PDA

View Full Version : The official World Series Thread!

DJFyrewolf36
10-27-2010, 05:06 PM
I know we have a baseball thread for 2010 but I thought the Series deserved its own space.

Maybe I'm influenced by the fact that I am a die hard Giants fan...:rolleyes::D

Texas and San Fran...two teams that haven't had a lot of post season exposure relatively speaking. I think this is the first time Texas has ever gone to the big Series. I am rooting for a good, clean series and may the better team take the trophy!

Who's watching? Comments, smack talk, tears? Post em here!

I :love:Baseball!

Taz_Zoee
10-27-2010, 06:12 PM
I am not a huge baseball fan. But since the Giants are sort of my hometeam (they are only an hour from me) and they made it to the last playoff game, we have been watching. Also, so many people I work with are fans and talk about it all the time. So I will be watching as much of each game as possible. :D
I also don't mind either team winning (but will be hoping for the Giants). I was very happy to see the Rangers beat the Yankees. Always a fan of the underdog! :D

cassiesmom
10-27-2010, 06:52 PM
I'm following the World Series because I just found out that the Rangers stadium is in the Dallas and Fort Worth area. I've been to Dallas once and I would really like to go there again. Also because I would like to go to San Francisco (and the northern California wine region) some day. Plus, we have PTers in both states :D!

kitten645
10-27-2010, 09:05 PM
go giants!!

*LabLoverKEB*
10-28-2010, 12:40 PM
go giants!!!

lvpets2002
10-28-2010, 12:56 PM
:) Come on down Lady.. The Rangers & ect Stadiums are like 45 min from me..

Hey Go Go Texas Rangers

I'm following the World Series because I just found out that the Rangers stadium is in the Dallas and Fort Worth area. I've been to Dallas once and I would really like to go there again. Also because I would like to go to San Francisco (and the northern California wine region) some day. Plus, we have PTers in both states :D!

DJFyrewolf36
10-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Giants lead the series 1-0....and as of now it is scoreless in the 3rd inning of game 2!

Freckles
10-29-2010, 09:50 AM
Wow, do the Rangers have any decent relief pitchers?

smokey the elder
10-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Giants 2 games to none!

davidpizzica
10-29-2010, 11:12 AM
DJF, I'm rooting for the GIANTS! Mainly because my favorite player from the Pirates is doing well for them, Freddie Sanchez! Another reason is the Giants have solid pitching and a reliable bullpen. I perdict the Giants in 5 games. GO GIANTS!!

krazyaboutkatz
10-29-2010, 11:38 AM
I'm not a baseball fan at all but it's nice to see that the Giants have made it to the World Series. There are so many fans at work that they have two tv's turned onto the game so I'm kind of forced to hear about it while I work. My brother lives in Texas so I'm sure he's rooting for the Rangers. I don't plan on watching any of the games. It's just too boring for me.

DJFyrewolf36
10-29-2010, 11:43 AM
I tend to "watch" the box score on the internet. The talking heads on Fox really irritate me with their predictions of doom for the Giants.

WRONG TWICE, guys!! :D

lvpets2002
10-29-2010, 12:18 PM
:rolleyes: I know it sucks dont it.. Boy Howdy they had better get together for Saturday Night or I am just going to have go tell them boys how to play ball.. :p Yow Right :D Go Go Go Rangers

Wow, do the Rangers have any decent relief pitchers?

kitten645
10-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Go Giants! Fantastic! I'm stocking up on the bubbly and looking forward to the fireworks! Whoot Whoot!

DJFyrewolf36
10-31-2010, 07:51 PM
Good game last night. The Giants just didn't seem to have any bat :(. Watching the box score for game 4 right now!

Freckles
11-01-2010, 02:33 PM
What, no one has reported on Game 4?
Giants 4 - 0 :)

Taz_Zoee
11-01-2010, 03:44 PM
What, no one has reported on Game 4?
Giants 4 - 0 :)

Woo Hoo!! Two shut outs in this series.......so far! :D
I would rather just have the Giants win tonight and get it over with. But I know a lot of fans would like them to come home and win. Who cares? As long as they win I don't care where they are! :)
There were some very good plays in last nights game, on both teams. I'm not a baseball fan, but I might be after this! :D

lvpets2002
11-01-2010, 03:48 PM
:) Even being a Rangers Fan == I do feel the Giants are going to make the World Series.. Hey I feel like we still won by Knocking the Yankees out of the Series this year.. So hey I am good with that.. We still have next year right.. Oh & by the way have you noticed I am the only Texan on this whole Thread stepping to the plate & saying Go Go Go Tx Rangers

caseysmom
11-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Congratulations Giants!

Taz_Zoee
11-01-2010, 09:36 PM
WOO HOO!!! Way to go Giants!!! :D :D :D

DJFyrewolf36
11-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Good game, both teams! I am happy the Giants won and that they faced a worthy opponent :D

*LabLoverKEB*
11-01-2010, 11:59 PM
congratulations giants!!!!

kitten645
11-02-2010, 12:49 AM
"Woo Hoo!! Two shut outs in this series.......so far!
I would rather just have the Giants win tonight and get it over with. But I know a lot of fans would like them to come home and win. Who cares? As long as they win I don't care where they are!
There were some very good plays in last nights game, on both teams. I'm not a baseball fan, but I might be after this! "
Totally agree Cindy! I think if they were here there might have been a bit more craziness on the streets so hopefully there will be a great organized non-drunk parade and party when they come home! Pretty amazing story there. Great team and I suspect a movie out of it! Go Giants!

Taz_Zoee
11-02-2010, 09:46 AM
"Woo Hoo!! Two shut outs in this series.......so far!
I would rather just have the Giants win tonight and get it over with. But I know a lot of fans would like them to come home and win. Who cares? As long as they win I don't care where they are!
There were some very good plays in last nights game, on both teams. I'm not a baseball fan, but I might be after this! "
Totally agree Cindy! I think if they were here there might have been a bit more craziness on the streets so hopefully there will be a great organized non-drunk parade and party when they come home! Pretty amazing story there. Great team and I suspect a movie out of it! Go Giants!

I am actually glad they did it in Texas. I don't think San Francisco would be standing if they won it here. I can't believe what happened, fires and stuff. Come on, they just won the world series. No need to burn the city down! I have a feeling there might have been some accidental deaths if it happened at home. Like people being trampled.

lvpets2002
11-02-2010, 11:46 AM
:) Yes Many Congrats to the Giants.. Both teams played their hearts out for this one.. The Giants have not won since 1954 && that was when they was the New York Giants.. Well Deserved..

Hey I still say Way to Go Texas Rangers for Knocking Out the Yankees this year.. After seeing Yankees always at the World Series for 30 somthing years was getting to be a bit sickening.. Yes I am very Proud of our Texas Rangers.. We will be better than ever next year.. Way to go Rangers..