PDA

View Full Version : Pinot's emotionally tragic day :(

Pinot's Mom
11-21-2010, 01:47 PM
I have tragic news to report. As some of you know, our Pinot has, since the day she came to us, had a very special friend named Mousie. Pinot would carry Mousie everywhere, Mousie would be sent down the slide of the stair chair, would be given as a present to Mom and Dad, and would be brought to bed with all of us on occasion. They had very special conversations where Pinot made meowles with Mousie in her mouth and, it can only be assumed, Mousie answered back. It was during one of those sessions today that tragedy struck.

Pinot was talking to Mousie, carrying her around, and sent Mousie down the slide of the stair chair. The chair, although usually at the top of the stairs, was at the bottom. Mousie got too fouled in the gears. Dad tried and tried but couldn't save Mousie; she's too damaged (she was VERY fragile) and covered in heavy grease. We cannot bring Mousie back.

Pinot is in deep mourning and just keeps staring at the chair trying to will her best friend back to life.:(

Freedom
11-21-2010, 01:58 PM
Pinot, I am so sorry to read of your tragic day! Mousie spent many years living and playing with you and now it is time for Mousie to move on.

I am sending you some chin rubs to help you feel better, Pinot!

jennielynn1970
11-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Poor Mousie. Poor Pinot.

Play hard at the Bridge, Mousie. You will meet your Pinot again, One Fine Day. ;)

mrspunkysmom
11-21-2010, 03:45 PM
Poor Pinot

Perhaps a new mousie will show at your doorstep looking for a Pinot. Lots of kisses and headbumps.

Karen
11-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Oh, Pinot, you have our sympathy.

Hmm, there's a Rainbow Bridge for our pets, maybe there's a calico bridge for their loved toys?

lizbud
11-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Well, now that my heart has stopped racing,:D I am so sorry about
Mousie.:( I would suggest duct tape, that helps mend so much for me.:)

catmandu
11-21-2010, 05:04 PM
If you can PM us ,Pinot's Mom we would be glad to send an Animal Welfare Association Mouse.
It may in some way take Mousie's place.:love:

krazyaboutkatz
11-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Poor Pinot

Perhaps a new mousie will show at your doorstep looking for a Pinot. Lots of kisses and headbumps.

I agree even though I know that the original mousie can never really be replaced. I was almost too scared to read this thread because I thought that something tragic had happened to Pinot. Whew what a relief.:)

susanswatlin518
11-21-2010, 06:29 PM
I AM VERY SORRY TO READ ABOUT THIS TRAGEDY. MY WISH FOR YOU IS THAT GRADUALLY THE PAIN WILL EASE AND YOU WILL REMEMBER YOUR TIME ROGETHER IN A HAPPIER WAY. BLESS YOU SUSANSWATLIN518:love:

cassiesmom
11-21-2010, 06:50 PM
I agree even though I know that the original mousie can never really be replaced. I was almost too scared to read this thread because I thought that something tragic had happened to Pinot. Whew what a relief.:)

Me too, my heart dropped when I saw this thread. Pinot, I hope you will have a new best mousey soon :love:!

Laura's Babies
11-21-2010, 06:54 PM
There is no way she can ever replace her faithful, long time friend that has always been there. Maybe, someday, there will be a mousie in bad need of a kitty companion knock on your door.. and that mousie help relieve some of your pain..

momcat
11-21-2010, 07:06 PM
At first I was afraid to look at this post for fear that something happened to our sweet Pinot.

Pinot, I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your best friend, Mousie. Maybe soon another new mousie will come to you looking for a good home and a nice friend like you to have lots of fun with.

astrid
11-21-2010, 07:46 PM
First of all: pheeew!! I thought something happened to sweet Pinot, thank God she's fine... but I'm so so sorry for little Mousie :(

--
Love and kisses Pinot, I know a friend like mousie can never be replaced, but I hope you find a new friend soon to help you ease the pain and have fun with :love:

Pinot's Mom
11-21-2010, 08:04 PM
I'm sorry I scared everyone. I changed the name of the thread to hopefully lessen the impact.

We have tried periodically to introduce other mousies because we knew 'original' mousie would not last forever, but Pinot has never been interested. I hope with the rest of you we can find a suitable new best friend.

kitten645
11-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Dearest Pinot, We are SO sorry for your lose. I know what a mousie means to you. But I promise your meowmie is hot on the trail of a new mousie. My meowmies friend got me a good new one that chips. I'll be glad to send you one. Please PM my meowmie and she'll find out where it came from an send you one. Remember the kitty code. Keep calm and carry on. We shall be sending you a new bestest friend soon.
Yours in felinese,
Calvin

Randi
11-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Pinot, an old dear friend is hard to lose, but I see in my crystal ball that another mouse who needs a companion like you, is on the way to your house - it will be a matter of days. ;) I hope your mom will take the time to give you some extra cuddles to ease your pain.

Fister sends purrs and I send kisses. :love:

rg_girlca
11-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Dear Pinot, I am so sorry on the loss of your dear friend, Mousie. I pray that you find comfort in the fun memories you made together. When the time is right, I'm sure a new Mousie will help fill the emptiness you feel today.

Killearn Kitties
11-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Dearest Pinot,

What terrible, terrible news! We all had such fun hearing of your game with mousie and the chair rails, and it is just awful to hear of poor mousie's demise. I hope you start to feel better soon, precious girl.

xxx

luckies4me
11-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Poor Pinot. I am sorry for your loss. I really hope you can find a new best buddy. :)

phesina
11-23-2010, 02:02 PM
Oh, Pinot, I am so sorry to read this. How sad and grieving you must be with the loss of your dear Mousie.

Deepest sympathy from me and my five cats.

DJFyrewolf36
11-23-2010, 06:21 PM
Hey Pinot, Remus here...

I am so sorry for your loss. I too develop attachments to my toys but meowme seems to think they are trash and throws them away JUST as I start to get attached! :rolleyes: :mad:

I try to compinsate for this by picking things that make the loudest noises possible as I bat them around the floor ;)

Sending a hug in your time of pain

Your friend
Remus K. Maru

Barbara
11-24-2010, 03:21 AM
Hi Pinot,
Orion here. Just like you I love my used feather wands much more than the new ones. But my mom says you should accept Gary's offer. That Canadian catmint must be just the cat's pyjamas;)
Purrings
Your friend Orion

mrspunkysmom
03-29-2014, 08:59 PM
Did Princess Pinot ever get a new mousie?

Pinot's Mom
03-30-2014, 07:03 AM
Did Princess Pinot ever get a new mousie?

Yes, she's had a faithful companion for the last few years; thanks!

phesina
03-30-2014, 09:26 AM
Oh, good.. That's a relief.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: