PDA

View Full Version : New Zoe Album

Catty1
11-14-2010, 11:03 PM
I have a new album with pics of Zoe. There is NO WAY this little girl is 10 years old! She is very prone to zoomies, and has her little morning romps with Oscar.:D

She now uses the "family" litter box, but her feeding place is still the bathroom. Her dishes go up on the counter so Oscar doesn't get them!

Poor Cole is kind of odd man out - he is still getting used to her. I do give him more attention...it would be great if Zoe stayed here, but only if Cole could be more comfy. He is quite a bit sulky as he and Oscar don't have their playfights and runs any more.:(

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the photos of sweet Zoe. She is quite the firecracker!

krazyaboutkatz
11-15-2010, 12:03 AM
She's so gorgeous and so petite compared to Oscar.:) I'm glad that she and Oscar are getting along well. Hopefully Cole will soon learn to also join in and play chase. It would be great if she could stay with you and your boys. She sure doesn't look 10 years old to me either.:)

Laura's Babies
11-15-2010, 08:17 AM
I LOVE her markings! She also has a pretty face and she looks so sweet! Maybe it will work out and you can keep her.. She looks like a kitten compared to Oscar!!

cassiesmom
11-15-2010, 11:07 AM
Wow, she is beautiful!

lvpets2002
11-15-2010, 12:31 PM
:love: Awee Zoe is so Beautifull.. Huggss baby girl..

Catty1
11-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Well, Cole is thriving on more attention - and now Zoe is doing the 'little chase' with him. Not playing yet - she chases AT him and stops several inches away. And he stares at her. lol

She was playing with a toy in the living room yesterday while Cole watched. A little later Cole was rabbit-kicking the same toy (I don't think he's ever played with it!), while staring at Zoe, who was looking back at him.

Just a matter of time...

As for Oscar, see attached pic!:)

How's THIS for a coincidence - my mom bought a new litter box for her cat and will be getting rid of the old hooded one. She wants me to take it for recycling as their bins aren't big enough for it.

Ummm...could I give it a good soaking in bleach and wash it and use it for...oh...an extra cat....???? ;):D

Grace
11-16-2010, 06:19 PM
She's lovely, Candace. Her markings are gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing her with us :love:

catmandu
11-16-2010, 06:24 PM
What a WonderCat Zoe is , and that is remarkable that at 10 yeras young that she is still so full of energy!!
A Cat with the soul of a Kitten!!
She is quite the Cat!!!!:love::cool::):rolleyes:

phesina
11-16-2010, 06:32 PM
Ummm...could I give it a good soaking in bleach and wash it and use it for...oh...an extra cat....???? ;):D

Sounds like you already know what this is for!...

Catty1
11-16-2010, 07:02 PM
If I poured about 1/2" of bleach in the bottom after washing it, left it for 1/2 hour, then washed the whole thing again(with bleach in the water) - would that be clean enough?

krazyaboutkatz
11-17-2010, 12:38 AM
If I poured about 1/2" of bleach in the bottom after washing it, left it for 1/2 hour, then washed the whole thing again(with bleach in the water) - would that be clean enough?

I'm sure it would be. I didn't know that your mom got a cat. How long has she had him/her? I think that Zoe has already claimed your home as hers and Oscar seems to really enjoy her company.:) It's great to hear how Cole is now starting to warm up to her too. She must be irresistable.;) I hope that everything works out in the end. Good luck.:)

Catty1
11-17-2010, 08:55 AM
Tracey, my family has always had cats - two of them. The last cat my mom had was the old family Siamese, who lived to 19 1/2. We hoped he would go in his sleep, but the poor guy just got worse and worse and the vet had to send him to the Bridge.

When my sister died in 2006, my mom took in her two lilac points, Pyka and Shiney. She adored them! Sadly, Pyka got nasal cancer which the regular vet didn't pick up - Mom had to ask for a referral. Although he had surgery, the results came back that it was malignant and that they couldn't get it all. Mom syringe fed him for weeks and weeks...he was happy to have him feed her :) but he wasn't improving at all.

Rather than wait for the cancer to return, Mom (and I) made the very very hard decision to send Pyka to the Bridge in 2007.

Shiney remains a spoiled only cat. :)

Catty1
11-17-2010, 03:30 PM
I sent the volunteer coordinator a link to Zoe's album on FB. Here is her reply:

Hi Candace,

Great pictures and it looks like she is getting along with your cat which is great!

Adoption fee for Zoe is $125 as she is a senior. You made me laugh by asking, let me know if you need anything from us and I will be in touch about bringing her back to shelter when I know anything, although it seems like you might not be in a rush to do that :)

Thanks so much!

Not in a rush? WHATEVER gave her THAT idea? ;)

The one main situation....my boys are on weight management food. Oscar is really bad for gorging on Zoe's dinner! I guess supervised meal times are the only way to go if Zoe joins the family.

Prayers that I get the extra $ to adopt her...because I volunteer there, maybe they will do a payment plan.

Three cats - am I nuts? (no comments from all the multi-cat families here!)

Queen of Poop
11-17-2010, 04:12 PM
She is just so pretty and is fitting in so well it would be a shame to send her away now. Cali and Diego might be willing to give up some of their Whiskas Temptations treat money to help make Zoe a permanent member of your family!:D:D:D

phesina
11-17-2010, 07:33 PM
What a lovely girl she is, and how right at home she seems to be!

Yes, that bleach wash would be just fine for her new litter box.

krazyaboutkatz
11-18-2010, 12:45 AM
Wow! I would've thought that her adoption fee would be much less. Usually it's higher for kittens and goes down according to age. In my area, the Humane Society,in 4 locations, is running a special of only a $10 adoption fee for cats for the entire month of November. They usually run between $100-$175 each. They have so many cats that all of their shelters are way too full.:( I hope that a lot people who have been thinking about adopting a cat will do so. I've been trying to talk my parents into adopting a cat because they keep saying that they will some day. My dad says that they still travel too much and it wouldn't be fair to the cat.

Candace, now I remember Shiney.:) For some reason I thought that both Pyka and Shiney had passed on. I'm glad to hear that Shiney is still around and doing well. We need to see some more pictures of him.;) Hopefully if you do decide to adopt Zoe, that you'll get a discount or at least be able to pay the adoption fee in payments. Good luck.:)

Catty1
11-20-2010, 12:12 PM
Tracey - in my photo albums, there is one of Shiney and Mom. :D He is quite spoiled!

Also - a PTr is donating towards my adopting Zoe! THANK YOU! They are having a Pet-i-cure fundraiser today, and I will start the process. I washed her cat bed and the other stuff that came with her....she doesn't use it at all (never did, actually). I will take that, and the HS carrier, back today. ;):D