PDA

View Full Version : I didn't exactly adopt Zoe...

Catty1
11-20-2010, 10:13 PM
...it's more like she just MOVED IN here and forgot all about being a foster!

So I thought I better return the stuff that came with her from the HS...and pay them some money....:D

I read her surrender history - Gayle, you may be interested to know that she and her kitten were brought in from Sundre. The young man that brought her in had been evicted, and had nowhere to take her and her kitten. And - she IS 10 years old! I just don't see it.

Another cat arrived with Zoe and her kitten - a 2 year old named Pinkie. I had a good look at Pinkie today, and there is no doubt in my mind that Zoe is Pinkie's mom! I've attached pics.

Pinkie is in the first pic - the other two are Zoe. They sure look related to me...Pinkie is larger than her mom, but still not a very large kitty.

Enjoy while I listen to a quiet low voice in my head repeating "Am I nuts? Am I nuts?....":rolleyes:

Taz_Zoee
11-21-2010, 12:12 AM
Woo Hoo!! Welcome home Zoe!! :D This is wonderful news. :)

katladyd
11-21-2010, 12:32 AM
Zoe, you are one lucky kitty! PT kitties get only the best! They are loved, pampered, and considered one of the family. Congratulations!:love:

krazyaboutkatz
11-21-2010, 01:33 AM
Candace, no you're not nuts. You're just a cat lover and Zoe knew how to charm her way into both you and your boys hearts.:) Congrats!!!:D

Pinkie sure is adorable and hopefully she'll be adopted very soon. Will you still be able to foster or have you given this up since you just adopted your latest foster?

Freedom
11-21-2010, 07:04 AM
Well, Candace, it took you long enough! Many of us join PT and discover our pet family GROWS! Te heee, you held out a LONG time.

And Congratulations on Failing Fostering 101!

Zoe is very sweet, what a pretty face. I am pleased she has found herself a loving furever home. YIPPEE!!!

Laura's Babies
11-21-2010, 07:11 AM
They know exactly how to twist us around their paws and win us over! She is 10 years old so she has probably learned how to cut up the charm and melt the hardest heart. I guess, they KNOW where they want to be or more where they belong and they sure recognize the perfect home when they see it.

I finally told Blaine that I am keeping Caramella since it looks like I will not be going back to work so I have failed fostering 101 myself.. However, I am not saying if the perfect home should come along that I won't let her go.. (like yea, I am saying that now but lets see if/when it happens if I can let her go)

phesina
11-21-2010, 07:41 AM
Congratulations, Candace and Oscar and Cole!

And welcome HOME, Zoe!

chocolatepuppy
11-21-2010, 07:46 AM
Welcome Zoe! Such a pretty girl!:love:

Queen of Poop
11-21-2010, 08:16 AM
Woo hoo!!!! I'd do back flips, but might fall on the ice! The boys needed some more female influence in their lives. Can't wait to meet the new addition in person.

If the weatherman is correct about the plus temps coming for Friday/Saturday perhaps we can get together and I can deliver Cali and Diego's donation.

I'm so happy for the 4 of you!!!:love: :love: :love: :love: :D

catmandu
11-21-2010, 12:31 PM
You see Candace , Our Cats and Dogs always know better than we do!:love:
They know that we can not possibly do without us , and that we need them to be their Very Special Humans.:love:
Zoe knows you need her so much and it is great that you have had that Love connection:love:
Zoe is Zantatstic:cool::cool::cool:

Pinot's Mom
11-21-2010, 01:36 PM
WELCOME HOME ZOE!! I'm so happy for you and Candace! (Candace, Pinot's name was Zoe when we first got her.)

...and Laura, don't think I missed that, it's about time! :)

krazyaboutkatz
11-21-2010, 05:30 PM
I finally told Blaine that I am keeping Caramella since it looks like I will not be going back to work so I have failed fostering 101 myself.. However, I am not saying if the perfect home should come along that I won't let her go.. (like yea, I am saying that now but lets see if/when it happens if I can let her go)

I agree with Pinot's Mom. It's about time Laura.:D You should start a thread about it.;)

Anikaca77
11-22-2010, 07:40 AM
CONGRATS!!

Wonderful news :)

Melissa

cassiesmom
11-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Congratulations, Candace and Zoe, Oscar and Cole!

Edited to add: I just looked at the pictures! I love picture number three: "Oh, hi, Meowmie! I can see all kinds of interesting things outside from up here!" :D

GILL
11-22-2010, 12:45 PM
Congratulations and welcome to my wonderful world of failed foster.
The are just gorgeous.

lvpets2002
11-22-2010, 12:49 PM
:love: WoW Great News.. Many Congrats Zoe & Candace.. Zoe your such a very Lucky & Adorable Lady..

Grace
11-22-2010, 01:14 PM
I think this is fantastic. Oscar and Cole need another female to help keep them in line :)

Cataholic
11-22-2010, 01:45 PM
You aren't nuts, you are just cat crazy. There IS a difference. Welcome home, Zoe.

cassiesmom
12-01-2010, 05:40 PM
Meowmie, where do you sleep? (with such lovely tabby bed-hogs I'd try to pretzel myself in between them :D)

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=345&pictureid=3192

happylabs
12-01-2010, 05:59 PM
You aren't nuts, you are just cat crazy. There IS a difference. Welcome home, Zoe.

I agree. And they are both very pretty kitties. :love:

Bengalz
12-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Congratulations! Zoe is so beautiful :)

Catty1
12-02-2010, 09:51 PM
I have 2 pics of all THREE of them on the bed - but they are blurry because I took them with no flash...

Oscar and Zoe exchange head bumps...and today Oscar started grooming her head! She kind of pulled away after a moment - she is a tad hyper, and has been a mom kitty so perhaps she thought Oscar had it wrong way around.

Cole and Zoe are being more friendly. Cole isn't a cuddly type, but one day I was sitting on the couch with Zoe on my lap, and Cole flopped on his side on the carpet, doing that wide-eyed funny head movement that means "Let's play!" Unfortunately, Zoe didn't see him!

Anyway, the blurry pics are attached so you get the idea. Cole is becoming more and more himself again!

krazyaboutkatz
12-03-2010, 12:30 AM
Even though the pictures are blurry, I can tell that Zoe looks very happy and content to be between your two boys.:) She sure is petite compared to your two boys. How much does she weigh? She's probably the size of my Pearl.

catnapper
12-06-2010, 07:55 AM
:D Sounds like a familiar scenario. :D :p

I was waiting for this announcement -- its much more fun when I'm not the one who turned fosters into members of the family! ;)

Catty1
12-06-2010, 10:44 AM
LOL - no, no, no, Kim - ZOE turned herself into a member of the family. Made me spend money! lol:D:D

cassiesmom
12-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Yay, there they all are! Hi, Zoe! Hi, Cole and Oscar! :love: