PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #404?

RICHARD
11-11-2010, 12:02 AM
No 404's here?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/404_error

But I will try to correctly get all drink orders out!
DONE!

Pinot's Mom
11-11-2010, 07:48 AM
It's a special day! I surprised my husband with his best friend from college yesterday on his birthday (the friend is upstairs still snoring away - those West Coast people:rolleyes:) and the RAVENS are playing on a Thursday night!!:D

So, this morning it'll just be coffee and blueberry muffins; my drink order later will be a stronger variety!;)

smokey the elder
11-11-2010, 09:12 AM
I think my brain went 404 this morning. Maybe it needs a reboot with some coffee.:p

cassiesmom
11-11-2010, 12:11 PM
I'm having a total 404 day! I would like a coffee reboot too, please. Here, I've brought some biscotti.

Karen
11-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Hmm, need to go start gathering some of the approximately billion leaves - we have finally has two days without rain, so they should be unstuck now ... mulled cider, please, and hey, how about some Dutch Apple Cake for later ... any volunteers to peel and slice apples? It's rather too delicate a job for Orc hands ...

RICHARD
11-11-2010, 01:33 PM
It's a special day! I surprised my husband with his best friend from college yesterday on his birthday (the friend is upstairs still snoring away - those West Coast people:rolleyes:) and the RAVENS are playing on a Thursday night!!:D

So, this morning it'll just be coffee and blueberry muffins; my drink order later will be a stronger variety!;)

Coffee and BB muffins!

DONE!

STE
COffee reboot!

DONE!

CM,
Coffee and biscotti!
DONE!

Karen,

Mulled cider and I brought my peeler.

DONE!

It's too windy here today to even think about raking leaves!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Rainy and cold here today so I fixed potato soup for lunch and applesauce cake for dessert. I'll share. :love:

Pinot's Mom
11-12-2010, 12:47 PM
It's a beautiful & sunny day, as well as being my last day of work before surgery, so I'll take some bubbly, please! :)

lvpets2002
11-12-2010, 04:03 PM
:rolleyes: Long day here with plane owners/pilots.. Please barkeep gives me a LIT Lg & what ever else is being served.. Orc may have to spray me down with the Mega Blaster to cool me off a bit.. :D

Karen
11-12-2010, 05:22 PM
5 bags of leaves - okay, one is mostly sticks - are out to the curb, so now I can finish making the Dutch Apple cake. Thanks for the peeling help, Richard! And as calories in Thursdays do not count, I will make the custard sauce that traditionally goes on top, if anyone wants it.

Pinot's Mom
11-12-2010, 06:48 PM
And as calories in Thursdays do not count, I will make the custard sauce that traditionally goes on top, if anyone wants it.

Me! Me!:D Please?

Karen
11-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Me! Me!:D Please?

Sure - have some! I cut you a big chunk, you can add your own custard sauce, I put it in a little pitcher, so pour away, while it's warm!

gini
11-13-2010, 10:20 AM
Work kept me away from Thursdays, I sure hope I haven't missed out on the apple cake. Do you make the custard sauce from scratch Karen, or is it the packaged kind from England. Either way, I love custard on just about anything.

Sooo, Saturday morning and I would love a strong coffee Richard and a piece of cake if there is any left.

Karen
11-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Work kept me away from Thursdays, I sure hope I haven't missed out on the apple cake. Do you make the custard sauce from scratch Karen, or is it the packaged kind from England. Either way, I love custard on just about anything.

Sooo, Saturday morning and I would love a strong coffee Richard and a piece of cake if there is any left.

Custard sauce from a package? Never heard of such a thing! And yes, there's still some apple cake - let me warm the sauce a bit, and I'll cut you a piece.

RICHARD
11-15-2010, 12:36 PM
I am taking a mental health day today...

So, I can spend some time with the patrons today!

I am taking orders and thanks to all that have been patient with me!

Karen
11-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Excellent - I'll have a nice cup of tea, and will pass you some of the Dutch Apple Cake if you'd like ... how goes the battle? Want custard sauce on yours?

lvpets2002
11-15-2010, 12:44 PM
:) Yup yup please.. Mmm all sounds good..

