PDA

View Full Version : Please set the record straight...

moosmom
11-14-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm stuck home (no gas, no $$) and watching Bridezillas (Oh God, PLEASE don't let my daughter turn into one of them!!!). I noticed that these girls, when they talk (there are a couple that I HAD to mute, they were so annoying) they add an "a" after the last word in their sentence. For example, "NOa" or "WHATa". Last time I checked the English language, there is no "a" after NO or WHAT.

What's up with THATa??

momcat
11-14-2010, 02:51 PM
I've noticed that too, Donna. Actually I find it very annoying. I must admit to watching this stupid show. At times I can't help but wonder why these guys go through with the weddings or even why anyone involved puts up with such obnoxious immaturity.

Last year they did a "Where Are They Now" segment with some of the couples. Might be fun if they do it again.

Laura's Babies
11-14-2010, 03:34 PM
Fast forwards 18 years and they are raising their teen age kids and somebody brings this video to a family gathering and shows it to their kids...

(I find that thought highly amusing)

momcat
11-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Fast forwards 18 years and they are raising their teen age kids and somebody brings this video to a family gathering and shows it to their kids...

(I find that thought highly amusing)

:D :D :D I do too, Laura :D :D :D

Karen
11-14-2010, 08:32 PM
It may just be a regional accent? Where are they from?

Time to change the channel, say I - there's gotta be something better to watch than these train-wrecks of humanity!

luckies4me
11-14-2010, 08:44 PM
I don't understand why people choose to speak this way. It is beyond me and seems very very silly. Not to mention the fact that it makes them look uneducated. One word I cannot stand is "Hella". "That's hella tight." It drives me NUTS!!!

moosmom
11-15-2010, 05:20 AM
I KNEW there was a reason WHYa I didn't like reality shows.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Vette
11-15-2010, 03:05 PM
LOL dont watch the show an your problems solved. ;)