PDA

View Full Version : Today is National Chocolate Day!

Freedom
10-28-2010, 10:15 AM
How are YOU celebrating? LOL

Yum, I love all kinds of chocolate, but especially dark chocolate.

Randi
10-28-2010, 10:22 AM
Darn, I don't have any... well, except some I'm going to use for chocolade truffles, but I can't be bothered to make them today.

I too love dark chocolade, like Valrhona: http://www.valrhona.com/us#/actualites

But Ritter Sport's dark blue is good, too. :p

Laura's Babies
10-28-2010, 11:13 AM
I will sure celebrate by eating as much chocolate as I can!!

Catherinedana
10-28-2010, 11:17 AM
How cool! Now I don't have to feel guilty about those four pieces of dove chocolate with Peanut Butter in them that I just ate about a minute ago. In fact, I'll celebrate and eat two more! :eek:

Freedom
10-28-2010, 12:13 PM
Mmmm, Ritter Sport bars!

Dark blue, that is the Nugat. I haven't tried that, I don't think!

Love the Red one, Marzipan!

http://www.ritter-sport.us/#/en_US/mini/products/

I first had Ritter bars when I toured Europe, 1990. I brought home as many as I could, ha haaa!

Two years back, Target started to stock them! They are pricey, but those red ones, awesome!

Had not heard of Valrhona, thanks for including the link!

CatherineDana, how funny you are, ha haa

Taz_Zoee
10-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Well, we've made it National Chocolate MONTH here at my office. We've had a large basket of candies and it keeps getting refilled when it gets low. :D :D

cassiesmom
10-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Well... it's chilly and windy in Chicago today so I think cocoa would be a good way to celebrate.

Killearn Kitties
10-28-2010, 12:30 PM
I am SO glad you told me! I have some wonderful dark chocolates with quite tart fruity centres. The Scottish Berries ones on this link Brodies Chocolates (http://www.brodies1867.co.uk/handmade_chocolates.htm)

I don't think they are going to last ...

Randi
10-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Freedom, that's right the Ritter Sport that's my favoririte is Nougat - the dark blue. Try that, I'm sure you'll love it!

KK, The Brodies look so yummy! Speaking of English chocolades... there is this shop in Oxford where John's niece and I went in - it's called Thorntons. She simply had to get a few of her favourites there, and I found some there I could not resist. ;)

Another yummy one I tried for the fírst time recently is Lindt's "Lindor Balls" - the dark one!

CountryWolf07
10-28-2010, 01:27 PM
I'll celebrate by getting a grande Mocha from Starbucks later in a bit after I get off work, so I can enjoy that while finishing up my drawing of Dozer for Mike. (Birthday present next month).. :)

smokey the elder
10-29-2010, 12:40 PM
Eating chocolate frogs from Wizarding World in Orlando, also minty chocolate toads...yum!:D

Karen
10-29-2010, 01:12 PM
Yesterday, not knowing it was even National Chocolate Day, Paul brought me home a bag of Hershey's kisses, knowing that it is something safe for me to eat! Good choice!

chocolatepuppy
10-29-2010, 01:20 PM
Darn, I missed this. I did however eat chocolate.;) Not a day goes by without it!.:o