Excellent - I'll have a nice cup of tea, and will pass you some of the Dutch Apple Cake if you'd like ... how goes the battle? Want custard sauce on yours?

momoffuzzyfaces
11-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Good to see you Richard!!!

I'd love a big juicy hamburger and onion rings. And a cherry vanilla rootbeer! I am so hungry since the weather got colder. :love:

RICHARD
11-15-2010, 01:14 PM

Chai?

DONE!

The battle has petered out, I am just taking my time and working steadily. LOL, the WORST part? Opening up a frigging box and pulling papers out of envelopes.

THen seeing that 45 minutes have passed while I read!;):D

I'll do custard!

LP,

Coffee and cake!

DONE!

Hi MOFF.

One hamburger, onion rings and a CVRB!

Done!

I think we all are packing on the calories for the up coming winter.:D

gini
11-15-2010, 10:55 PM
Sorry, it has taken me a day or two to get back to this..........but the custard that I mentioned comes in envelopes and you add sugar and milk to cook it.

I first had it at a wonderful British Pub in Santa Monica, CA called Ye Olde
King's Head. They have a hot apple pie with this wonderful custard sauce over top.

I asked - and it is called Bird's Dessert Mix (for custard style pudding) and it comes from England. I bought it at the grocery store - but it was quite a while ago. I think I should google this and see if they still make it.
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=bird%27s+custard+powder&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=5547820287&ref=pd_sl_1bprcuoohq_e

They sure do make it - expensive though..........the box of six packets that I have cost $1.59 - but it is a few years old - laying in my cupboard.

Karen
11-15-2010, 11:10 PM
Sorry, it has taken me a day or two to get back to this..........but the custard that I mentioned comes in envelopes and you add sugar and milk to cook it.

Huh - never heard of it! Thanks for the info!

Pinot's Mom
11-16-2010, 09:22 AM
I've been out of the loop for a day or two-good to be back from the hospital. Good morning y'all! I have ham, biscuits and eggs for all! :)

lvpets2002
11-16-2010, 12:31 PM
:) Welcome back = did I miss something == Hospital?? What happened?? Eggss & Biscuits sounds Great.. Can I have some please.. Yes Orc she will gives you a plate too..

I've been out of the loop for a day or two-good to be back from the hospital. Good morning y'all! I have ham, biscuits and eggs for all! :)

Pinot's Mom
11-16-2010, 02:22 PM
No, you didn't miss anything, I don't think I posted anything about it. I had a procedure (which doesn't need to be advertised ;)) - I'll be out of work for a while, though. I'm doing fine, though.

pomtzu
11-16-2010, 02:47 PM
No, you didn't miss anything, I don't think I posted anything about it. I had a procedure (which doesn't need to be advertised ;)) - I'll be out of work for a while, though. I'm doing fine, though.

Glad everything went well. Rest up and don't overdo! I gave a holler to you today when I was on the Beltway and going past the Ellicott City exit. Didn't you hear me??? :confused::eek:

RICHARD
11-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Glad everything went well. Rest up and don't overdo! I gave a holler to you today when I was on the Beltway and going past the Ellicott City exit. Didn't you hear me??? :confused::eek:

We call that drive-by here in lost angeles.;)

PM,

Glad to hear everything went well!

Make the most of the days off!

DONE!

LP,
I'll help PM and serve!
Two plates?

DONE!

Karen and Gini,

It was Colonel Custard, with the cupboard, inside Gini's Kitchen?

Done?

pomtzu
11-17-2010, 06:30 AM
[QUOTE=RICHARD;2313548]We call that drive-by here in lost angeles.;)

In this part of the country, a drive-by refers to a shooting. I'm not out to kill Maggie!:eek::D

Pinot's Mom
11-17-2010, 10:16 AM
Pomtzu, I thought I heard your voice! Thanks for the well wishes - overdid a bit yesterday, my "private chef" prepared brunch (I slept late). You're all welcome to share!

RICHARD
11-17-2010, 12:06 PM
In this part of the country, a drive-by refers to a shooting. I'm not out to kill Maggie!:eek::D

I know, I was pulling your leg.:D