PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thoughts For My Mom Today

Anikaca77
11-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Hi All-

My mom is at the hospital now, and in 1 hour she will go under for a total knee replacement on her right knee.

Please think happy thoughts for her please that everything will go well. My sister and dad are with her and I'm here 3 hours away but I took her out last night for some Cold Stone Ice Cream...oh that was yummy!

Also, if you could think happy thoughts for my one girl cat who is at the vets..that would be wonderful! I posted about Nina in the cat general section.

My mom will have to have her left knee replaced after her right one is healed.

Thanks!
Melissa

Laura's Babies
11-02-2010, 09:48 AM
Ooooo! I just think that knee replacement has to hurt like the dickens... Good luck and happy thoughts for your Mom!

I had a suggestion for you about the kitty, check it out... It could be way off or already tried but it could also be something the vet hasn't thought of...

Randi
11-02-2010, 10:33 AM
I'm sending good thoughts for your mom, Melissa and hope it goes well! :)

Freedom
11-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Prayers for your mom!

I am facing double knee replacements in a few years, my surgeon has told me. I do know it is important to do all the physical therapy afterwards.

lvpets2002
11-02-2010, 11:56 AM
:) Sending Healing Thoughts & Prayers for your Mom.. Keep us posted ok..

Anikaca77
11-02-2010, 12:22 PM
My mom made it through surgery :)!

She will be in recovery for about 2 hours they said.

Hopefully things go well from here.

Melissa

Karen
11-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Happy thoughts for a careful and good recovery for you mom. Of everyone I know who has had knee replacement has wished they had even done it sooner, except for one friend, and I believe there's a medical malpractice suit in the works in his case, as the doctor just screwed up, and it took months until he finally went to see a different doctor to discover it!

Randi
11-02-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm glad to hear it. :) How long will she be there for? Are you going to visit, or is it too far away? Perhaps you can ring her. :)

Anikaca77
11-02-2010, 02:20 PM
I'm glad to hear it. :) How long will she be there for? Are you going to visit, or is it too far away? Perhaps you can ring her. :)

Well I just called them to check up on my mom and they said she is still in recovery.....I'm semi-shocked by that but hopefully things are going ok.

I know she gets sick sometimes from the anestia but hopefully that's not the case. I'm going to see her on Friday, I was scheduled off today but my dad and sister were going so I thought it would be best if I worked especially with Nina I wanted to be here. She is about 3 hours from me now. My mom and I are pretty close. I will be calling her later tonight as well as calling the rest of the family to let them know how she is doing and all that good stuff.

I realized Randi that I think you were asking me how long she will be in the hospital for? That we are unsure of at the moment, the doctor told us about 3 days she will be in the hospital and then 1 week in rehab. Hopefully there are no complications and she will be out in 3 days and then to rehab.

momcat
11-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Many prayers are being prayed for your Mom. Please let us know how she's doing and give her a big friendly hi from me?

phesina
11-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Prayers and happy thoughts for your mom!

jennielynn1970
11-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Hope your mom recovers quickly and easily. My dad just had both of his knees replaced at the same time a few months back(before he was hit by the car), and he did extremely well. It took a lot of therapy hours, but it paid off in the end!

It's different for everyone, but I hope your mom does really well!!

Lillycat
11-02-2010, 07:24 PM
for your Mom and for your kitty also.....thinking of you too!

Bonny
11-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Good thoughts & prayers sent your moms way for a quick recovery.

K9karen
11-02-2010, 08:08 PM
I guess your mom is out of recovery and loving the morphine drip by now. I hope she didn't get ill from the anesthsia (I hate that word I can never spell it :rolleyes::o)

I'm due for 2 lovely hip replacements. I have a few friends who've had knee replacements. They say it's a rough battle, worse than the hips, BUT if you do everything the therapists say, obey all the rules, grit your teeth, you'll be skateboarding before ya know it.

I hope your mom has a quick and easy recovery!!! I don't think moms should be allowed to get sick! ;)

Anikaca77
11-03-2010, 07:53 AM
I called my mom last night and she had a private room and she said she would have waited another 6 hours to get a private room...

She was in the private room from 7:15 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. and then they moved her to another room where she has a buddy but she said she is nice so that's good.

They said they expect her to be in the hospital till Friday.

Thank you all for the well wishes for her.

Melissa

lvpets2002
11-03-2010, 04:45 PM
:) Well I am so glad your Mom is doing very good.. Heal real soon Mom.. Prayers & Huggss

momcat
11-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Hi Melissa,
How's Mom feeling today?

PS: Hi, Mom! :love:

krazyaboutkatz
11-04-2010, 12:16 AM
I hope that your mom's recovery goes smoothly. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts ar being sent her way.

Anikaca77
11-04-2010, 09:22 AM
I called my mom yesterday morning to see how she was doing and the nerve block was still in her leg so she wasn't feeling very much pain. Later that morning though the nerve block wore off. They were giving her some pain killers but they were not helping too much. She wasn't able to walk to the bathroom yesterday because of the pain being so bad so they gave her a potty chair to use beside her bed.

The nurse counted about 40 staples in her leg and said there must be at least 80 or so. I couldn't believe that...it might be a big cut on her leg.

I called my mom last night to see how she was doing and she was saying that it doesn't hurt too much just lying there but getting up to go to the potty chair really hurts she said. I'm hoping they will give her some stronger pain meds today to help her so she can maybe walk some more.

The one doctor told her if she can't walk too far by Friday she probably won't be released from the hospital.

So we'll see. I'm going to try to call her at lunch time or text my sister around 11:30 a.m. to see how she's doing.

My mom also said that her leg is really swollen right now and she said that she read in a pathlet that they gave her that the swelling could be there for 6 months.

I'm hoping she will get released from the hospital tomorrow but time will tell.

Thank you all for the well wishes!

Melissa

Laura's Babies
11-04-2010, 10:27 AM
Sounds like things are going good for her, lets hope it is only forward from here on out and she is up skate boarding before you know it! LOL!

momcat
11-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Hi Melissa,
How is Mom doing? I trust all is well and she's recovering comfortably. Please give her a big "hi" from me?

mrspunkysmom
11-12-2010, 07:25 PM
I hope your mom is feeling better soon.