PDA

View Full Version : Fostering again! :-)

Catty1
11-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Our local HS just sent out an urgent email - they are again overloaded with cats! I posted on my FB page and replied to the HS saying I was already an approved foster.

I got a phone call not 5 minutes later. A neighbour of mine who lives in my building works at the HS. So Zoe is being delivered to me! :D

http://www.cochranehumane.ca/images/Oct14Zoe4.jpg

Zoe came here with her kitten and now that her motherly duties are done, she is ready to go to her forever home. Zoe is a friendly girl who loves to cuddle. Being an older girl, she would prefer to be the only cat in the home. Zoe is affectionate and loves to purr. She is hoping to start her new life in a nice, warm, and quiet home soon.

She has been with other cats before...maybe my boys will warm up to this little girl kitty and she can frolic around with them.

Here I was not even motivated to do my dishes and seconds after this phone call I am on my hands and knees with a cleaning rag cleaning every corner of the bathroom floor!:rolleyes::D

Please welcome Zoe!
(will have new pics ASAP.)

cassiesmom
11-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Awwww! Welcome, beautiful Zoe! Paws and fingers crossed that you will have a happy stay with Catty1, Oscar and Cole and a loving, forever home!

Catty1
11-04-2010, 06:14 PM
She's HERE already! Explored her surroundings, and was rolling over and wanting tummy and head rubs right away. :)

When I brought the carrier into the front hall, both my boys were curious and sniffing - Zoe gave a few meows, and they were interested. No hissing.

When I last had the kittens here, Oscar would hiss once, a big hiss.

This time when Cole and Zoe met nose-to-nose at the bathroom door, it was ZOE that hissed!

I said to Cole, "Guess she told YOU." :)

Taz_Zoee
11-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Awww, she is beautiful!! And I happen to :love: her name. ;)
I hope the boys accept her and don't give her a hard time. :)

We posted at the same time. So glad to hear the initial intro went well. :D

Freedom
11-04-2010, 07:13 PM
:D :D :D

Hi Zoe!

I guess she did tell Cole! He he heeee. Setting the record straight right from the start. You go, Girl!

phesina
11-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Oh, what a beautiful little girl!

What a lucky kitty you are, Zoe.. you are in the most wonderful foster home you could ever find!

Catty1
11-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Oscar was doing the meatloaf position near the bathroom door, wide eyed. So I opened the door a few inches so they could meet. He sniffed her head a fair bit - I thought for a moment he was going to start grooming her! BUT - Miss Zoe hissed and added a paw swat (no claws) and Oscar jumped back!

I stroked him and said Zoe was new and a little spooked.

Here are pics from a couple of minutes ago - she was on my lap and squirming for head rubs! I'm surprised I got ANY in focus.

jennielynn1970
11-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Awe.. she's beautiful. Lovely marbling in her coat as well (or are they stripes?? It's hard to tell, but the marks are really clear.)

Scritchies going out to Ms. Fiesty Zoe!

phesina
11-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Oh, what a beautiful, sweet girl! And that look on her face.. I'm melting!

What happened to her right ear?

3Catcondo
11-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Candace,
she's beautiful. Love her markings. Like Phesina, I'm wondering what happened to her ear?

Freckles
11-04-2010, 08:19 PM
And also a tattoo in the right ear. That's typical up north, correct?

cassiesmom
11-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Dear sweet Zoe, deez kitteh boyz are not ebil. Please get along wiff dem, k? thx.

What a pretty, dainty girl! Why does she have a tattoo in her ear?

Craftlady
11-04-2010, 09:41 PM
She is beautiful.

Catty1
11-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Tattoos are the most common way for the HS to identify kitties. They are tattooed there if they do not yet have one. Of course, microchipping is done up here, but I don't know how well the networks are set up.

My pal at the HS figures she lost half her ear to frostbite. Otherwise, no one knows.

Queen of Poop
11-05-2010, 09:01 AM
Oh, she's a pretty little thing! Hopefully she will warm up to the boys.

GILL
11-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Oh so cute. all the luck for you and her.

krazyaboutkatz
11-05-2010, 11:40 AM
She's gorgeous and it sounds like she'll keep your boys in line.:) I hope she'll find just the purrfect loving forever home soon.:)

lvpets2002
11-05-2010, 12:09 PM
:love: Well you just answered my two questions.. Zoe your so stunning with Beauty.. I am sure you will get a great furrever home soon.. Congrats Candace on the great cheer you up present..

Tattoos are the most common way for the HS to identify kitties. They are tattooed there if they do not yet have one. Of course, microchipping is done up here, but I don't know how well the networks are set up.

My pal at the HS figures she lost half her ear to frostbite. Otherwise, no one knows.

Laura's Babies
11-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Awww! She looks lovely and sounds like the perfect companion. Hopefully the others will accept her and she can settle in without problems..

cassiesmom
11-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Catty1, how is Zoe doing? How is she getting along with Cole and Oscar?

(Is her name pronounced "zo", one syllable, or "zo-ee"?)

Catty1
11-08-2010, 10:27 PM
She's doing great! I had to be away from late Sunday afternoon to tonight about 8 pm, and my neighbour who works at the HS and 'delivered' Zoe to me looked in on her and my boys. Hopefully I can try another intro this week.. Zoe likes to door-dart - but one day Cole was crouched at the door, looking twice her size with all his fur. She didn't go past him!;)

Hoping to give them some time together this week! I'll try for more pics soon.
Meanwhile...I have highway brain...gonna go rest!