PDA

View Full Version : Sort of a Rant..College apps

Alysser
11-02-2010, 08:46 PM
I absolutely cannot stand anymore college applications. D:< They take forever and it's all I've been doing for the last week and a half. I am trying to get all of them done by December so I don't have to worry about them :rolleyes: I'm nervous about getting into my First Choice :eek: Argggh stress, I feel like Senior year shouldn't be this stressful. I also have been applying for jobs at local pet places because I am not going back to Six flags for a number of reasons. If I ever hear the word "apply" again I will punch myself. :p I have been having ALOT of fun this year though and it's by far my favorite year of high school. Everything just seems so chill and fun now, minus the college apps part. :rolleyes:

Sorry for the pointless thread, but I wanted to rant to you guys cause I know you will listen lol

caseysmom
11-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Yep we went through all that last year. The UC's here announce the subject for the exam in November, do you have something like that? Try doing all that and getting a congressional nomination and passing a physical and breathing test:eek:

Roxyluvsme13
11-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Oh, college applications. Ugh. I only had to fill out 2, one of them I BS-ed and still got accepted and the other one I worked really hard on because I really wanted to get into the school (that one was UT, and here I am ;)).

I think people overstress about them. Just be honest, and if you have good grades, good ACT/SAT score, then you should be fine. Don't worry about it too much (And that's waaay easier said than done. Waiting on the application decision is super stressful, too.)

Just try not to let it get to you too much, just get them over with and hope for the best :D.

Don't forget to fill out lots of financial aid stuff, too. It helps! :)

happylabs
11-03-2010, 03:28 PM
If you think that is a pain, wait until you have to fill out forms to get financial aid. Maybe you won't/don't need it. My daughter and I needed it. You have to give them your life history.

However, after saying that, you will be happy you went to college.

My son is graduated out of college for almost 2 years now, settled down, has a nice job and is getting married next fall. What more could a mom want for their child/children?

Good Luck!

Karen
11-03-2010, 08:33 PM
As you may know, this, too, shall pass. Just do you best, and trust that what will be, will be!

You think essays are stressful - try applying to art school! You have to send a portfolio in some form, all your best work, properly photographed or reproduced somehow - it feels like sending a beloved child off to the great unknown! Nearly every person I went to college with was the best artists at their school - but we were all competing with the best artists from every school - a completely unknown factor!

dab_20
11-03-2010, 11:39 PM
I really don't know how you feel... I just planned on going to a community college to start out with and although I applied I knew I would get in! But have been stressing with getting into the VERY competitive nursing program I want to get into, so I'm with ya there!

Don't worry about it too much. I'm sure you'll get in! :D And it's smart to have lots of choices as well. Good luck to you, enjoy your senior year!