PDA

View Full Version : Sadie had surgery - she looks like Frankenstein!

JuniorxMyxLove
11-17-2010, 06:26 PM
I don't know if I told you guys, but we discovered a few lumps on Sadie a couple of months back. Took her to the vet...they did a plethora of tests, didn't find anything wrong but decided to remove the lumps for further examination.

Soo....Sadie went under the knife Friday. She was incredibly loopy and couldn't figure out how to eat with the cone on, so for a while we were taking little bowls of water and food and holding them in her cone for her hahah.

Anyways...she's doing better now. Everything's healing up nicely and she's more or less getting around okay in the cone [she still runs into corners and stuff but not as much].

Here she is the day after [she looks pitiful with her little patches]
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/SDC13023.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/SDC13022.jpg

Kfamr
11-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Poor babe! Did they find out anything with the further tests? She looks just like this dog we had in at work, had multiple masses taken out too but her name was Oreo. ;)

chocolatepuppy
11-18-2010, 06:24 AM
Poor Sadie. Prayers that the lumps were nothing serious. Please tell her for me that she is still beautiful!:)

anna_66
11-18-2010, 07:43 AM
Oh sweatheart... a frankenstein with a yucky cone is what she probably thinks!
I hope that it's nothing serious.
(((HUGS))) and kisses

Freedom
11-18-2010, 10:48 AM
Oh my, don't you just hate seeing them like this? Especially the first day, when they are loopy still from the anesthesia, and all full of that "woe is me" attitude.

Praying all the post surgery testing shows all is well. Nice thing about the coat: it WILL grow back in!

Sending gentle snuggles for Sadie!!

JuniorxMyxLove
11-18-2010, 02:35 PM
WELL Sadie went back to the vet today for a check up. We also got the results of the biopsies...no cancer! They're still utterly stumped as to what the lumps are...but they're not cancerous.

More testing is in store, but we're all relieved to check that off our list.

Here she is about 10 minutes ago looking utterly pathetic
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/IMG00050-20101118-1521.jpg

robinh
11-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Poor baby. I love the look in the last picture. So sad and pitiful.

My old dachshund used to get fatty lumps. Not cancerous, but they came up all over him. We left them until they bothered him, then had them taken off. He couldn't wear the cone, so we had to put this blow up thing around his neck. He did the same pitiful look. Wish I could find the picture.

wanwan1007
11-18-2010, 08:28 PM
Great news that there is no cancer. She looks so sad poor baby. Sending out good thoughts and prayers for her and more good reports.

anna_66
11-18-2010, 08:44 PM
Very glad to hear there's no cancer!

I love that look! Bet I'll be getting the same one from Roxey tomorrow when I bring her home from the hospital:o

K9karen
11-19-2010, 10:35 PM
YAY! No cancer! It doesn't get better than that! Yeah, Sadie, you broke my heart seeing you in that cone. Poor boo-boo. Sending a gazillion kisses!!!!! :love:

JuniorxMyxLove
11-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Thanks, guys! Sadie has her stitches removed...Thursday, I believe.

I think we should have a new set of test results then, too... as of now, 2 rounds of biopsies, 3 pathologists consulting and they STILL don't know what caused the growths. :rolleyes: Sadie loves to make things difficult!

Alysser
11-21-2010, 12:09 PM
I was worried to read the updates of this thread, but am so glad to hear it isn't anything to worry about as of now! :) Sadie, you still look pretty, even when you have stitches and a silly cone. Hey, they made her life difficult for a few days, she figured they deserved the same. ;)

Karen
11-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Glad they said "no cancer" and that her stitches were removed. Will she not have to wear the dreaded "collar of shame" now?

JuniorxMyxLove
11-21-2010, 06:49 PM
Thanks, guys! I believe she can lose the collar on Friday...only a few more days now.

Bonny
11-22-2010, 07:19 AM
I am so glad Sadie is ok. We call that the lamp shade at our house. Our dog Bobbi had ear surgery years ago & had to wear one of those. It was a challenge for him & us. Get Well Sadie. :)

JuniorxMyxLove
11-28-2010, 10:49 AM
Sadie went to the vet on Friday morning!

They took off her lampshade, removed the stitches...and found more lumps. :eek: They still have NO idea what these could be so for now we're just going to keep an eye on them and call the vet if they start getting bigger.

They're also consulting a dermatologist this week, so hopefully that'll give us some answers.

Sadie is SO happy to be cone free.

anna_66
11-28-2010, 06:39 PM
So sorry to hear that there are more lumps and I hope they find out what's causing them. I bet your girl is thrilled to have her cone off!