PDA

View Full Version : Creamsicle has a lump; It isn't cancer!; Update: 12/2; #71

Medusa
11-11-2010, 01:17 PM
She hopped up on my lap and while petting her I discovered the lump on her back. I think it might be a sebaceous cyst but I can't take any chances. She's got enough against her being a CH girl and deaf and vision impaired. She has an appt. w/Dr. Lee Monday morning. Sigh. Can I get a break, please?

Anikaca77
11-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Oh dear....I'm so sorry...hopefully it won't be anything. My thoughts are with you.

Melissa

Taz_Zoee
11-11-2010, 01:24 PM
I do hope it is nothing serious. I will keep you and your C girl in my thoughts.

Freedom
11-11-2010, 02:06 PM
Paws crossed it is just one of those minor lumps and bumps kitties (canines and we humans too!) get as we age.

neko1
11-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Oh no, hope it's nothing serious! ((HUGS))

phesina
11-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Oh, Mary, you've just had one thing after another happening recently. I am so sorry to read this now.

Hoping and praying that this lump is nothing serious.

Karen
11-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Here's hoping it's just a fatty lump, nothing serious. Gracie, our Great Dane, had one on her side for years and years, and with that sleek Great Dane coat, it was completely obvious to even casual observers. I grew used to explaining "it's just a wen," and then explaining what a "wen" is to those who still looked puzzled.

Catty1
11-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Hopes it is something simple and harmless. You need a break for sure!:love:

pomtzu
11-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Try not to worry too much Mary. Hopefully it's just a harmless fatty growth like both Myndi & Sparky have. Prayers for a positive outcome from me and The Fuzzbuttz. :love:

Catlady711
11-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Hopefully it's just an infected hair follicle or cyst. Thoughts for Creamsicle.

mrspunkysmom
11-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Pawsitive thoughts coming.

chocolatepuppy
11-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Pawsitive thoughts and prayers that the lump is nothing serious.

momcat
11-11-2010, 07:18 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about this, Mary. Please know that very special prayers are being prayed for your sweet Creamsicle and Dr. Lee will find nothing seriously wrong. Please keep us updated?

Gentle lovies being sent for Creamsicle :love:

moosmom
11-11-2010, 07:30 PM
I found a lump on Maya Linn yesterday. I assume it's a fatty tumor from a vaccination. It bothers her more than it does me.

Please keep us posted on Creamsicle's prognosis. She'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

kuhio98
11-11-2010, 09:01 PM
It's hard not to imagine the worst. But, odds are that it's nothing.

Still, you both are in my thoughts and prayers.

Please keep us posted.

krazyaboutkatz
11-12-2010, 12:44 AM
I sure hope that it's nothing serious. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Laura's Babies
11-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Awww Geez! I am also hoping it is only a fatty lump.. Boo has one and when I found hers, I thought the worst and ran off to the vet with her... Let's hopt that is all it is.. I am like you, she already has enough problems, enough to deal with.

Medusa
11-12-2010, 06:10 PM
What bothers me is that I can't see it. It isn't above the skin; it's underneath. It's big, too; about the size of a nickel.

Laura's Babies
11-13-2010, 07:13 AM
Boos was about the size of a quarter and thick,and because of her plush thick fur, you can't see it but when rubbing her I found it. Hers was soft and mushy but at the time, I didn't realize cats get fatty deposits.. It is still there and hasn't changed since I discovered it.

Laura's Babies
11-13-2010, 07:39 AM
Since Caramella came along, I have neglected posting pictures of the other girls so this is long over due.. I decided to focus this thread mainly on the perch at the kitchen window and you will see why when I am done..

They are not as upset with the kitten invasion we have had here anymore and Caramella can do whatever she wants, (just about) without anybody threatening her anymore. Even Boo seems not to care that she is here. Samantha and Giz will do the chase thing with her, she will chase them down the hall, they will chase her back up the hall. One day Samantha noticed her stinky butt (she hadn't yet learned to clean herself after using the litter box) and she started cleaning it! WOW! Caramella did not like that but let her do it and decided to clean Samantha while Samantha cleaned her.. She can even walk up to Amy and sniff her and Amy no longer sees it as having her space invaded..

Anyway, on to the pictures of the girls..

