PDA

View Full Version : Floor Steam Cleaners?

happylabs
11-16-2010, 03:18 PM
I know there was a thread about vacuums but did we have one on steam cleaners?

I am wanting to purchase a steam cleaner for my floors and wondering if anyone here has suggestions.

My tile floor doesn't seem to stay as nice and clean as it used to since I no longer have a dog to clean it for me. :D

Thanks for any input you may have!

jennielynn1970
11-16-2010, 04:55 PM
It's not a steam cleaner, but my Hoover Floormate works like magic on my vinyl floor. I got mine on Amazon, reconditioned so it was cheap compared to a new model.

I HAD a carpet steamer, but that took so long to clean one carpet, I'd recommend a professional to do it, or rent one of the big steam cleaners and do them yourself. The models at the store they have available do about a 3x3ft square and you have to change the water.... what a pain!!!

Moesha
11-16-2010, 08:23 PM
I have a Haan floor steamer and L-O-V-E it. Everyone that I've let borrow it loves it too and many have purchased one. The model that I have is the slim one and comes with the carpet attachment. It doesn't clean carpets but refreshes them and kills dust mites. It sanitizes in 1 second. You can purchase it at different places, but here's a link to the description at QVC. You can read the reviews there.
Haan Floor Steamer (http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.V28671.desc.Haan-Slim-Light-FloorSteamer-wCarpet-Glide2Microfiber-Pads)

I also have a Hoover Floor Mate. I like it, but the steamer is way better.

jennielynn1970
11-17-2010, 02:02 PM
OOOOOH... I have one of those, not a Haan, but a floor steamer. I don't like mine, which is why I use my Hoover floor mate. maybe it's because my floor was really dirty in the kitchen, but the Hoover did a better job. I'll have to try to use the steamer in my bathroom, see how that works in there.

happylabs
11-17-2010, 02:31 PM
It's not a steam cleaner, but my Hoover Floormate works like magic on my vinyl floor. I got mine on Amazon, reconditioned so it was cheap compared to a new model.

I HAD a carpet steamer, but that took so long to clean one carpet, I'd recommend a professional to do it, or rent one of the big steam cleaners and do them yourself. The models at the store they have available do about a 3x3ft square and you have to change the water.... what a pain!!!

I have a Haan floor steamer and L-O-V-E it. Everyone that I've let borrow it loves it too and many have purchased one. The model that I have is the slim one and comes with the carpet attachment. It doesn't clean carpets but refreshes them and kills dust mites. It sanitizes in 1 second. You can purchase it at different places, but here's a link to the description at QVC. You can read the reviews there.
Haan Floor Steamer (http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.V28671.desc.Haan-Slim-Light-FloorSteamer-wCarpet-Glide2Microfiber-Pads)

I also have a Hoover Floor Mate. I like it, but the steamer is way better.

Thanks ladies! I was hoping to get more responses. I did want a steamer but the Hoover Floor Mate is interesting.

Does the floor steamer work as easily as they show on TV?

jennielynn1970
11-17-2010, 03:05 PM
I just used the steamer on my bathroom floor... it was really disgusting. It cleaned it like MAGIC!! It was $25 and my boyfriend bought it at Big Lots or Odd Lots or some warehouse place. I don't know that it would work on big areas, but my small bathroom it was a piece of cake. The floor mate wouldn't fit by the toilet but the steamer did so that's why I tried it today. It does soak up a lot of the water from the steaming, so it dripped quite a bit when I took off the pad, just a forewarning. I quick put the 2nd pad on and wiped up the water it dripped. Just put it in the washer with the floor rug now. Hope it gets nice and clean!

moosmom
11-17-2010, 03:57 PM
happylabs,

The Shark is a really good steam vac. When I worked at BB&B they were very popular.

Roxyluvsme13
11-17-2010, 04:33 PM
My mom has been wanting a steam mop forever, so I'm interested on what everyone has to say :p.

Catlady711
11-17-2010, 05:35 PM
When I first moved into this house I realized that the light colored carpeting was going to need to be shampooed regularly. Bought a Hoover Steam cleaner/vac. I've been very happy with it and it has served it's purpose well until this year, the jets just won't work quite right. I'm now in the market for a new one.

