PDA

View Full Version : Need good wishes for Tama

neko1
11-05-2010, 05:03 AM
Hi all,
Sorry it's been so long since I've posted- I'm a lurker everyday!

I am taking Tama to the vet today because something's not right with him-he's not picking up his head- when he walks(which he isn't doing much of), he has his head down.

I was looking online and the only thing I could find is that it could be low potassium due to renal failure :( I can only hope it's something less serious :(

As of yesterday, he was still using the litterbox. He still is interested in food & water although he just won't eat or drink this morning.

I just a few good thoughts for him:(

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b39/neko_1/IMG_4339.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b39/neko_1/IMG_3632.jpg

Medusa
11-05-2010, 07:05 AM
Definitely prayers are going up for Tama. Keep the faythe.

phesina
11-05-2010, 08:18 AM
Prayers and good wishes for Tama.

Barbara
11-05-2010, 08:25 AM
I keep my fingers crossed for Tama.
And if it should be renal failure, don't despair- it may be kept at bay for years to come.
Filou was the best witness to that.
You may not have heard that another blue Aby entered Pet Talk: my boy Orion who will be 1 year old end November. He waves Hi to Tama and says that we Abys keep it going ;)

smokey the elder
11-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Head-hanging can also be from hyperthyroidism. There's a lady in my group whose cat does that.

Catty1
11-05-2010, 09:41 AM
Good luck, Tama! I am sure the whitecoats will find something treatable for you, handsome boy!:):love:

catmandu
11-05-2010, 09:43 AM
That is so sad and scary when one of Our Cat Companions shows signs of being ill.
We do not know whether it is a minor or major issue:confused:
We are praying that Tama is not ill, and that your White Coats can clear it up quickly:love::love::love:

cassiesmom
11-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Big prayers for handsome Tama and his Meowmie too!

krazyaboutkatz
11-05-2010, 11:33 AM
I'm sorry to hear this.:( Hopefully it's nothing serious and can be easily treated. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Cataholic
11-05-2010, 11:44 AM
I am so sorry to hear this, and hope whatever it is, it can be addressed satisfactorily!

lvpets2002
11-05-2010, 11:59 AM
:( So sorry Tama is not feeling good.. All Paws Crossed for A Good Vet Visit.. Sending Lots of Prayers & Huggss.. keep us posted ok

Laura's Babies
11-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Get better soon Tama. Let the white coats look at you and figure out what is going on and hopefully is will be a easy fix for you.

Keep us posted, update when back from the white coats!

neko1
11-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Thanks everyone-
his xrays look good

I won't have the results of the thyroid test until Monday.

He has a little infection so he's on antibiotics.
His allergies are really bad and the depo shots aren't working as well as they were before, so he's on prednisolone now too.

His immediate results showed his potassium was really low so he's also on RenaKare Gel.

He goes back in 2 weeks for a recheck of the bloodwork and hopefully his potassium levels will be back to normal and hopefully it hasn't damaged his kidneys...

He also lost a pound since last month- now down to 7.1lbs. A year ago he was 9lbs. Since he's so thin and doesn't eat much, he may need an appetite stimulant too, but since he's on so much medication now, we all thought it was best to wait on that....

His journey is far from over, poor thing....seeing him like this makes me cry:(

My cats are my life, my best friends, my heart, I hate seeing them in pain or uncomfortable in any way- it breaks my heart...and I don't want him to be mad at me for having to shove all these pills, liquids & gels down his throat day and night :(

Catty1
11-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Awww...{{{hugs}}}. My prayer is that there will be something in the thyroid so dear Tama will need just one med, and that you and he will be better and happier soon!:love:

Karen
11-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Awww - hey, the prednisone may work as an appetite stimulant anyway - the times I have been on it, it makes me ravenously hungry, which is odd, especially when I know there's no logical reason to be hungry 2 minutes after I eat, but my brain is crying FOOOOD!

Prayers that you handsome boy feels better soon.

Barbara
11-06-2010, 04:05 AM
I'm keeping my paws crosed for Tama. 7.1 lb- that's not much even for an Aby.
I hope that under the meds he gets back to normal soon.
Did the vet mention any dehydration? Normally all kidney levels improve immediately after Sub-q fluids.

cassiesmom
11-09-2010, 05:23 PM
neko1, how is Tama? Fingers and paws crossed, and prayers said.

neko1
11-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Thank you for asking- he is feeling much better! He's going back for a recheck on his bloodwork in a few weeks and I'm sure his potassium levels have gone back up. Hopefully this hasn't destroyed his kidneys...