-2010, 04:05 PM
I found out about this today. So sad....Phred is, as was said earlier, really one of the solid backbone people at PT that I've gotten to know a little bit over the last few years. Hearing he's doing so poorly with his health does make me very sad. :(

cyber-sibes
11-30-2010, 06:35 PM
We're waiting for a bit while we see if arrangements can be made for the pups over Christmas before setting up a fund, but there is a tentative paypal plan in the works. Thanks!

I'll be checking for donation submission info, thanks.

Phred, please take care, we all miss you.:love:

Karen
11-30-2010, 06:46 PM
I just called and spoke briefly to his nurse of the evening. Phred was asleep, but the nurse said he is stable for now, so that's a good thing. Stable is step #1, now let's all pray that he starts improving on top of that.

cyber-sibes
11-30-2010, 06:48 PM
he is stable for now, so that's a good thing. Stable is step #1, now let's all pray that he starts improving on top of that.
Thanks Karen, that's a relief! Still praying for our friend.

gini
11-30-2010, 06:55 PM
Yes, Karen, thank you for your update. It makes me feel a bit better too.
I am glad that he is able to rest.

I will be keeping up the prayers just the same though.

Cincy'sMom
11-30-2010, 06:59 PM
Staci texted me a short time ago. She spoke to him this evening for about 10 minutes. Said he sounded better then yesterday, but that he said had a long way to go. Keep the prayers coming!

Queen of Poop
11-30-2010, 07:18 PM
Still praying hard for dearest Phred. Sounds like our prayers might be starting to help, keep going everyone!!! Lots of love coming from Canada for you Phred. :love:

Catty1
11-30-2010, 07:47 PM
praypraypraypray....to Phred!!! Stay stable, move forward gently and keep looking ahead. :love::love::love:

4 Dog Mother
11-30-2010, 07:55 PM
I am sorry I have not posted anything about Phred yet. As many of you know, Phred has helped my family out a lot in the past. And we consider him family not just a friend. How this stay in the hospital got past me is another story BUT no one has to send any money for kenneling the dogs. I am going to go get them probably Friday, Dec. 17th and going to keep them until sometime late January. (His friends are going on a cruise in January). I have talked to Phred and he knows of these plans and is okay with them. If you have called and not been able to reach him it is because he has had to have some treatments and is out of the room for periods of time. He also had some other things done but I am not clear on what they are as he is pretty weak. The nurse informed me he is not in any danger right now but will need to recover from these latest treatments. He is already sounding stronger although gets pretty tired even trying to talk on the phone. A case manager is suppose to get ahold of me (she called today but I was not at home and she was not there when I called back) and will be able to tell me more of what is going on as Phred has given her permission.

So they did tell me that cards are very welcome by and for him. He is still pretty weak so phone calls maybe should be put on hold for a few days. A phone is in his room however, and if you feel the need to talk to him, don't let me stop you. He has helped so many of us and I know many of you want to let him know how much you care.

I will be out of town tomorrow so I probably won't have any update until later in the week. Keep the prayers going - it sounds like he has a long haul ahead of him to get better.

Karen
11-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Oh, yay, thank you, Diana, from all of us!

chocolatepuppy
11-30-2010, 08:19 PM
Bless you Diana! Continued prayers for Phred...

cyber-sibes
11-30-2010, 08:24 PM
Thank you Diana, that's wonderful news! So relieved to hear that he is stable, my heart sank the last time I talked to him. Bless you & Carl for taking the pups, they know you & your whole family. So glad they wont have to spend Christmas in a kennel.

I think he's about to get an avalanch of cards! ;) Please give him our love next time you do talk to him.

gini
11-30-2010, 08:36 PM
Diana, bless you for - well - EVERYTHING!!

You know, if we were to start a line of people waiting to come forward and tell their story of what Phred had done for them - the line would quickly become a mile or more long.

So many of us love Phred to pieces - I being one of them -

And now back to the prayer line...............I am pretty sure we know that God is listening to all of us and sees our candles as well.

DJFyrewolf36
11-30-2010, 08:44 PM
Still sending good vibes and prayers!

