PDA

View Full Version : Nawteekat!

AdoreMyDogs
10-28-2002, 12:53 PM
I have been discovering that my cups and glasses have been knocked over lately. Sometimes I leave a glass of ice water sitting on my counter when I go to bed and it is tipped over and spilled by morning. Here is proof of the nawteekat who has been tipping over all the glasses and cups :)

HA! Caught RED PAWED!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid35/p0e851ceb60815d8050054868b1a90b5e/fd2f4744.jpg

Who else has caught their furkids doing nawtee things?

Vermontcat
10-28-2002, 01:37 PM
Minion was caught with his paw in the cookie jar! Er.. in the drinking cup.:) Maybe he is just trying to tell you to leave out a drink for him at bedtime.

Cataholic
10-28-2002, 01:41 PM
Now, you all listen. We have a legal system that holds INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY! Your cats didn't do anything, they just happened upon the crime scene. I will advise them not to utter a word, plead the fifth..

Now, that is a very cute picture.

zookeeper
10-28-2002, 03:38 PM
Cam has gotten caught a few times, but he always makes sure he is caught. Like the time he jumped up on to the fridge and grapped a loaf of bread, well I guess he was so proud of himself that he had to drag that loaf of bread down to the basement and drop it at our feet and than look at us like he was some great hunter who has brought us our meal:rolleyes: :D

He is also a chocolate fiend. We have to hide chocolate in very secure locations or he will get it. We first discovered his addiction to chocolate when I had made an oversized chocolate cupcake, I had left it ont he counter wrapped in saran wrap. I came up in the morning and he had completely unwrapped the cupcake and had eaten it all:eek: Luckily he was not sick. Another time we had not closed a drawe all the way and he had pried it open and took a candy bar out that was stil completely wrapped, he unwrapped it and when we came into the room he had chocolate on his cheeks:rolleyes:

Pam
10-28-2002, 03:42 PM
Trevor is my NAWTEEKAT around here. His two worst offenses were (1)stealing a piece of roast beef right off the kitchen table while I left the room for just a minute before clearing the table and (2) opening up a Dunkin Donut box early one Saturday morning (which was on the counter). I caught him red-pawed with a cream donut in his mouth while my dogs, Ashley and Whitney (now at the RB) looked at him with great anticipation to see if he was going to drop it. It was a three way standoff! LOL!

Cataholic
10-28-2002, 03:58 PM
My cats are all angels (:rolleyes: ), but my mom's newest kitten- Washy is a nawteekat. I brought over a salad that was served with bread, and he took off with a piece. The bread was bigger than he was!!! Right up on the table, into his mouth, and back down- within 2 seconds...

Glacier
10-28-2002, 04:37 PM
Ivy does that around here. She refuses to drink water that isn't very fresh. She also refuses to put her head in a dish. She daintly dips one paw in the glass and then licks the water off. More often than not, the water eventually ends up all over the counter.

Dominique is the food thief queen. A few months ago, we had a moose roast defrosting in the sink. Dominique climbed in the sink, grabbed the plastic bag in her little teeth and hauled the roast out of the sink and across the floor. She weighs about five pounds--about the same as the roast:eek:

neko1
10-28-2002, 04:56 PM
OOOHHHH what a naughty kitty!!! My cats do naughty things all the time but the minute they hear you coming, they run. So unfortunately I can't get any pictures of them in the act.:p

10-29-2002, 09:07 AM
I have caught Maya several times on the kitchen table ...:mad:
She is NOT supposed to be there ; but when she smells leftovers of chicken or ribs , .....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

AdoreMyDogs
10-29-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by lut
I have caught Maya several times on the kitchen table ...:mad:
She is NOT supposed to be there ; but when she smells leftovers of chicken or ribs , .....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yes Minion has a liking to jumping on the dining room table, too. I'll be sitting in my comfey recliner watching tv and he'll jump up there, but as soon as I get up out of my chair to shoo him off the table, he bolds off just before I reach him :) Little nawteekat stinker :)

I recentlly bought a squirt bottle which stays right next to my recliner and I surprise him with a squirt every time he jumps up there now Hehehe :) He's not to happy about the new squirt weapon. He's actually been pretty good the last couple of weeks about not jumping up there.

krazyaboutkatz
10-29-2002, 11:45 PM
Minion you sure are a naughty cat but it does make a cute picture. :) My cats do naughty things too but I usually don't catch them in the act. :)

rosethecopycat
10-30-2002, 07:08 AM
Mr. Jones is a Nawteekat.
I don't leave food on the counter very often, but when I couldn't finish my hamburger one night, I asked my husband to just leave it there and I would finish it later. I went out to the garage to continue my project, when I came in, Mr. Jones had stolen that piece and dragged it into the family room. There he sat, watching me, watching him eat it! Well, he's not too bright, because what he got was mostly bun, and was saving the meat for last, I guess. Then Mommy took that piece away!:mad:
They sure have good sniffers to figure out that there's something on the counter, when there's usually nothing at all.

Logan
10-30-2002, 07:42 AM
He is so cute, Leslie, I know you can't stay mad at that Nawteekat, Minnion, very long!!! :) Helen likes to go to bed with a glass of water beside her bed. They don't usually tip it over, but Mimi and Butter learned it was there and they decided it was "their" water to drink!! We got wise and started using plastic cups with lids and straws to keep the cat tongues out of her water!!! :D