This still has been a great investment and gets used every day, it is their # 1 favorite place to be.. It needs some repairs but I haven't got what I need to do it yet.. just keep forgetting to get it while in town..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/IMG_1542.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/IMG_1552.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/IMG_1548.jpg

Even Crarmella enjoys it now since she figured out how to get up there..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/IMG_1621.jpg

More coming up in next post http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/thghostsmiley.gif

Laura's Babies
11-13-2010, 07:44 AM
Now, on the the surprise I had just yesterday! I haven't seen this in YEARS!! I went into the kitchen to get something and was stunned by this sight and she was ONE happy little girl, so proud of herself and just wanted to pose so pretty for the camera!

LOOK at this!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/thghostsmiley.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/IMG_1651.jpg

I have no idea how she got up there or got down...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/IMG_1652.jpg

Giz posed for you too so you could see her beauty but she wasn't on the perch..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/IMG_1208.jpg

moosmom
11-13-2010, 09:28 AM
Laura,

She's still beautiful, on or off the perch.;)

katladyd
11-13-2010, 05:01 PM
It looks like Caramella is one of the family now. I love how everyone is accepting her. They knew this was coming.:D Oh, I almost forgot, WAY TO GO AMY!

phesina
11-13-2010, 05:31 PM
Omigosh! Amy, YOU ROCK!!!!! Special :love::love: from your fellow CHers Elmer and Bob!

And welcome HOME, Carmelita! :love::love::love::love::love::love:

Medusa
11-15-2010, 11:39 AM
As soon as Dr. Lee felt the lump he said "This has got to come out right away". I hated leaving Cgirl there but otherwise I'd have to take her back in early tomorrow morning and stress her all over again. She was hysterical when I left and I couldn't calm her down. Then I got a call from them on my drive home saying that Dr. Lee decided to do the surgery right away. He said that she was too stressed and he feared it would only get worse. He's hoping that the lump is a fibroma but fears it may be a fibrosarcoma. My stomach dropped to my feet when he said that. This is all happening too soon after just losing Boo. Please say a prayer for my sweet little Creamsicle. She has enough to deal with being deaf and a CH baby. I will pick her up at 5:30 this evening.

krazyaboutkatz
11-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Mary, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( You've been through too much lately. I hope that her surgery goes well and that she'll recover quickly. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

lvpets2002
11-15-2010, 12:27 PM
:love: Oh no I am so sorry Creamsicle has to go thru this.. Lots of Prayers & Huggss being sent.. Keep us posted ok..

Taz_Zoee
11-15-2010, 12:32 PM
I am definitely keeping you and Creamsicle in my thoughts today.

Anikaca77
11-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Mary my prays for you and Creamsicle....I'm so sorry to hear that she has to have surgery, I hope everything will go well. Happy thoughts being sent your way.

Melissa

jennielynn1970
11-15-2010, 12:54 PM
Poor Cgirl.... I hope she'll recover quickly and that the lump isn't cancerous.

Thoughts and prayers going out to the both of you, and the rest of your fur posse.

cassiesmom
11-15-2010, 01:04 PM
big prayers for Cgirl and her meowmie!

moosmom
11-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Oh Mary, I'm so sorry to hear about Creamsicle. Please keep us posted on her progress. You and Creamsicle will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom
11-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Mary, I am praying that all goes well with your Creamsicle.

Hearing how upset she was, I am almost in tears. Bad enough she has to have surgery; the disruption is a huge thing for her. I am glad Dr. Lee was able to adjust his schedule to accommodate her. I am sure 5:30 can't come soon enough for either one of you.

I was hoping it was a fatty tumor too; 2 of my fluffs have them so I know they are a nuisance but no big deal.

Prairie Purrs
11-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Here's hoping Cgirl's surgery is a complete success and that she has no further problems.

Cataholic
11-15-2010, 01:44 PM
I am so sorry to see this! I am hoping for the best.

phesina
11-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Oh, Mary... big {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Prayers and healing thoughts and energies for Creamsicle and for you too.

Purr-tender
11-15-2010, 01:55 PM
Poor Creamsicle! It had to break your heart to leave her so upset. Thank goodness Dr. Lee worked her right in and she will be back home soon. Hopefully it is benign or if not that it has been caught in time. I just know she will be ok! Keep us posted!!