Catty1
11-30-2010, 09:39 PM
Very hopeful news! Get well soon, Phred!:love::love::love:

Thank you SO much, Diana!:)

K9karen
11-30-2010, 10:08 PM
Thanks you SO much, Diana. You are a living angel.
Thank you for handling some of Phred's affairs. It's a relief that he's in good hands.

Laura's Babies
11-30-2010, 10:17 PM
Let's hope Phred is on the mend! I got his card ready to go to the post office tomorrow!

Lilith Cherry
11-30-2010, 11:16 PM
thanks Diana for the good news on Phred and his doggies! Bless you for taking them in for the holidays

krazyaboutkatz
11-30-2010, 11:19 PM
Very hopeful news! Get well soon, Phred!:love::love::love:

Thank you SO much, Diana!:)

I agree. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.:love:

Lillycat
12-01-2010, 02:29 AM
it is wonderful to hear he is feeling even a little bit better.....and so wonderful also to know the dogs will have a place to stay for now.....that will mean so much to Phred, especially at this time.....

Randi
12-01-2010, 05:05 AM
Thank you Diana and Carl for taking Cinder, Smoke and Heidi over Christmas and New Year. That is exactly how Phred wants it, I'm sure, with one less thing to worry about, knowing his dogs are in good hands. :)

I'm relieved to hear he is stable and able to get some rest - that will hopefully give him a bit of strength. If only he will start eating, too! :p

I also think it's a good idea to maybe put the phone calls on hold for a few days, we don't want to tire him out more, and he has problems hearing as well. Perhaps the hospital will let us send some e-mails they can print out for him?

Lots more get well wishes and hugs to you, Phred! :love: :love: :love:

smokey the elder
12-01-2010, 07:21 AM
If Karen is the Mayor, I think Phred is the Pastor of Pettalk! He's asked God for so much help for others; I'm asking God to help him out now. Get better soon Phred, and thanks, Diana for caring for the Prayer Pups.

Freedom
12-01-2010, 07:42 AM
BUT no one has to send any money for kenneling the dogs. I am going to go get them probably Friday, Dec. 17th and going to keep them until sometime late January. (His friends are going on a cruise in January). I have talked to Phred and he knows of these plans and is okay with them.

WONDERFUL!!! Thank you so much! I am sure you will have a happy NOISY home for the holidays, lol!

If Karen is the Mayor, I think Phred is the Pastor of Pettalk!

LOVE this, yes, very well said. AMEN!

ChrisH
12-01-2010, 09:27 AM
Bless you Diana, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/Hugs2.gif and thank you for the update.

Prayers continuing.

lizbud
12-01-2010, 11:19 AM
I am so happy to hear that you can keep the pups with you Diana.
They know you & Carl and it will mean so much to Phred too.:) You should
consider letting us help with food & such as time goes bye, but that is up
to you as you see how things go.

Thank you for the encouraging update on John also. I realize how sick
he must be & any little bit of good news is very welcome. I'm glad they have
him stabilized at least & we can pray he gets stronger from here on. I will
watch for any updates you can give & thanks again for all you are doing.:)

cassiesmom
12-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Yay, I am so glad to read that Phred is doing a little better! We have a prayer request book at work and I wrote a note for Phred yesterday. (I work at a Catholic hospital and the book is kept in the chapel- I love not having to check my faith at the door when I go to work) The person delivering patient mail is going to need a big basket for Phred's room!

:) You should consider letting us help with food & such as time goes by, but that is up to you as you see how things go.:)

I'm still willing to help if this should come to pass.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Thank you Diana for updating us on Phred. I was getting so afraid to come to this thread. Prayers still flying from me for our dear friend. I'm off to light another candle. I plan on reminding God often on just how much we need Phred on this ole dirt ball. :love:

shais_mom
12-01-2010, 12:53 PM
I totally missed these posts last night somehow. But I'm glad that things fell into place where the dogs are concerned.
and the health update.

Barbara
12-01-2010, 03:11 PM
This is all very good news. We will keep Phred in our thoughts- and knowing that the doggies have their place over Christmas is wonderful.
We won't release the crossed fingers and paws- all over ther world.

Daisy and Delilah
12-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Keep on getting better Phred!!!! You can do it, buddy!!!!

Medusa
12-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Prayers continuing from Ohio. Keep the faythe, Phred. :love:

phesina
12-02-2010, 07:08 AM
Continuing prayers from here too.

And that's just wonderful about the dogs! Phred must be so relieved. Thank you, Diana.

anna_66
12-02-2010, 07:52 AM
Oh Diana thank you so much for this update. It makes me feel so much better to hear that he's recovering.

I'm very thankful that your able to keep the dog for the holidays. If you need anything just let us know.

I've been wanting to call and talk to him, after all he helped us with Roxey's surgery. I know he'd want to know how she is. Hopefully soon he'll be feeling better and we can call and talk.

Thinking and praying for you dear friend.

Taz_Zoee
12-02-2010, 09:49 AM
I check this thread several times a day. I am also very happy to hear Phreds dogs will have a place to stay for the holidays. Bless you Diana!
I am also glad that he seems to be stable. I hope he makes a full recovery. We really need and miss him around here.

ramanth
12-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Thank you SO much for the update Diana! Bless you for taking the pups in and I'm glad to hear Phred is stable. :) :love:

Lillycat
12-02-2010, 04:31 PM
.......more loving thoughts going out.....

jennielynn1970
12-02-2010, 06:36 PM
So many thoughts and prayers going up from us here in Allentown. I hope Phred makes a full and speedy recovery.

robinh
12-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Diana: Thank you so much for taking Phred's furkids in, you guys are definitely angels. Would it be OK if we help with money for food, treats, etc? For Phred, I would definitely donate.

Robin

Bengalz
12-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Phred is certainly in my thoughts ... such a vital man he is and so very dear to so many people. I hope he is able to rally and enjoy his friends and furbabies soon.

It is wonderful to know and see he has the support of PetTalkers:love:

*LabLoverKEB*
12-02-2010, 11:29 PM
That's awesome that you are able to take care of Phred's beloved fudkids, Diana! I'm sure he is so incredibly grateful that they can be with someone who loves them while he gets better!

More love and prayers on the way for our dear friend Phred.:love:

pomtzu
12-03-2010, 06:19 AM
Prayers for Phred going out across the miles from here in Delaware. Feel better soon - PT misses you!

cyber-sibes
12-03-2010, 08:25 AM
Got an email from Pat & Joan, some of Phred's cards are being re-routed to his home address because of wrong room # in the address. Please send cards to:

Rm 4215 - John Morris

St. Elizabeth's Hospital
1044 Belmont St.
Youngstown OH 44504

She said she & Pat are very grateful for Diana & Carl's offer, as it will be a big help to them. She also said Phred is still very weak.

Sending more prayers & loving thoughts to Phred from our pack. :love:

Lilith Cherry
12-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Loving thoughts and prayers for Phred. Thank you for the updates.

gini
12-03-2010, 11:46 AM
More prayers for Phred today and candles.

Thanks so much for the address correction and the updates on his
condition.

C'mon Phred - we are all pulling for you!:love::love:

momoffuzzyfaces
12-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the update on Phred. I sent his card to the wrong room #. I hope he gets it ok. Prayers still flying from me. Off to light another candle. I plan to make it so bright God has to see our prayers. :love:

Karen
12-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Okay, I have tried for a couple days, and finally got an answer. There's no way to electronically get messages to him, they don't have any system set up for that at this hospital. I thought I would check, and the best they could come up with was to print them out and mail them to him, so keep sending snail mail, folks!

(fixed the typo)

Randi
12-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm very sorry that Phred is still weak. I so hope he will pull through!!

Did Pat and Joan say whether they collect mail from Phred's house and bring it to him? I hope they do.

More positive thoughts and love to you, dear Phred! :love: :love: :love:

shais_mom
12-04-2010, 12:54 AM
Okay, I have tried for a couple days, and finally got an answer. There's no way to electronically get massages to him, they don't have any system set up for that at this hospital. I thought I would check, and the best they could come up with was to print them out and mail them to him, so keep sending snail mail, folks!

I don't think Phred could take Massages if they were offered, his heart couldn't take it! ;)

JUST KIDDING! That reminds me of the last time he was in the hospital and I was talking to him b/c he was looking for someone to come and clean his place so I was searching on Craig's list for someone and stumbled upon an ad for a "lingerie cleaning woman". A woman who dresses up in her sexiest lingerie and does any kind of house work needed. I chuckled and thought "umm no he's already had one heart attack". I told him the story and he got quite the kick out of it. :)

I edited my post with his room number - not sure it will help at this point but at least its correct. Thanks Pat!

Freedom
12-04-2010, 07:16 AM
I used the wrong room number as well. It will get to him eventually, I pray.

Meantime, I need to send of another one anyway.

Prayers from RI continue.

cyber-sibes
12-05-2010, 05:57 PM
I just got an email update from Joan (Phred's neighbor.) She said he had a pretty good day yesterday! She's been taking the cards he gets at his house to the hospital for him, & they read many of the cards together. Said he's really touched by how many people are praying for him. ;)

:D Yeah Phred! Keep on getting better, buddy, we all need you!

krazyaboutkatz
12-05-2010, 06:00 PM
I just got an email update from Joan (Phred's neighbor.) She said he had a pretty good day yesterday! She's been taking the cards he gets at his house to the hospital for him, & they read many of the cards together. Said he's really touched by how many people are praying for him. ;)

This is wonderful news!!!:) He remains in my thoughts and prayers.

Karen
12-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Awwww, ask her if she has the capability of printing out this thread! That'd be cool, for those of us who have not managed to get anything in the mail yet. Still in our prayers, sir!

chocolatepuppy
12-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Keep getting better Phred. Continued prayers...

lizbud
12-05-2010, 06:43 PM

This is really good news.:) I'm so glad to hear it. Thanks Pat for updating.:)

Lilith Cherry
12-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Lots more love and prayers for Phred. Keep up the spirit and get well asap!:)

Scooter's Mom
12-05-2010, 10:11 PM
I haven't posted before now, but have been keeping Phred in my prayers. Hoping he feels better.

4 Dog Mother
12-06-2010, 11:02 AM
I may have a surprise for you all - if things work out, Phred may be able to post very soon to this thread. I just got off the phone with the social worker and she said she would take the computer to him and if he can't post from it, she will bring in her lap top tomorrow! No matter what she is going to copy all the posts and take them to him so he can read them. Isn't that great!

Need to get back to work - will write more later - Diana

MoonandBean
12-06-2010, 11:06 AM
I may have a surprise for you all - if things work out, Phred may be able to post very soon to this thread. I just got off the phone with the social worker and she said she would take the computer to him and if he can't post from it, she will bring in her lap top tomorrow! No matter what she is going to copy all the posts and take them to him so he can read them. Isn't that great!

Need to get back to work - will write more later - Diana

That's great. Can't wait to hear from him :love: I haven't been posting regularly but Phred is in my prayers and I am always checking this thread for updates. Bean sends him a big MEEEEOW too :)

cyber-sibes
12-06-2010, 11:27 AM
I may have a surprise for you all - if things work out, Phred may be able to post very soon to this thread. ... No matter what she is going to copy all the posts and take them to him so he can read them. Isn't that great! Woo-hoo! Will be checking this thread!

"Hi Phred! Jack want to know--how's the phood?" ;)

:love: Pat, JoJoe, Jack & Moo

gini
12-06-2010, 11:48 AM
What great news that Phred might be able to read how worried we all are about him - and how the prayers are storming heaven for his healing and good health.

C'mon Phred - you can do it - we need you around here!:D

xxoo
West Coast Mom

Randi
12-06-2010, 01:34 PM
Oh Diana, that sounds promising. :) Seems the treatment Phred is getting, works. Hopefully he got his appetite back, too. He may even start walking around soon - happy days!! :D

Phred, if you read this, know that we're all rooting for you - we love you and miss you! :love: Fister sends purrs, too. :cool:

Get better!

MoonandBean
12-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Woo-hoo! Will be checking this thread!

"Hi Phred! Jack want to know--how's the phood?" ;)

:love: Pat, JoJoe, Jack & Moo

Hee Hee Pat, you're phunny!

