PDA

View Full Version : It's official...

moosmom
11-19-2010, 07:45 AM
I am now a columnist/staff writer for an online local newspaper. I will write a (pet of the week) column, placing adoptive pets in to their new, furrever homes. I will also write stories about animal care, animal rights, and anything that has to do with animals.

My editor asked me to come up with a catchy name for the column. I tried to come up with a name that would be dedicated to Chance, the lone surviving kitten (now a grown cat) of Jay Baldwin's wrath. How does, "Take a CHANCE on Me!" sound??

Looking for suggestions.

Marie (my editor) has given me carte blanche to write whatever I'd like. Imagine...having fun and getting PAID FOR IT!!!!!

Casper
11-19-2010, 03:34 PM
Congratulations!! Sounds like you snagged a great job. :)

I like the title you suggested. I'm the worst when it comes to thinking up names for anything. :o

Karen
11-19-2010, 03:47 PM
I know Chance and Change aren't the same, but how about Change The World? Catchy and it plays into the fact that by adopting an animal you are changing the world for at least that animal, and many more to come by extension?

phesina
11-19-2010, 04:25 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! No one better than you for this job!

moosmom
11-19-2010, 04:33 PM
Karen,

You might have something there!! I've emailed my editor. Thanks!;)

Thanks everyone!

My first column is going to be an interview with the ACO of Mansfield. I have an interview with her tomorrow at 3:00. It's going to be a Q&A with a picture of Noranne. I just had a great idea! How about the ACO story WITH her holding an adoptable animal, with the pet's story.

Gotta go! Need to email my editor again!!:p

Grace
11-19-2010, 05:36 PM
How exciting!!

Looking forward to your first article :)

moosmom
11-19-2010, 06:25 PM
Go to www.Mansfield.patch.com ;) My first article will be in the 27th (Saturday). My editor wants me to do the combo article (Cat/dog and ACO).

Grace
11-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Got it bookmarked - thanks :love:

krazyaboutkatz
11-19-2010, 10:11 PM
This is wonderful news.:) Congrats and good luck.:)

Medusa
11-20-2010, 07:59 AM
How about "Chances Are", Donna? Whatever you decide, it sounds like a dream job and one that you're well suited for. Good for you, girl! :)

chocolatepuppy
11-20-2010, 08:06 AM
Congrats and good luck Donna!:D

moosmom
11-20-2010, 06:08 PM
I had a wonderful interview with Noranne Nielsen, the Mansfield ACO. Fabulous lady with a big heart!! I also featured a cat up for adoption. "Velvet", a HUGE black DMH cat with double paws in the front. He was great! Purred like a steam engine. The whole interview took an hour and I got alot of great information from her. Did you know there is no animal control in the Netherlands or Germany because their animals are kept totally indoors. The worship their animals and they are part of the family. We could learn alot from Europe. Declawing is outlawed in Europe.

I believe the article will be in 11/28 www.mansfield.patch.com

luckies4me
11-21-2010, 01:23 AM
How exciting!!! Congrats to you. I'm sure you will have a ton of fun! :D

JuniorxMyxLove
11-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Congrats! That's awesome!

Someday I'd love to have a job like that...as it is, I'll stick to controlling the lifestyles section of my school paper. I can dream, right?

moosmom
11-21-2010, 03:51 PM
JuniorxMyxLove,

Never say never!! I've been looking for a job like the one I got. It is my dream job. I'm able to write, which is my trade and passion. I'm also able to help out pets looking for a forever home.

The cat that will be featured in my first column will be Velvet. He's a beautiful solid black 12 year old Maine Coon/Turkish Angora mix who was abandoned by his owners in an empty house. A concerned neighbor called the ACO. He's being treated for a URI and will have his teeth cleaned before going to his new home.

My first "Take a CHANCE On Me" pet will be a dog. I'd like to try and place an older pets, as kittens and puppies ALWAYS get homes.

captain
11-21-2010, 05:51 PM
Donna - congratulations!!!!

What a great job to have!:D