PDA

View Full Version : I got a boo boo... :-(

happylabs
10-27-2010, 09:08 PM
Was walking the office mail over to the corner mailbox this afternoon. Coming back I stepped off of the curb into a grate that was covered with leaves. I twisted my right ankle and went down on my left knee. :(

I hate when something like this happens in public. I got up as fast as I could and got back inside the building. So embarrassed.

However, my knee is skinned and my ankle is swollen. I feel like a little kid with a boo boo. Have been putting ice on the ankle off and on tonight. Hoping it is not swollen tomorrow because I hate missing work.

Catty1
10-27-2010, 10:06 PM
OWW. I hope you do feel better soon. You may need to spend a day with your leg up and more ice...you might miss even more work if you push it. Prayers for healing.:):love:

chocolatepuppy
10-28-2010, 04:57 AM
Ouch! I hope your ankle feels better soon.

happylabs
10-28-2010, 05:41 AM
OWW. I hope you do feel better soon. You may need to spend a day with your leg up and more ice...you might miss even more work if you push it. Prayers for healing.:):love:

Yes...I am really mad! I figured I could hobble in to work today but once I got up the ankle swelled right back up! Hate missing work. Too much to do. :mad:

sana
10-28-2010, 06:19 AM
happylabs I know exactly how you feel, all you need is ice and A LOT of rest because I learned my lesson, I didn't give my foot it too much rest and it had a sprain for like two weeks! :eek: I hated it, Thank God its fine now. And loads of buckets of prayers and good thoughts for you. :) Hope you feel better swiftly :love:.

wombat2u2004
10-28-2010, 08:06 AM
Yeah, you have to rest up some.
Any chance of getting to work and resting your foot there ??? Or do you have a job where you are on your feet all the time ???

Laura's Babies
10-28-2010, 08:15 AM
Hope it heals soon and stops bothering you..

I am SO gald to see somebody else that hates to miss work! I thought I was the only odd ball in the world that hated missing work. I have worked sick as a dog, in pain, with stitches in my hand.. I have missed more work since I have been on the river simply because of how strict they are because it is a boat. I know my ENT is tired of hearing me say " I WANT TO GO BACK TO WORK .....NOW!" (He has been hearing that since July!!)

jennielynn1970
10-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Hope you feel better soon!!

happylabs
10-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Good news! Went to the doc, not broken, not shattered, just bruised and sprained a bit. The ankle has turned a very pretty bluish purple color. I have nothing to wear that matches it! Went to the doc and they were great, x-ray, ultrasound and some other kind of vibration treatment. Taking it easy tonight and hoping to go to work tomorrow.

Thanks for all your well wishes! :love: :) :love:

wanwan1007
10-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Glad to hear a good report. Wishing you a speedy as possible recovery. Feel better and take care of yourself.

Marigold2
10-31-2010, 08:45 AM
Hope it feels better soon, tis a good color for Halloween however.

Medusa
10-31-2010, 10:29 AM
Ouch! I'm glad that it's nothing too serious, although you'll probably be sore for a while. A good excuse to prop up your feet and relax. :)

jennielynn1970
10-31-2010, 02:24 PM
Glad it's nothing serious!! Hope you are feeling better soon!