PDA

View Full Version : Very Very Windy Here Today

Bonny
10-26-2010, 12:45 PM
:eek: Is anyone else experiencing 45 mph gusts in their area?:eek: I was in town waiting for my grandson to get of out preschool & my car was rocking while I sat there.

lvpets2002
10-26-2010, 12:52 PM
:) Yup that was our yesterday.. Not a good hair day for sure..

Freedom
10-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Says you are having a "chiclone" a combination hurricane and cyclone! Lots of damage reports coming in.

Donnaj4962
10-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Yep, we are having that here. It was really bad this morning. I have a second car that I never drive parked on the street and I happened to look out this morning just as a huge branch from a tree across the street came crashing down, just missing my car! Whew! So I ran outside with keys in hand and rearranged cars in the driveway so the one that is on the street would be in the driveway and the one I drive every day would be accessible. The street crews were here within 20 minutes with chainsaws and a mulcher and poof, the street was all clear again!

The tornado sirens even went off this morning! More high winds are expected this afternoon and tomorrow. All the beautiful leaves are pretty much on the ground now!

Stay safe everyone and use lots of hairspray!

cassiesmom
10-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Here too (west suburbs of Chicago); I had to go to an inservice in the other building over the noon hour and it was super windy when I was crossing the street.

Karen
10-26-2010, 05:15 PM
Will the winds arrive here and blow all the rest of the leaves out to sea? Far as I know, we're just due to get rain.

chocolatepuppy
10-26-2010, 05:54 PM
We had heavy rains and high winds this afternoon. It seems to have dumped all the neighborhoods leaves in my fence where they can't blow away!:D

momoffuzzyfaces
10-26-2010, 06:03 PM
We had winds like that yesterday. Today they calmed down to 35mph. :love:

Bonny
10-27-2010, 06:45 AM
It is still darn windy here. The winds are heading to the Northeast watch out Karen. It is not good weather to hang out your laundry for sure.

GoldenLover
10-27-2010, 06:49 AM
Yes, high winds again today.
Yesterday a tornado touched down in my hometown area (Van Wert/Convoy area). Just an F-0 though, tipped a couple cars, damaged a roof, but nothing major.
I was at work in Lima when the storm passed through. It got pretty bad here, we were about to huddle in the bathroom with the office doggie but luckily, it passed without damage. They say the hardest area hit yesterday was Cridersville, just South of Lima. Too close for me!