Queen of Poop
11-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Mary, it's my bday tomorrow so I've decided to use my bday wish to wish for good surgery and good results for your Creamsicle. Cali and Diego send purrs and warm fuzzy thoughts. Hugs for you. When you get to pick her up please give her a gentle kiss on the head from me. Good thoughts, good thoughts, nothing but good thoughts!

smokey the elder
11-15-2010, 02:45 PM
Prayers that the lump is benign.:love:

catmandu
11-15-2010, 03:31 PM
:love::love::love:
We are all praying for your Creamsicle , and I will ask Michael to bring some food over for Creamsicle from he Pheasant Plucker so she can regain her strength after surgery.
We are praying hard for your Creamsicle she is such a Good Cat.
:love::love::love:

katladyd
11-15-2010, 04:11 PM
I am praying overtime for Creamsicle!! I hope it is nothing serious and if it is, it can be easily treated.:love:

Medusa
11-15-2010, 06:10 PM
She had an abcess the size of a quarter, a greenish fibrous capsule that Dr Lee did not feel the need to biopsy. He had an appt. so I didn't get to talk to him but he said he would call me first thing tomorrow morning. He did call me on my cell but the call dropped. (Been trying for a week to get a new phone but one thing after another keeps happening.) She has sutures that need to be removed in two weeks. You'd never know she had surgery. They said she refused to sit down almost right after she woke up; she paced the entire time. She did it on the way home, too, and I could hear her growling and hissing before I went back to the room for her. Dr. Lee will tell me tomorrow what causes it; he said it could be from a "poke" so I'm assuming he means from an injection or it could be a hair growing in reverse. If it's from a poke, it could be from the allergy shot she got in June. Who knows. I'll know more tomorrow. I'm just glad it isn't malignant. My heart was in my mouth all day. Thanx for the prayers, friends. I appreciate it. :love:

katladyd
11-15-2010, 06:16 PM
I'm doin' a great, big, happy dance here!!!:love::D

mrspunkysmom
11-15-2010, 06:16 PM
Great News!

phesina
11-15-2010, 06:17 PM
HALLELUJAH!!!!! Creamsicle and Mary!

What great news!

Welcome back home, CGirl, and you rest up and recuperate now.. and the same to your Meowmie Mary.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

cassiesmom
11-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Yaaaay! (((HUGS)))) Cgirl!

Taz_Zoee
11-15-2010, 06:25 PM
Oh thank goodness!! I was about to leave work and I didn't want to worry all the way home until I could check in again. Woo Hoo!!! :D :D

Prairie Purrs
11-15-2010, 06:33 PM
What a relief!

Purr-tender
11-15-2010, 06:34 PM
What a HUGE relief!! I just knew she'd be ok! Now have a relaxing evening with the possee!

Freedom
11-15-2010, 06:56 PM
WOO HOO!!!!

NOW Cgirl can get back to her routines.

All of us, TOO!

momcat
11-15-2010, 07:01 PM
Mary, I could not have gotten better news today than your post about Cgirl. A huge sigh of relief and a solemn prayer of thanks went out when I read your news.
Now that your baby is back home with you, try to relax and wind down. You've been under a lot of stress lately. Would you give Creamsicle some gentle feel better soon lovies from me?
Groucho is doing the happy dance and sends his kitty pal some feel better purrs and gentle headbumpies. For you, Groucho sends lots of purrs and kitty kisses.
May the worst of this be over and her full, complete recovery be close at hand. :love: :love:

Queen of Poop
11-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Ya Hoo!!!!!!! :D

3Catcondo
11-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Thank goodness!!! Creamsicle, rest up girl, it's over. Glad to hear it's benign...
:love:

chocolatepuppy
11-15-2010, 08:18 PM
That's great news!:)

Laura's Babies
11-15-2010, 08:26 PM
WAHOOOOOOO!

I love good news!

dehlers43
11-15-2010, 11:08 PM
Yippeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sundance
11-15-2010, 11:15 PM
That's great news, but what a scare you've had :( I hope Creamsicle recovers quickly and completely. There's been too much sadness here lately.

:love: Get well soon, Creamsicle! :love:

krazyaboutkatz
11-15-2010, 11:43 PM
This is wonderful news!!!:D I hope she'll heal up quickly and get back to her sweet self.:)

ChrisH
11-16-2010, 06:36 AM
Fabulous news! :D

moosmom
11-16-2010, 06:40 AM
Thank God!!! So relieved, Mary!

