PDA

View Full Version : How do you read the Sunday Paper?

Freedom
10-31-2010, 08:23 AM
I have to be sure to get the Sunday paper before Dad, as he will have it strewn all about the house in no time! I have a method to this pile of paper:
1. Get my first cup of coffee, and Separate the paper into 4 piles.

A. Comics and Parade Magazine
B. the "news" part of the paper. The sections in our paper are all interspersed with sale ads, so I gather them together and put them in order.
C. Trash pile: to include the Sports section (we have no interest in sports in this house, never have!), sales flyers for clothes, toys, pools, etc.
D. Sales flyers I WANT to read: the 3 local pharmacies, Target (they have good sales on the cat litter I use, so I check weekly), Best Buy, Staples, Home Depot, and the 2 coupon sections.

2. FINALLY, I am ready to start reading the durn thing! LOL I read the comics and Parade first, so I can pass them to Dad. Once he is done, they get added to the trash pile which is ready to go OUT!

3. Coupon sections, pull out the ones I need, add them to the trash pile (I get through them before Dad is finished w/ the comics and Parade).

4. Get the second cup of coffee, and settle in to read the "news" part of the paper.

5. Last, and usually later in the day, I browse the few flyers I kept, and make a list of anything I want to pick up that week. Then, out they go as well.

So how do YOU read the Sunday paper?

Marigold2
10-31-2010, 08:33 AM
Yes I always read it with a cup or two of coffee. Love the Sunday paper.

aTailOf2Kitties
10-31-2010, 08:33 AM
I make 3 piles:
stuff I wanna look at (comics, parade, and coupons)
rest of the actual newspaper material (I give to a coworker for her puppies)
glossy paper sale ads (garbage)

I always look at the coupons first, then set aside the booklet for another coworker. Then I glance through Parade. Comics are set aside for whenever I get a chance to read them.

Bonny
10-31-2010, 08:41 AM
I walk up the hill to the mailbox & bring the paper in. Hubby sorts out sales ads. He puts the tv guide, coupon selections, & usa weekend over where I sit at the kitchen table. I clip coupons, mark up the tv guide if anything special is on during the week, read usa weekend. Put the ads in the recycle box. Hubby reads the whole paper. We have a few cups of decaff coffee in the process. :D

Catlady711
10-31-2010, 03:43 PM
I don't get the newspaper anymore. $2 for alot of paper I have to take care of to read alot of things that depress and anger me just isn't worth it.:(

Casper
10-31-2010, 03:52 PM
Mum hands me the comics and the rest of the paper magically disappears into oblivion. :)

Grace
10-31-2010, 04:43 PM
He brings it in; I separate.

His pile - ads for Best Buy, Target and Sears.

I take the rest of it, and after throwing out all the junk ads, I read it from front to back. PARADE and the TV section I save for last. No coffee - neither of us drink it.

My favorite section is Sports - just wish it were larger.

lizbud
10-31-2010, 05:50 PM
I don't get the paper delivered anymore, so, no Sunday paper. I do buy
the paper a few days a week & the first thing I read is always the comics.:)
It's the best part of the paper most days. They have a section called "Let
It Out" included in the comics section where people can send in their comments
on just about any subject. It's always interesting.:)

After the funnies, I read the Editorial page & all the opinion pieces, then
I read just the news, local & world.

cassiesmom
10-31-2010, 06:47 PM
with a cat in very close proximity if not right on the page I'm trying to read :rolleyes:

Freedom
10-31-2010, 07:43 PM
with a cat in very close proximity if not right on the page I'm trying to read :rolleyes:

He he, Oh yes, I did forget to mention Tommy helps me through the entire process. Good thing he is a BLACK cat; he WOULD be black once he is done sprawling on each and every page!

Taz_Zoee
10-31-2010, 07:46 PM
No paper here. We get our news from the TV or the internet. Most things I hear about here on Pet Talk! :)

K9karen
11-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Well, recently the Sunday paper comes in 2 parts. The comics, ads, Home, Entertainment section on Saturday (along with the regular Saturday paper) I devour the comics and Parade, sort through coupons and glance through the home and entertainment. Then trash all. Sunday morning, the rest of the paper comes. I read it all except the sports, which my brother grabs first anyway. I love the daily paper. The first thing I do is read the comics,do the crossword puzzle and sudoku over coffee. It wakes up my brain for the day.

Freedom
11-02-2010, 09:00 AM
With 5 dogs, 10 cats and Dad, I leave the cross word for later in the day. I look forward to it! It is part of my built in "down time," lol.

K9karen
11-02-2010, 08:11 PM
With 5 dogs, 10 cats and Dad, I leave the cross word for later in the day. I look forward to it! It is part of my built in "down time," lol.

Sometimes I hold off the crossword and/or sudoku until I'm soaking in a nice hot bath. My time! Hope you get your share! :love::love:

Seravieve
11-04-2010, 07:57 AM
We get the Sunday paper solely for the coupon inserts (as we're BIG couponers! ;) ) I also pull out the Walgreens and Target Ads, as that's where I coupon... The rest goes in the RECYCLING.