PDA

View Full Version : Fister goes for a check-up - Nov 23rd

Randi
11-22-2010, 11:20 AM
Tomorrow, I'm taking Fister to the vet for a check-up. His last visit there was May 2010 and his numbers were fine. :) So I hope all is still well! Fister will be seeing a new vet there, a woman I have met once. I got a good impression of her. His usual vet will not be there tomorrow.

Fister is now 14 years old and more attention seeking - he meows a lot for me, and also wakes me up during the night. I know that older cats meow more, but I want to make sure nothing is wrong. He is also very choosy with food, he definately prefer to get his treats as a main course, but I'm not sure that's good for him. What he loves is Royal Canin's Sensitive. Then, he will eat about anything, as long as it is something new, but he soon gets fed up with some food.

I have been feeding him Royal Canin's Renal and also Urinary, and I give him half a pouch of Purina wet food at a time, almost every day - just to get him to eat something. He usually just licks the jelly off. I go and put a bit of boiled water in it and he eats more.

Other than that, he seems to be in good shape. Still goes for short visits in the yard and jumps up in the windows. :)

I have written down some questions for the vet, but if you can think of something I should ask, please post!

Fister and I will appreciate some positive thoughts for a good vet visit!

Thanks! :)

There's a few recent pictures of him in my album here - where he is begging for treats.

momcat
11-22-2010, 11:27 AM
Oh Fister, I'm praying some special prayers that your check up with your new whitecoat will be purrfect tomorrow. Just relax and remember that Doctor is your friend!

Please let us know of Fister's glowing report and add to that lots of scritchies and lovies for your sweetie :love: :love: :love:

krazyaboutkatz
11-22-2010, 11:51 AM
I hope that everything will go well.:) Storm will be 15 in Jan. and he's still doing very well so I'm very thankful for that. Good luck and please update us about his vet visit.:)

Pinot's Mom
11-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Good luck tomorrow, Fister!:love:
Show your Mom you're just fine!;)

cassiesmom
11-22-2010, 12:16 PM
BIG prayers for precious Fister :love:

katladyd
11-22-2010, 12:27 PM
Got our paws and fingers crossed for Fister tomorrow! I hope everything turns out just fine!:)

momoffuzzyfaces
11-22-2010, 12:44 PM
Fingers crossed for Fister to have a great check up. I have a dr appt my own self so will be keeping him in my thoughts while I'm there. :love:

ChrisH
11-22-2010, 01:07 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/8a63548a.gif prayers & positive thoughts for Fister to get good results at his check-up.

Randi
11-22-2010, 01:58 PM
Thank you everyone! I'm worried as usual - even about how to get him in the dreaded box. :eek: However, he is a lot easier to handle these days - and I have clipped his nails. ;)

Will update you when we get back home.

rg_girlca
11-22-2010, 04:17 PM
How about trying to throw a few of his treats in the cat carrier to entice him in. It usually works for me. Mind you though, my furkids aren't the brightest stars in the sky. LOL!!!!

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for dear Fister, for a good checkup.

Laura's Babies
11-22-2010, 05:09 PM
If he hasn't had a senior blood work done, I would ask for that.. I did for Boo and while nothing turned up, you never know.

Fingers crossed for a great check up for that lovely orange boy!

phesina
11-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Prayers and good wishes that Fister goes into his carrier with no trouble and (even more important) comes out from the exam with flying colors!

catmandu
11-22-2010, 07:08 PM
We are praying for Fister to get a good check up, and that your Vet will smile and say that Fister is in fine shape and that you will have him as your friensd for many years to come.:cool::cool:
Fister is such a Great Orange Man!!!:love::love::love:

Sonia59
11-23-2010, 02:34 AM
Good thoughts are on their way :)

Randi
11-23-2010, 05:54 AM
Whew, Fister is back home! He was checked by the new vet there and everything seemed to be OK - including his temperature. LOL!

While I took my coat off I let her read my list with question and his numbers for the previous years. I think she was impressed with how organised I was. ;)

Since he looked so fine and hadn't lost weight, the vet didn't find it neccesary to do the blood work this time. So we arranged that I come over with him in May to have that done.

His teeth was in a reasonable shape, but she did scrape a bit off a few. We'll see if he needs any tooth work next time. I brush him every day on the outside, along his teeth with a rubber brush and I do believe it helps some. :)

R_Girlca, he he, I did put a few treats inside his box last night and he jumped in, but soon jumped out again - you just never know when that lid goes down. :D

Thanks again for your prayers and good thoughts - now I can start relaxing. :)

sasvermont
11-23-2010, 09:00 AM
I am quite happy that Fister boy is just fine! It makes it much easier on the pocketbook, too.
:love:

Pinot's Mom
11-23-2010, 09:13 AM
Of course he's fine! Kisses to Fister from Pinot and me! :love:

lizbud
11-23-2010, 09:40 AM
Wow, that was quick. I meant to post a "good luck" message yesterday,
but guess I didn't.:o But I'm so glad to hear that all went well for mister
Fister.:love: He is such a sweetheart.:)

p.s. I never found a link to Fister's album in your original post? Am I looking
in the right place?

Randi
11-23-2010, 09:50 AM
Thanks again! :) It does indeed it make it easier on the pocketbook.

When we got home, he jumped out of the box and then sat by his cat tower waiting for treats, which of course I gave him. Then, he went for a nap. I expect him here in front of the computer any minute now.

Liz, I didn't post a link because the album is right on PT, but here it is below. Gosh, I need to put pics in of Fister! :o
http://petoftheday.com/talk/album.php?albumid=1

I will deliver every single kiss from you - and he will enjoy them. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
11-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Randi, I'm glad to hear that Fister is fine and hopefully his next vet visit in May will also go well.:)

ChrisH
11-23-2010, 12:30 PM
So pleased to hear Fister's vet visit went well and he's doing ok. :D Please give him some kisses from me.

phesina
11-23-2010, 02:12 PM
Excellent!!!!! Well done, Mister Fister! (or, abbreviated, Mr. Fr.?)

momoffuzzyfaces
11-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Way to go Fister!!! Luvies from me and my brats!!! :love::love:

cassiesmom
11-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Yay, Fister! I'm glad your vet visit went so well! (((HUGS)))

Laura's Babies
11-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Good news is always welcomed here, especially when it is about good check ups at the white coats!