Vermontcat
12-06-2010, 03:56 PM
I have been following this thread but haven't had a chance to post until now.
I'm glad to hear that Phred is doing better and that he may be able to get online and check out all the good wishes for him in this thread soon.

Get well soon Phred! You have always been there for everyone else on Pet Talk now it is your turn for us all to be there for you. I hope you still have your buddy Mr Bear with you to help you feel better soon. All of his Vermont relatives say hello and send get well soon wishes to you too.:)

Laura's Babies
12-06-2010, 06:25 PM
I sent him a card, copied it off the first thread that had it with the room number, he sould have it by now IF it was the right room number.. Hope he got it!

Great news that he is doing better and may get to see this thread. Phred, you see we are all pulling for you, hope you get well soon and get back to your fur kids! I know they miss you too! (We sure miss you here!)

Craftlady
12-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Great news Phred is doing better!! I read the updates but dont always have time to post. It's a little crazy around my house lately!. Snoopy btw, is doing pretty good on the separation training. The medication I believe is taking effect sooner than vet said it would, he said 2 weeks. I'm seeing improvement 4 days :)

Daisy and Delilah
12-07-2010, 10:38 AM
More thoughts and prayers going out to our good buddy, Phred!! Get better every day, Phred!!! :)

Lillycat
12-07-2010, 11:06 AM
.....is such great news.........

Lilith Cherry
12-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Keep up the good healing Phred! We really need you arounf here!:)

jennielynn1970
12-07-2010, 12:21 PM
More healing thoughts and prayers going out to our Phred.

Taz_Zoee
12-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Just checking in, hoping to see a post from Phred.

Also to let you know I'm still thinking about you and hope to hear from you soon. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
12-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Yep, prayers still on the way from me for our pal, Phred!!! My brats have taken a break from destroying the house to blow him some sweet kitty kisses!!! :love:

Rachel
12-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Oh, Phred, you didn't have to go get sick just to see how many of us there are that care about you and appreciate all you have done. You are a backbone of this community and a source of support, information and entertainment for so many others. You've been down this road before and I know you will find your way back just like you did the last time. May God offer you the direction and the speed you need to do just that.

zippy-kat
12-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Just checking to see if Phred had posted. :love: ya!

captain
12-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Diana and Karl!!!!
What a lovely generous offer - and I too will glady contribute any funds required to help you care for Phred's furpups!!!

Phred - get well soon. You are in my prayers.

{{{hugs}}} from down under

Andie
12-08-2010, 10:06 AM
You're in our prayers here, Phred. Hope you continue on your road to recovery.

shais_mom
12-08-2010, 01:51 PM
I haven't gotten any notifications from this thread so I didn't know what was going on. I have been so busy at work I haven't been able to call him and talk to him.
Thanks for the update Diana and everyone!

Fett
12-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Checking in for Phred updates. Glad he's getting better! :cool:

cassiesmom
12-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Just checking in for an update. Still thinking and praying for you, Phred!

Lilith Cherry
12-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Loving healing thoughts Phred!:)

ramanth
12-09-2010, 07:47 AM
That's great!! Looking forward to a post from Phred. :D :love:

anna_66
12-09-2010, 08:34 AM
I keep checking...hope to hear from you soon Phred:D

cyber-sibes
12-09-2010, 08:50 AM
:):love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love::)
Dear Phred, we're sending prayers & loving thoughts to you today.

Catty1
12-09-2010, 09:10 AM
Phred, if you post, do it only when you are ready. :love:

I hope you know that Sam and Jessica are doing just fine after the kidney transplant, and they are both home.:)

Gentle HUGS to you.

mrspunkysmom
12-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Don't know you, Phred, but I do hope you continue to get better.

*LabLoverKEB*
12-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Still keeping Phred in my thoughts and prayers :love:
We miss you, Phred!

Karen
12-09-2010, 09:33 PM
We're still praying for you every day! Keep healing, keep healing!

Grace
12-09-2010, 10:08 PM

This post is from December 5th. Has anyone heard anything more up-to-date about how Phred is doing?

Many prayers and good wishes continue from us for him - and the 3 pooches.

