PDA

View Full Version : Trick or Treaters: More or Less this year?

Freedom
10-31-2010, 08:13 PM
I had substantially fewer this year.

Each year I get 72 - 75 items; this year it was Halloween zipper pulls. I never give out candy.

Normally, I have to put the light out after an hour and a half, I have run out of items. I will glance out the window, and see the street is still busy with children going door to door.

This year, I waited 2.5 hours and put the light out; I have 11 items left. Wonder if it is the cold weather?

I just LOVE seeing the little kids, lol!

Karen
10-31-2010, 08:42 PM
We had more this year, 41! That's up from prior years, it has been growing every year as the neighborhood population changes, we've had more families moving in, hence more kids!

Taz_Zoee
10-31-2010, 09:03 PM
Its 7pm here and we've had three little girls so far. We never have too many anyway.

Grace
10-31-2010, 09:11 PM
The same as the past 20 years - none.

We live on a dead-end, dirt, private road. No one ever comes down here :)

Roxyluvsme13
10-31-2010, 09:15 PM
We had more this year than we've ever had... a grand total of 8, LOL.

krazyaboutkatz
10-31-2010, 09:20 PM
It's been the same. A big zero. I never get anyone because I live in a security building with very few children. Around here many children don't go door to door unless they know you. They go to malls or parties to get their Halloween candy. Even in my parents neighborhood there have been fewer children each year.

CountryWolf07
10-31-2010, 09:47 PM
Only had 4-5 kids, that's it. It got less this year.

K9karen
10-31-2010, 10:45 PM
Well, my block rarely gets kids. So my brother took his grandkids out (they live in another township) and I tagged along to stay with my niece and friend. Wow! They had about 50 kids, but they said that was nothing! My niece decorates her house, moving eyes in the hedges, cobwebs, mechanical mummies..all out. It's great. She was disappointed. So I guess either kids are getting too old to go out (who's too old for candy? If I could walk better, I'd go out :rolleyes:) or neighborhoods are changing. Kinda sad. When I was a kid, (a long time ago people) we stayed out for hours without fear, had to go home to drop bags off and go out again. Candied apples, anything..all eatable, no razor blades..geez.

Tonight, when her kids came home, they gave me what they didn't want, so I ended up with lots of yummy stuff!!! All the gooey stuff so I have to triple brush my teeth (I have Invisaline braces) but I don't care. I LOVE "Dots" and "10000 Bars".

Ah!!! The good "ole days!

Medusa
11-01-2010, 06:31 AM
I never know how to gauge it. Some years I run out of candy; some years I have left over candy. This year I have a whole bag of candy bars left over. My handy man loves chocolate so it's going to him.

sparks19
11-01-2010, 11:20 AM
we got tons of kids. Dont know how many exactly but we only had about 10 pieces of candy left and we had 4 bags of candy.

lvpets2002
11-01-2010, 11:43 AM
:) The years I did the door thing was always busy with kids & always run out of candy.. I dont open the door anymore due to the babies.. It just sends them into frighting moods so bad with the door bell & the kids screaming.. So we leave the door closed & lights off.. Now I will admit the kids started coming out last night by 5:30 pm.. Also I cannot stand all of the older kids & adults that come out wanting candy now.. :rolleyes: