PDA

View Full Version : Nair-- funny

weeze
10-28-2002, 12:08 PM
The other day I was doing some personal grooming of my own, and had Nair on my legs (for those who may not be familiar, this is for hair removal) Well, I assumed that the chemical smell would be enough to keep the cats away, but interestingly, it seemed to extremely attract them. Well, you can imagine my horror as Baby insisted on coming near me and sniffing my legs. I didnt' want her to get the cream in her eyes or her mouth. I had forgotten about keeping it off her fur... Well... she decided that she had to rub her whole body against me.....so she was covered in Nair herself!!! I freaked out! I had to chase her down and give her the quickes bath ever! All I could do was imagine her A) either licking it off and getting sick or worse.. dying or B) Going completely bald on her left side! Thankfully I managed to get it all off her... and I was able to laugh about it later. Anyway, next time I will remember to lock the bathroom door... :D

Cataholic
10-28-2002, 12:10 PM
Close call there. But, maybe this is the newest rave in cats! Everyone wanting to be a furless kid!!!!!:D

NoahsMommy
10-28-2002, 12:20 PM
Oh no!!! Glad you were able to get it off her in time...I bet that was really scary!

Uabassoon
10-28-2002, 12:41 PM
My cat Zasper got a waxing strip stuck on her once, I was scare to pull it off, because well...it hurts to wax and she was a little furrier then people are :) . Luckily I was able to do it gently enough and slowly enough, little by little that it didn't hurt.

AmberLee
10-28-2002, 05:26 PM
I've just starting using Nair and Cassy is also attracted to the smell. Weird fur-kids! At any rate, I was backing away from him and our bathroom isn't all that big for manuevering. Anyone watching would thing we were crazy... :rolleyes: :p :D

toughCookie
10-28-2002, 07:07 PM
LOL:D

krazyaboutkatz
10-29-2002, 12:44 AM
That's a funny story but I'm also glad that it had a happy ending. :D

10-29-2002, 02:21 AM
ROTFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!

How hilarious ... but also how good you reacted so fast !! Would have been an ugly sight , a kitten with shaved furr ... . I am laughing now , but I would have freaked out too ..!:eek: :eek: :D

jenluckenbach
10-29-2002, 05:55 AM
It's amazing the things we take for granted that can be such trouble for our kitties. Glad you didn't have a half bald baby!

lynnestankard
10-29-2002, 08:19 AM
ROTFL Weeze - thanks for sharing and..........bathroom door shut in future eh?!

Lynne

Cataholic
10-29-2002, 08:21 AM
What I find amusing is that that stuff NEVER worked for me....:D

weeze
10-29-2002, 12:34 PM
lol... the more I think of it the more I laugh again. Baby doesn't know how lucky she is..