PDA

View Full Version : 9 Words Men Use

Catty1
11-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Please also see: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=164294

1. Fine: Depends heavily on the context. A 'fine' after asking, say, "How was work?", means "It was f***ed, I'm not interested in talking about it". Fine at the end of an argument, however, has the same connotations as when a woman would use it, but it is USUALLY SHOUTED LIKE THIS because us men have trouble using an inside voice when we're angry.

2. Five minutes: What is he doing? Videogames? Five minutes is about half an hour then, or until he finds the ever elusive 'next save point'. Getting ready for sex? Five minutes is two minutes. Preparing to leave? Five minutes means five minutes, and if you're not in the car in exactly five minutes you will find yourself under a veritable barrage of honking until you rectify the fact.

3. Nothing: Is largely a synonym for 'fine', though more resolute. A 'fine' can be challenged, a 'nothing' is completely off limits, and rather than signaling that an argument is forth coming, it should tell any man-savvy woman that whatever is wrong is not up for discussion with her, her mother, or anyone she is related to. Full stop. Period.

4.Go ahead: "I'm not interested in arguing with you anymore, do whatever the hell you want. See if I care!" Often accompanied by a #1.

5.Loud sigh: Sometimes with a curse, like 'J***s Ch***t' or 'F**king hell', this is a sign of frustration, and means, basically, "I so don't understand the issue here, what is she still pissed about? My conclusive rebuttals weren't enough for her?"

6.That's okay: This is a sign of disappointment. If a dude tells you 'that's okay' after you've just admitted something, it means his respect for you has taken a free fall and he's not sure what to say that won't insult you, despite his current feelings. If a guy is saying 'that's okay' a lot, you should examine your patterns and find out why.

7.Thanks: This depends largely on the context and intonation. Like eels and shotguns, 'thanks' is a slippery beast and by no means can be explained in one dot point. So I won't.

8. Whatever: "I'm over it. I'm not interested in arguing. I still think I'm right, but you know what? You don't, and I'm beyond caring. F**k you." That's what 'whatever' means.

9.Don't worry about it, I got it: This isn't often used by men, but when uttered it holds the same connotations as "Stop asking if I need help, I am a MAN, I am more than capable of handling this shit myself". Women often challenge this, which can result in a #4 #5 combo, or, worse, a #1 followed up by an #8.

Read more: http://www.funenclave.com/fun-stuff/9-words-men-use-20107.html#ixzz14SaGovwh

robinh
11-05-2010, 08:08 PM
:D I love it.

Catty1
11-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Words Men Use

* IT'S A GUY THING There is no rational pattern connected with it and you [woman] will have no chance at all of making sense of it.

* CAN I HELP WITH DINNER? This usually means what is taking you so long to make dinner…no I really do not want to help.

* "UH HUH", OR "SURE HONEY", OR "YES DEAR" This is a conditional response and means nothing. They are probably blanking out what you are saying – happens during sports on T.V.

* IT WOULD TAKE TOO LONG TO EXPLAIN This actually means they [men] have no idea how it works or how to fix something.

* TAKE A BREAK HONEY, YOU ARE WORKING TOO HARD This means that whatever she is doing he can not hear the game on T.V. [ie. Vacuuming]

* THAT'S INTERESTING DEAR This means are you still talking about that same thing. I’m really not interested.

* YOU KNOW HOW BAD MY MEMORY IS Means – I remember everything that interests me but I forgot your birthday or our anniversary.

* OH, DON'T FUSS, I JUST CUT MYSELF. IT'S NO BIG DEAL Really means – I have severed a limb and may bleed to death, but I am not hurt. I need to go to the hospital for stitches, but I am a man. OR I need you to help me now before I bleed to death before your eyes.

* HEY, I HAVE GOT MY REASONS FOR WHAT I AM DOING Really means – I will think of a reason really soon and then I will tell you.

* I CAN'T FIND IT I am clueless – nothing just fell into my open arms when I was standing there.

* WHAT DID I DO THIS TIME? Really means – what did you catch me doing now that I should not be doing?

* I HEARD YOU Means, I have not the foggiest idea what you are talking about or what you just said and I am having trouble faking it.

* YOU KNOW I COULD NEVER LOVE ANYONE ELSE Translated means - I am used to how you yell at me and I know it could be worse with someone else.

* YOU LOOK TERRIFIC Means – please do not try on another outfit, we have to go.

* I AM NOT LOST. I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE WE ARE Translated means – No one will ever see us again and I am too proud to ask for directions.

* WE SHARE THE HOUSEWORK Translated means – I make the mess and she cleans them up.

DJFyrewolf36
11-05-2010, 08:36 PM
In my house the meaning of "whatever" is universal! That definition is spot on :D