PDA

View Full Version : IL & IN Pet Lovers

kittymom
10-28-2002, 05:35 PM
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/9902/tlc.html

The above reference website is a nonkill shelter in Lockport, IL. It has a weekly dog and cat list, upcoming events, and wonderful success stories of animals adopted.
Just thought some of you might be interested if you or someone you know are looking to adopt or do volunteer work.

tatsxxx11
10-28-2002, 06:05 PM
Thanks so much for the link. It's so good to know of another no kill shelter:) I'll bookmark it for sure! I know several PT'ers live in that area.

tatsxxx11
10-28-2002, 06:10 PM
I just checked out the link. Oh, what beautiful babies. So many Huskys and Labs:( The beautiful chocolate boy looked like he had tears running down his face. They did run down mine when I saw how sad he lookded. And the little guys are so precious. Oh, I thank heaven that these innocent ones will not be PTS.

Cookiebaker
10-28-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
I just checked out the link. Oh, what beautiful babies. So many Huskys and Labs:( The beautiful chocolate boy looked like he had tears running down his face. They did run down mine when I saw how sad he lookded. And the little guys are so precious. Oh, I thank heaven that these innocent ones will not be PTS.

After I read what you wrote, Tats, I just had to go check the site out. Oh I hope they find forever homes soon...that chocolate labbie just melted me.

Sudilar
10-28-2002, 09:35 PM
I have personally visited this shelter. It is very nice and clean. Actually, I believe it is not a no-kill shelter. However, it think it is rare that they put down an animal. The turn-over rate is high. That's great for the dogs there. I visit whenever I see a GSD posted and I check to be sure that it gets adopted. :D

This is the shelter where Killian won Grandest and Shiloh won Longest Tongue after their walk-a-thon!!!