PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Snoopy

Craftlady
10-27-2010, 08:33 PM
My gottcha day was October 11th, I'd been in our local shelter for 2 months. :( Snoopy is 1 year old mixed beagle. Sweetest guy you ever could meet. Everyone gets along so well. Coco loves having a buddy to play with and Snoopy is happy to be his friend.

He is crated when we leave the house. Nighttime crating hasnt worked out guess who is sleeping in bed with us? :) Couple cats too!

A few potty problems in house but nothing we cant correct, after all for 2 months he went whenever :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Craftlady/Snoopy/snoopycoco.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Craftlady/Snoopy/snoopy5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Craftlady/Snoopy/2010-10-13135008.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Craftlady/Snoopy/snoopycoco1.jpg

MonicanHonda
10-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Aww :) Hello cutie!!!

chocolatepuppy
10-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Welcome Snoopy! You're too cute! I'm sure Coco is happy to have a new friend!:D

k9krazee
10-27-2010, 10:40 PM
He's adorable and looks all Beagle to me! He looks like a sweetie! :D

Taz_Zoee
10-27-2010, 11:17 PM
Welcome home Snoopy!! He is adorable! That's great that everyone gets along so well. :D :D

Roxyluvsme13
10-28-2010, 12:12 AM
Nice to meet you, Snoopy! He's a cutie :).

Karen
10-28-2010, 12:56 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Snoopy - you landed yourself a good home!

Freedom
10-28-2010, 07:31 AM
Hey Snoopy, you hit the jackpot, a PT home!

What makes you think he is a beagle "mix?" I agree with someone else, looks all beagle to me!

Glad to hear Coco is happy with his new roomie.

Craftlady
10-28-2010, 08:05 AM
He is not pure bread beagle, we think there is some bassett in him (long body, floppy ears) and the spots on his legs are under body are limited. Groomer said by those markings Or lack of he has mix of another beagle type in him.

Craftlady
10-28-2010, 08:06 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Snoopy - you landed yourself a good home!

We agree! He is crated when we arent home. He HATES crate at night. Guess who is sleeping with us in bed???? plus a couple cats :)

Laura's Babies
10-28-2010, 11:10 AM
Beagle's make the BEST pets if you can keep them out of the woods and from hunting! They are smart and so loving and I just admire their long velvety ears!

My friend had someone give her son one years ago for a pet and they couldn't keep her out of the woods or from hunting all day long. She was the most lovable dog I ever met and she was SO smart!! (She just loved hunting to much....and she was never trained to hunt! LOL!)

krazyaboutkatz
10-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Congrats!!!:D Snoopy is adorable. Coco sure has grown and looks huge next to him. I'm glad that Coco now has a dog buddy to play with. I bet your cats like it too.:)

cassiesmom
10-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Snoopy, you are so adorable! Welcome to PT!

Craftlady
10-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Beagle's make the BEST pets if you can keep them out of the woods and from hunting! They are smart and so loving and I just admire their long velvety ears!

My friend had someone give her son one years ago for a pet and they couldn't keep her out of the woods or from hunting all day long. She was the most lovable dog I ever met and she was SO smart!! (She just loved hunting to much....and she was never trained to hunt! LOL!)

The reason he was at shelter (surrendered) was he wasnt a hunting dog but a lover and great house dog.

luvofallhorses
10-28-2010, 03:02 PM
What a doll Snoopy is! We had a basset/beagle mix (RIP) and he looks like Snoopy except he was all brown and some white. How is he with the cats? Enjoy him. :D

Craftlady
10-28-2010, 03:50 PM
What a doll Snoopy is! We had a basset/beagle mix (RIP) and he looks like Snoopy except he was all brown and some white. How is he with the cats? Enjoy him. :D

He gets along with cats. :)

luvofallhorses
10-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Very good to know. :)

wanwan1007
10-28-2010, 07:30 PM
Awwwwww Snoopy is so cute. I look forward to seeing more of him.

Ginger's Mom
10-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Aww, looks like Snoopy made himself at home very quickly. He must know he landed in a Pet Talk home. ;)

K9karen
10-28-2010, 09:44 PM
All these new PT furry members! *Waves* Hi Snoopy! You sure lucked out!

boomersooner
10-30-2010, 10:31 AM
Snoopy is a beautiful and lucky little pup!!

Craftlady
10-30-2010, 08:02 PM
We took Snoopy for a ride today up to PetSmart. He did great 25 min ride. I've taken him to Tractor Supply and they love him there (give him treats at the check out) and Coco has a blast there too. Back to PetSmart adventure :rolleyes: tooooooooooooo much stimulation with all the dogs around he went into FULL barking mode.

We hurried best we could to get all we needed and get the heck out of there.:o
Snoopy did quiet down long enough for one of the sales guy to help us fit him with a harness. He was using Coco's and that's a pain because you have to keep adjusting it for each animal when they used it.

I took Snoopy out to the car while hubby checked out.

He was exhausted and slept most way home. Little bugger

krazyaboutkatz
10-30-2010, 08:13 PM
I grew up with a Beagle/Schnauzer mix and I remember the Beagle bark very well.:) Hopefully you'll be able to teach him how to tone it down some. Good luck.:)