:love: and hugs

Donna

Anikaca77
11-16-2010, 07:18 AM
Mary I'm so glad to hear that this was nothing to worry about :)

Melissa

Medusa
11-16-2010, 07:19 AM
I wanted her to sleep w/me last night; that's SOP for kitties who are sick or just had surgery. She is such a creature of habit; she kept going to the basement door b/c she's used to sleeping in the basement w/the rest of the Posse. I didn't give in, though, b/c if I were to find diarrhea or vomiting, I wouldn't know if it was from her or one of the others. Wow, did she have a restless night, not b/c she was sick but b/c she wanted to be downstairs. I'll let her go there tonight, that's for sure.

I'm still waiting for Dr. Lee's call. I think they said he had surgery first thing this morning so it may be a while before I hear from him. One of the other vets did tell me that Cgirl has gingivitis; not good but not tragic either. I'll feel better after talking to Dr. Lee; I always do.

smokey the elder
11-16-2010, 07:22 AM
Yay!! I'm so glad "it's naht a toomah". Be good, CGirl.

Medusa
11-16-2010, 09:21 AM
yay!! I'm so glad "it's naht a toomah". Be good, cgirl.

lol

Medusa
11-16-2010, 09:25 AM
Just spoke to Dr. Lee. He said that Cgirl's blood work is excellent. Good news there. He also said that I could keep her on the Medrol in low doses for her allergies. Originally the other vet told me "no steroids" while she's healing b/c it slows the healing process but Dr. Lee feels that we don't need Cgirl to be itchy and then start scratching and opening the incision. I was hoping that my cat sitter wouldn't have to medicate her b/c she's so spastic, very difficult to pick up but my cat sitter is a registered vet tech so she can handle it. Dr. Lee said that he doubts this will recur and that she'll be just fine. I'm just so relieved.

Thanx again for all the prayers and good thoughts and wishes. You have no idea how they helped. :love:

Randi
11-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Such good news - I'm glad! :) I agree with Dr. Lee, she might start scratching and opening the incision, unless she gets something for the itches.

Great you have vet tech for cat-sitter!

lvpets2002
11-16-2010, 12:21 PM
:love: Very Good News about CS.. Get well soon wittle precious lady.. Huggss & More Prayers being sent..

Kirsten
11-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Awesome news!!! :)

pomtzu
11-16-2010, 02:41 PM
Great news Mary. You really do deserve a break. Hoping that Cgirl is none the worse for wear, and that she'll soon forget her traumatizing experience and be back to her old normal self.

You can breathe now Mary............:p:D

Laura's Babies
11-16-2010, 06:19 PM
That is GREAT!!!! Glad all the news is good...It's over and done and now you can rest.. or at least catch a breath..

Medusa
12-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Creamy had her sutures removed today and she wasn't a little Tazmanian Devil like she was last time. ;) She healed nicely and didn't need to wear a collar at all b/c she left it alone, although it was rather difficult for her to reach, especially being as plump as she is. LOL I think she was scared to put up a fuss b/c Boo "disappeared" and then shortly thereafter I left for 8 days to visit my son. She was so happy to see me when I came home that she actually gagged from meowing so much, poor little girl.

My furnace went out while I was in L.A. and fortunately the weather wasn't too bad during that time but she was still cold. She always sits right on top of the heat vent but my cat sitter said that she was hiding in a box in the basement, not one of the cat condos but a box that I store my holiday decorations in, silly thing.

Dr. Lee said to brush her teeth every day and not just 2-3 times a week as suggested earlier. She really has bad periodontal disease. That should be fun. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, thanx for thinking of my little Cgirl. We appreciate it. :love:

cassiesmom
12-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Yay, Cgirl! Gentle (((HUGS))) to you.

Kirsten
12-02-2010, 01:15 PM
That sounds like good news! :love:

She would let you brush her teeth? I tried that with my girls, but no way... lol

Pinot's Mom
12-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Continue to get better C-girl! We're all behind you! :love:

krazyaboutkatz
12-03-2010, 12:25 AM
I'm glad to hear that she had her sutures removed and has healed up well.:) Hopefully she'll get used to you brushing her teeth. I do it once a week to all of my cats. They don't like it but they're getting used to it. My kittens actually love the taste of the toothpaste so they begged me to brush their teeth so I'm starting them out at a young age. Good luck.:)

Freedom
12-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Creamsicle, you are all healed up and ready to go -- got Mum's decorations ready for her, I hear, he he heee.