PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Brother

pomtzu
11-14-2010, 06:50 AM
Happy birthday to my big brother who is 76 years young today - and still bitchin'! :p There were 3 of us - each 5 years apart - and I'm the baby of the bunch. Middle brother passed away at the tender age of 64, so he would have been 71 had he lived.

I have no doubt that the "old man" will outlive us all, since it is said that "only the good die young", and he's as ornery as they come.

So Bro - wishing you a wonderful day filled with as much excitement that you can handle. :eek: Hoping to be able to make a trip down to see you soon - God willing and the creeks don't rise! :D

Freedom
11-14-2010, 07:36 AM
AW, that is lovely! Happy Birthday to Pomzu's Big Bro! :D

Laura's Babies
11-14-2010, 08:29 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROTHER!!

Brothers are special, and I understand how much you love him.. Our oldest brother died in about 1994 and it hit us all really hard.. Mama had a boy, then a girl, then me and then our baby brother. There was 8 years differance between me and both my brothers, 2 years between me and my sister.

gini
11-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Well, Happy Birthday big brother! I have a brother that had a birthday just this past Halloween - the same age.

Go ahead - have the cake and ice cream too!

lizbud
11-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Happy Birthday Brother.:) I agree, big brothers can be really good friends
too. (Once you're both grown up) :)

I can't forget my big brother's birthday. It's the day before mine. We're two
years and 1 day apart.:)

caseysmom
11-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Happy birthday big brother. Appreciate him, its been a little over 4 years since mine died at 51... I definitely miss having a brother.

pomtzu
11-14-2010, 03:36 PM
Just got off the phone with Big Bro (Charlie to me, but he goes by Chuck), and he's having a good day so far. He thought it was awesome that I posted here, and that total strangers are wishing him a good day.

He's getting his cake and ice cream (sugar free) to help keep his sugar down, went to Hooter's last night for wings (which didn't agree with him this time but he's okay now), and tonight it's dinner at Red Lobster. Got lots of nice presents to top it all off.

He really does good for an "old phart", tho of course age is slowing him down considerably, along with numerous medical problems. He finally had to relent and sell his motorcycle a couple of years ago, and had to relinquish his private pilot's license due to his age and high blood pressure some years before that, so sold his plane too.

He has broken a family record for longevity of the males in the family tho, as our father and all of Dad's brothers passed on by their early 70's, and our brother was 64 when he passed. He must be doing something right if he's still around, in spite of living on the edge in his younger days. Guess hard work and determination pays off in the end!

Hoping he'll see 80!!! ;)

lvpets2002
11-15-2010, 12:52 PM
:) Happy Birthday Big Brother & Have Many More.. hope your day was a great one.. Sorry I was a day late..

Asiel
11-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Just noticed this today--Happy Birthday to your big brother and lots of luck to keep him going..Big brothers are such fun but then so are the younger ones.