Sonia59
12-10-2010, 03:00 AM
I am still browsing the thread even if not posting much. We keep you in our thoughts! :)

4 Dog Mother
12-10-2010, 07:03 AM
I called the hospital yesterday. I tried to reach his case worker but I only got her voice mail so I did not find out why Phred was not able to post the other day. So I called his room. He did not answer but one of the nurses did and she said he was sleeping and was very tired. She had me call the nurses desk and try to speak to his nurse but she was evidently at lunch. The nurse who did answer said he was doing fairly well. He is having some trouble with adjusting to the dialysis but that is not unusual and it makes him tired which is also not unusual so he sleeps more. I told her that I and possibly Staci and Carl would be coming next Friday to see him and pick up the dogs and she was glad to hear that. She even suggested that I try to "sneak" one of the dogs up so he could see them. And she told me how but she would not be there but she would tell all the secretaries so they would know what was going on.

I also tried to reach his friends to tell them that I was for sure coming on Friday but only got their voice mail. So things seem to be going fairly well and I am anxious to see him so I can see that for myself.

Bengalz
12-10-2010, 08:10 AM
She even suggested that I try to "sneak" one of the dogs up so he could see them. And she told me how but she would not be there but she would tell all the secretaries so they would know what was going on.

That would be so awesome :D Wouldn't Phred be thrilled to see one of his pups :love: I do hope it works out well and that he is able to have a good visit with you and a furbaby - best medicine in the world!

You guys are just wonderful to be doing this = thank you so much:love:

Craftlady
12-10-2010, 08:40 AM
That would be so neat for him to see one of his dogs :)

anna_66
12-10-2010, 08:57 AM
Diana that would be great if you could get one of the dogs in, I'm sure he'd be so greatful to see them.
I'm glad your going to be able to go today, I'm looking forward to your in person update.
Tell him hi and that we miss him terribly!

lizbud
12-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Diana, thank you for the update.:) Getting to see one of the pups should
be good medicine for Phred(and for the pup too, I'll bet).:)

I will be anxious to hear from you directly on how you feel Phred is doing.
Nothing like first hand impressions & getting to speak to him & his nurses
yourself. Tell Phred will all miss him & wish him the best.:)

Grace
12-10-2010, 09:41 AM
Thank you, Diana, for the update, Won't he be surprised, and so happy, to see one of his buddies. That would make anyone feel so much better.

gini
12-10-2010, 10:16 AM
What a wonderful thing for you to do. It will mean so much to Phred.
I have the prayers and candles going strong.

cyber-sibes
12-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Diana, good luck on your sneak-a-mutt mission - what a great surprise for Phred that would be. (My mom was in the hospital & her roommate's husband would sneak in their pet monkey! :eek: What a scene!) So glad you will be able to see him yourself. Hope the others can make it too.
Love & prayers to Phred!:love:

MoonandBean
12-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Diana, good luck on your sneak-a-mutt mission - what a great surprise for Phred that would be. (My mom was in the hospital & her roommate's husband would sneak in their pet monkey! :eek: What a scene!) So glad you will be able to see him yourself. Hope the others can make it too.
Love & prayers to Phred!:love:

"Sneak-a-mutt mission"....LOVE IT!!!

Lilith Cherry
12-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Good Luck with "sneak a mutt"! Please do give Phred all our love and tell him we are all cheering for him to be out of there and home soon!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Good luck with the 'sneak a mutt' mission. Prayers from here that all goes well. That would be great for phred and the mutt in question too. Prayers still flying here and candles being lit for our friend. :love:

Randi
12-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Diana, sneaking one of the pups in will be the best medicine for Phred - and the lucky one will be all over him. Better keep a good leash on. ;) Well, I bet the doctors and nurses know what they're doing.

Please say hi from me and Fister and tell him we miss him!

Phred, get better and get back to us! Sending lots of love and lots of positive thoughts. :love:

ramanth
12-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Hope the 'Sneak a Mutt' mission went well! :love:

Have a safe trip there and back, Diana and Carl. :)

dukedogsmom
12-11-2010, 04:41 PM
How is he doing? I'm just seeing this :( I'm glad there's a PTer near him that can visit him.

phesina
12-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Sending more prayers, good wishes, and healing energies Phred's way..

trayi52
12-13-2010, 07:39 AM
Hoping to see some good news about Phred real soon. Phred is always doing good to everyone on here and elsewhere. My prayers and good thoughts are with him. Get well soon, Phred!