BTW, I bought that Hoover 13 YEARS ago!!! :D Most likely my next one will be a Hoover also.

popcornbird
11-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Steam mops are amazing! I have a Haan, and my mom has a Shark. They both do an amazing job and kill 99.9% of germs. It's really good to have, especially if you have little ones who like to crawl. I use mine at least several times a week. It keeps my tiles looking brand new.

Catlady711
11-18-2010, 10:38 PM
REVIEW COMING SOON....

I just tried to use my old steam vac to clean up one tiny mud stain and finally had enouth, the poor thing is just plain toast after 11 years.

Went out and purchased a Hoover Max Extract Dual V (http://www.amazon.com/Hoover-SteamVac-Widepath-Handheld-F7412-900/dp/B0013YPWE6) from Kmart on sale for $209.

I haven't had time to put it to the test yet, planning to do area rugs tomorrow, and do the livingroom/diningroom carpets Sunday. I'll give a better review after that. I'll try it on the linolium just to see what it will do too.

Out of the box though I found the instructions to assemble it were a bit confusing. The pictures aren't very good but got it figured out though. Not sure I'm happy about the hose attatchment not being attatched all the time like my old one was. It should be much easier to keep it cleaned/drained out than my old Hoover. Rather like the idea of the soap being in a separate container (it mixes with the water automatically) because it should make it MUCH easier to do a rinse than my old Hoover.

I don't have much of a reference on these machines. My 11 yr old Hoover was the only one of those machines I had ever purchased but I can tell you until this year it ran CIRCLES around those rental Rug Dr. machines in both suction, cleaning power and ease of use!!! I'm hoping this one does the same.

Like I said, once I have actually put it to use I'll update in case it's of interest to anyone else.

happylabs
11-18-2010, 10:45 PM
Thanks ladies. I ordered the Haan from QVC. Hoping it gets here early next week so I can use it before Thanksgiving company comes.

jennielynn1970
11-19-2010, 06:55 AM
I think mine from Odd Lots or Big Lots was $25.00. Not much, and it's not a pro steamer thingy, but it worked on the bathroom gunk, lol. I'll have to see what this Haan thing is like and maybe we'll get one of them in the future.

Helen, you'll have to post to tell us how it worked!!

gemini9961
11-19-2010, 11:12 AM
I just purchased the Eurkea Enviro Steamer. http://www.amazon.com/Eureka-313A-Enviro-Hard-Surface-Steamer/dp/B001LYFBHG I debated on this one and the Haan and eventually went with this one based on customer reviews. I will let you all know how it goes. I'm hoping to have really clean floors now. With the baby and 3 dogs and a husband my floors go through a lot.

happylabs
11-19-2010, 02:21 PM
I think mine from Odd Lots or Big Lots was $25.00. Not much, and it's not a pro steamer thingy, but it worked on the bathroom gunk, lol. I'll have to see what this Haan thing is like and maybe we'll get one of them in the future.

Helen, you'll have to post to tell us how it worked!!

I will definitely let you know how I like it. I am cleaning my house like a madwoman this weekend for Thanksgiving company next week. However, the steamer is not to arrive at my house until Monday. I will vacuum up every cat hair I can this weekend and then steam away on Monday when I get home from work!

caseysmom
11-19-2010, 03:06 PM
I will definitely let you know how I like it. I am cleaning my house like a madwoman this weekend for Thanksgiving company next week. However, the steamer is not to arrive at my house until Monday. I will vacuum up every cat hair I can this weekend and then steam away on Monday when I get home from work!

You and me both! I will be shampooing the carpets with my kirby though.

Moesha
11-30-2010, 04:45 PM
How did you like the floor steamer?

happylabs
11-30-2010, 05:09 PM
How did you like the floor steamer?

I love it! Sorry I forgot to post after I got it. I was cleaning like a mad woman for 3 days and then cooking for 2.

The Haan is awesome! It is easy to use and lightweight. It worked well on both my kitchen ceramic tile and also my bathroom vinyl.

Thanks so much for telling me about it. :)