PDA

View Full Version : Garth Brooks - Dec. 21st - Early Christmas present to myself & boyfriend!

CountryWolf07
11-07-2010, 10:17 AM
So, I did it again! Actually, I didn't think I'd be able to get through. I was able to get tickets for the 5th show, out of 9 shows in Nashville, TN in December to see Garth Brooks & Trisha Yearwood! :) It happened SO insanely fast that I literally thought I'd never have a chance. He kept adding on show after show after it sold out within minutes. It was only $25 plus fees. So I only spent $69. Honestly, that's a great deal. AND I GOT AWESOME seats! I can't believe it either! I am so, so, so excited! I am taking Mike with me, and he's really looking forward to it. He's never been to Nashville and I can't wait to walk around and check out the city (mostly Broadway), maybe Country Hall of Fame.. we will see. I get to see my all-time favorite artist one more time! First time was in Nov. of 2007, in Kansas City. That is one experience I'll never forget and I am sure I won't forget this one for a long time, too!

Check out this article:

http://www.wral.com/entertainment/story/8582805/

"ASHVILLE, TENN. — Garth Brooks is going to be very busy in December.

Brooks sold more than 140,000 tickets Saturday morning, and his benefit concert for Nashville flood relief ballooned from one show to nine.

"It's great to be a part of the healing," Brooks said in a news release.

The release states that the day's sales set a record for tickets sold in Tennessee, besting a concert held by Michael Jackson at Neyland Stadium in Knoxville that drew more than 72,000 fans.

Brooks initially retired about a decade ago to spend more time with his family, but demand for the best-selling solo artist in U.S. history remains high. The 48-year-old musician came out of retirement late last year, announcing a series of shows at the Wynn Resort in Las Vegas that quickly sold out.

The benefit concerts are his only arena shows this year and will include his wife, Trisha Yearwood, his full band and unnamed guests.

He will play six shows in nine days from Dec. 16-22 with two shows on Dec. 16, 21 and 22. Tickets were $25 apiece, and he raised $3.5 million for The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee.

May's flood caused more than $2 billion in damage in Nashville alone, and 22 people were killed by flooding in middle and west Tennessee.

Nashville's music community was affected with the Grand Ole Opry house closed for five months, and thousands of instruments were destroyed when a popular storage and rehearsal space where artists like Brad Paisley and Keith Urban housed their gear was swamped.

There have been a series of benefit telethons and concerts since then hosted by country music stars like Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, and Vince Gill."

Moesha
11-16-2010, 08:35 PM
I have tickets also to the Monday show. I think that is the 20th.

caseysmom
11-16-2010, 09:41 PM
You two will have a great time!

CountryWolf07
11-17-2010, 09:09 AM
I have tickets also to the Monday show. I think that is the 20th.

Yay! That's cool. We are driving down on the 20th so we have a full day on Tuesday, then the show, then on Wed. morning, just check out Nashville before heading on home. Just a very short trip but it'll be worth it.

Roxyluvsme13
11-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Aww, have fun! I've lived in Tennessee my whole life and have only been to Nashville once, so I'm a bit jealous, even if it's only a short trip! :p