Willie:)

lizbud
12-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Still thinking about & praying for you Phred. I hope you are feeling
better soon. Would love to "hear" from you whenever you are up to it.

Randi
12-13-2010, 09:59 AM
More positive and healing thoughts coming from Fister and me. :love: :love:

chocolatepuppy
12-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Continued prayers, hoping Phred is doing better.

Karen
12-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Still in our prayers, dear friend! No poking the doctors, okay?

krazyaboutkatz
12-13-2010, 11:26 AM
I keep checking this thread hoping to hear more good news about Phred. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

cassiesmom
12-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Even though I haven't written in this thread lately, Phred, I am still keeping you in my prayers and thoughts. :love:

Still in our prayers, dear friend! No poking the doctors, okay?

Try poking the nurses and see what happens :eek:!

lizbud
12-13-2010, 05:14 PM
Even though I haven't written in this thread lately, Phred, I am still keeping you in my prayers and thoughts. :love:

Try poking the nurses and see what happens :eek:!

LOL... then we will really know that he's feeling better.:)

cyber-sibes
12-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Just checking back for any updates.... and I'll keep checking back!
Sending love & prayers to Phred!

Lilith Cherry
12-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Lots of love and prayers for Phred. I hope you soon will be poking the nurses , but only gently:)

Catty1
12-13-2010, 11:44 PM
Thinking of you every day, Phred. Prayers that you are feeling and getting better, little by little. :love::)

Medusa
12-14-2010, 07:38 AM
Just checking in as well. Prayers are continuing for dear Phred.

Lillycat
12-14-2010, 08:31 AM
.......daily for an update......prayers and hugs going out to you!!!

cyber-sibes
12-14-2010, 08:33 AM
I emailed Gail & Pat (his neighbors), she wrote that he has good days and some that are more challenging, but they are getting him up and around a bit each day and doing some physical therapy to build his strength. He's still got a long road ahead, but his doctors are making progress towards balancing his conditions. And:
When my husband and I go in to see him we make sure he reads your cards. He gets a smile on his face when you all talk about your pets. Take care everyone. Its wonderful that he has so many friends....

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

anna_66
12-14-2010, 08:42 AM
Thanks Pat for the update. I have been checking back in regularly to see if anyone had heard from him.

Freedom
12-14-2010, 08:43 AM
Aw, that is so lovely. Thanks, Pat.

gini
12-14-2010, 11:43 AM
I too come by here regularly to check on Phred. So Pat, thanks so much for giving us an update.

More cards coming his way - and I hope he can build his strength each day and get well.

I light a candle for him in prayer every day.

ChrisH
12-14-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm another who comes by here daily to check for news so, Pat, please also accept my thanks for the update.

Prayers and positive thoughts continuing for our dear Phred.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-14-2010, 12:18 PM
Thanks so much for updating us. I need to get him a Christmas card in the mail. Prayers still flying from me for our friend. Candles lit daily too. :love:

cassiesmom
12-15-2010, 04:00 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI God ~

Prayer Pups here ... wiffa request fur HELP fur Phred...

He's having trouble wiffa Air Pipes ...

Please put Your skrubbies on and fly down tumorrow to help Phred wiffa Air Pipes. They aren't workin so good jus now.

And plees be sure to give all his FRENS a big {{{God'sHug}}} to let them know that You're helpin out. We, his FRENS don't wanna lose Phred yet.

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

:love:

captain
12-15-2010, 05:09 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI God ~

Prayer Pups here ... wiffa request fur HELP fur Phred...

He's having trouble wiffa Air Pipes ...

Please put Your skrubbies on and fly down tumorrow to help Phred wiffa Air Pipes. They aren't workin so good jus now.

And plees be sure to give all his FRENS a big {{{God'sHug}}} to let them know that You're helpin out. We, his FRENS don't wanna lose Phred yet.

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

:love:

cassiesmom - Ditto!!! Well said ...:)

Freedom
12-15-2010, 07:01 PM
See this thread; Phred has passed. :(

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=164982