PDA

View Full Version : New Crate

Cookiebaker
10-27-2002, 06:59 PM
We just got Malone a new crate tonight & it is HUGE! Mark & I & Malone all fit in there quity comfy...umm well maybe a little cramped with all of us. He is really excited about it, and keeps running in there. We got a pad jigger for the bottom of it, and guess what? He tries to chew it up first thing. So I don't think that I can trust him in there with it when he will be unsupervised. It was $40 :eek: so I think I will take it back.

Please wish me luck because I start my new job tomorrow. :eek: I'm a bit nervous...kind of like first day of school jitters. I really hope Malone will be OK by himself, but I'm really scared that he will be anxious. We got a whole bunch of chewies tonight (cow hooves, pig ears etc.) and I am planning on freezing his lunch in his kong, so that he will have to work to get it out. I'm also a little sad that I won't have nearly as much time reading pettalk as there will be so much to be crammed into the few awake hours that I will have at home. But I promise that I will never leave for more than 1 day at a time. :D But we really could use the extra $ right now, and it will get me out of the house. :rolleyes: :D

aly
10-27-2002, 07:09 PM
Best of luck in starting your new job. I know you'll be nervous leaving Malone but try to act like its not a big deal in front of him so he won't freak out too. If Malone does get anxious about it, just tell him mommy's bringing home the bacon so he can get spoiled even more :D

Good luck and let us know how your first day went!!

tatsxxx11
10-27-2002, 07:10 PM
A new crate!!:) Malone seems to be very excited about his new "room!":D I understand completely your nervousness. But, I think Malone will do just fine in his house with his toys and kong! We'll miss you not being here as much, but family concerns come first. But please check in when you can and keep those beautiful pics of Malone coming!! We'll be thinking of you tomorrow! Good luck Mom and Malone...Be good!:D Sandra, Cody and Star!

anna_66
10-27-2002, 07:10 PM
Good luck on your new job & with leaving Malone alone for the 1st time! I'm sure everything will be just fine, so don't worry;)

Tucker216
10-27-2002, 07:55 PM
Congratulations on your new job ! ! ! !

I know it will be hard to leave Malone at home those first few days... Lordy the tears I cried on my way to work lol.. but Malone will be just fine and will be be so Happy to see you when you get home ! ! ! When you first let him out make sure you have yourself braced against something or he will knock ya down lol Tucker does it everyday !
From the way you talked about his crate , it sounds like you got him one like we got Tucker.. it is made for Great Danes and Tucker has lots of room to move around! We went through a lot of pillows and stuff like that and he just chewed them all up so right now all he has is a towel but winter is coming and I have found one that is SUPPOSED to be chew proof ! Ill let ya know.
The Web site it is on is....

DrsFosteerSmith.com (http://DrsFosterSmith.com)

Good Luck tomorrow and dont forget about all of us here Missing you and Malone ! ! Hugz Jessica & Tucker !

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid34/pd8b3729eb9934d2cd2141350ddd68b12/fd315137.jpg

Cookiebaker
10-27-2002, 08:02 PM
Aww thanks everybody for all of your kind words, and I really mean it that I feel quite a bit better (for now anyway) about leaving him alone tomorrow. I definitely will keep you posted as to how it goes.

That is SO funny, the Moose Lodge. :D Actually that is the kind of crate I really wanted to get, but we can't find it around here. We can get that kind in a medium size (which is what we already have), but this one is the wire mesh kind. I don't have time tonight to take pictures & post them, but maybe tomorrow after *yikes* work.

(That *yikes* is because that will mean my first day will be over already *yikes*!)

Tucker216
10-27-2002, 08:24 PM
We got the " MOOSE LODGE" at PetSmart I think it cost us $ 170.00 and it has been worth every penny lol I dont think the house would have made it through another day of Tucker having free run of it lol

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid37/p912697b5a555ffb17230283c0436fd7a/fd1d7ba6.jpg

trisha0503
10-27-2002, 10:19 PM
Best of luck on your new job! :) Malone will definitely miss his Mom :( :( But don't worry, he'll be fine ;) I'm excited to see his pictures inside his new HUGE :eek: crate :D :D

Cookiebaker
10-28-2002, 06:53 PM
Well good & bad news to report...

My job is really fun, the people there are so sweet & fun to work with, the environment is great. I have a lot to learn, but I guess you could say that that goes along with a new job!!

Mark was home most of the day, but had to leave around 3:00. We both got home at the same time (5:30) and Malone was barking & howling his head off. :( We could hear him as soon as we pulled in the driveway. I think part of it is that Mark left the cat in the kitchen with Malone. :eek: No wonder he was antsy!! But that was less than 3 hours & he was anxious. *sigh*. Tomorrow he will be alone for 8, and I can just imagine what he will be like. Help! Anyway, when we got home, we both came upstairs for 10-15 minutes & left him in the crate. Then I went to make dinner & basically ignored him for 10 more minutes. I made sure he was completely calmed down before I paid him any attention.

Oh, and guess what?? After we let him out, the door to the crate was open. And guess where he chose to be? Inside the crate. Silly ol' pooch!! So I am hoping that the potential is still there that he will learn to be calm during the day.

Tucker216
10-28-2002, 07:19 PM
I am so glad to hear your first day at work went well ! ! It sounds like you are going to fit in well there ! As for Malone .. it sounds like he did really good lol even though ya might not think so coming home to him being like that but Tucker was the same way ! ! OMG when we would leave him I could hear him barking while I was in my truck with the windows up and the motor running and I felt soooo bad but now in the mornings he just goes into his crate and lays down lol
So dont worry Malone will adjust just fine just like Tucker did and when that first paycheck comes in and Malone starts getting all those new toys he wont be barking any more lol lots of love and hugz Jessica and Tucker the Moose with the Moose Lodge lol

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid37/p912697b5a555ffb17230283c0436fd7a/fd1d7ba6.jpg

anna_66
10-28-2002, 09:46 PM
Glad to hear your first day at work went well:D

I'm sure if Malone was going in his crate of his own free will, he will most likely calm down, maybe not right away, but I'm sure he will:) Be a good boy Malone & don't make your mommy worry!
Lots of hugs & slurps
Anna, Angus, Roxey & Huney