PDA

View Full Version : Shaneka (Husky) in Tyrone PA needs foster, new home, or rescue!

Anikaca77
10-26-2010, 07:26 AM
Shaneka is a 12 year old purebred husky, who is currently living on a chain on, of all places, Gypsy Camp Hollow Rd in Tyrone, PA. We know that place, right? She actually lived inside her whole life, but her house burned down (I included a photo of the house) and the caretaker has no place for her to go. He's living in an apartment that won't budge on letting him have her there. One dog died in the fire, he was able to place the other two. But Shaneka is old, not good with kids or cats, and really needs a home or rescue who will let her live out her days inside, NOT at the end of a chain. She is good with other dogs. She runs like a young dog, but then her poor legs just shake. She is NOT ready to die, and she needs some time. She is housetrained, but not spayed, and we're not sure if she's too old for that or not. He does love her and goes out to spend time with her, but he's very worried about the upcoming winter. Can you help her? Please call us at 814.941.7447 if you can help Shaneka. I've also uploaded a video, be sure to check that out to see her run.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=445459156085&id=105935158728

If anyone is willing to take her in I can try to transport her to someplace in PA or something.

Please cross post.

Thanks,
Melissa

Laura's Babies
10-26-2010, 11:52 AM
Goodness, she is beautiful!! If I had already moved like I was suppose to years ago I would take her in a heartbeat! She'd be inside/outside and never on a chain! She is so PRETTY!! I wouldn't care how old she is either.. I am old too!

Anikaca77
10-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Still looking for help for her, had someone wanting to adopt her from Baltimore, but they didn't fill out the form...someone local said she'd foster for two weeks, but her husband's mad about it, and we'd have no place for her to go after two weeks...need an adopter or foster, DDB will pay for vetting.

Here is an update from Dogs Deserve Better

Anikaca77
10-26-2010, 02:20 PM
Someone can take her in Colorado anyone want to help out with transport??

I could get her to Ohio.

Melissa

cassiesmom
10-26-2010, 08:13 PM
Melissa, are there transport "legs" made up yet?

Thanks,
Elyse

chocolatepuppy
10-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Shaneka is safe.:)

Anikaca77
10-27-2010, 07:21 AM
Shaneka is safe.:)

Thanks for posting this! :)

Yep, she has a foster home to go to now and she will be placed up for adoption. I'm so glad she's inside :)

Melissa