PDA

View Full Version : Zenyatta

lizbud
11-07-2010, 09:17 AM
I'm not of fan of horse racing but, I am officially a Zenyatta fan.:)

I believe she could have won this race like she won her last 19 races, if
only the rider had started her sprint to the finish earlier. She is a fantastic
horse & a true champion.:)

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-dwyre-breeders-cup-20101107,0,2058248,full.column

Bonny
11-07-2010, 09:27 AM
I saw a special about Zenyatta during the week. I wondered how she turned out. Nineteen races all wins under her hoofs is a record I bet that won't be broken for a long time. She has a really sweet personality too. She should of stuck her tongue out. Darn! She is still a winner in my book. ;)

gini
11-07-2010, 12:32 PM
It occurred to me that perhaps the jockey did her a great favor. The owners may be more inclined to retire her now that she has lost a race.

Don't you agree that she deserves to retire - or should they just run her to death?

I vote for retirement.

GoldenLover
11-07-2010, 01:10 PM
I agree- I was also rooting for her, and I've never been into horse racing.

Alysser
11-07-2010, 03:37 PM
There are some horses that win the heart of a country. Zenyatta is one of them. It's a bit of a rare occurrence. The last one was Barbaro. I would love to see another triple crown winner in my lifetime. We haven't seen that for 32 years.

lizbud
11-07-2010, 04:00 PM
It occurred to me that perhaps the jockey did her a great favor. The owners may be more inclined to retire her now that she has lost a race.

Don't you agree that she deserves to retire - or should they just run her to death?

I vote for retirement.

Gini, you know, that did occur to me. After first saying she would be
retired after this last race, I was reading where the owners might go on
to let her race again. When would it stop? When she became injured?:(

I'm all for a comfortable retirement for her, she deserves it.:)
Oh, did you know her owner gives her a bowl of Guinness after her workouts?:D

Bonny
11-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Zenyatta is suppose to retire after this race. She will be out to pasture & their plan was for her to have foals. I don't know if having foals would be considered retirement. That would be like me retiring at 65 & taking on another family. :eek: Only Zenyatta is still in her prime & maybe she would like having foals?