PDA

View Full Version : Spin the Cat

kaycountrygal
10-24-2010, 10:04 AM
Spin, You are a handsome resilient cat, arent you? At eighteen, you have to be a bit tough and able to "go with the flow" and adapt to situations. It was lucky for you when your humans found you a long time ago with a hurt leg and took you to the vet. It sounds as if you really are boss of the house. From the writeup I can see that your folks love you very much and that you have a good life. I do hope you have many more years left. Congrats on being COTD! Kay in NC 11:04am

KentuckyJim
10-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Dear Friend,
With you in New Albany, IN and I in Lexington, KY, we're practically neighbors. :) I had to write about your kitty Spin. May the Lord bless you and your loved ones for what you have done for him. Not many people would have picked up a car-hit kitty in the middle of an intersection and then spent the necessary money to get him fixed up. My mother and father used to pick up strays and hurt animals like that but as you and I know, we're not many.
So Spin has hit the eighteen year mark. The oldest kitty I ever had was a sweet, little chocolate point Siamese named "Prissy", AKA "The Small", who lived to see seventeen years. The oldest cat I've ever heard of, and it's sort of considered to be benchmark of the longest a cat can live, is twenty-five years old. An indoor kitty has a much better chance of making it to be that old and your Spin is on his way. Who knows? He may very well see twenty-five years with you. The way I look at it, one should allow a cat, or any other pet, to live as long as they can, even if they show some signs of slowing down but if their quality of life starts to slide, then the caretaker needs to consider helping their beloved pet to cross over the Rainbow Bridge. A dear sister/friend at my church had to do so last Thursday with an elderly dog she had with her for thirteen years. It's a very difficult time for her right now for he had been her companion even before she got married.
May Spin live a long, happy, healthy life with you, with his later years filled with good, body-warming days in the window and a cozy, poofy bed at night. May he have lots of good food, cool water from the fridge (lots of animals like a cool drink from the refrigerator), some toys to play with and a couple of kitties and a dog to gently torment at his leisure. :)
Take care, my friend. May the Lord bless you, your loved ones and Spin.
My love to all in Jesus, my Lord..
Jim Grayson
Lexington, Kentucky
U.S.A.

bowlkat
10-24-2010, 10:58 AM
There is MUCH hope for Spin-- my parents were rescuers and they had half a dozen cats, mostly Siamese, live to 25 and one to well over 26 years old- documented fact......20+ for an indoor cat who's well cared-for, just isn't that unusual. May Spin have MANY more years to rule the roost! Congrats on COTD!!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Spin you are one very handsome fellow indeed!!! :love:

I'm so glad your family found you and saved you. How anyone could have hit you and just left you is beyond me. :( It sounds like you have the last laugh on them though by having a wonderfully happy life with your loving family. I hope you are all enjoying your special day today together.

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our special Cat of the Day!!! :D:love:

catmandu
10-24-2010, 12:33 PM
:love::love::love:
What a Handsome Tough Survivor you are Spin , and how fortunate you are that your sad accident was witnessed by such Wonderful people who have such compassion and love for their fellow craetures of Our All Loving Lord God Above.
:):)'You are such a very special Cat to have such a great Furrever Home with your Cat and Dog Companions, and its some touching that they allow you to be the Big Boos Cat!!!
You are truly a Wonder Cat Spin, and you show the resilience of the Cat, to keep going no matter what!!!
:cool::cool:
We Found Cats Love and Admire You Spin ^^, You are a Hero Cat.
We are sending Our Best MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW To Your Companions, Lily ^^ Butter ^^ and Tank ^^ and To Our Very Special Senior Kitty Zen Our Spectacular Spin ^^.
:love::love::love:

AvaJoy
10-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Your story had me sad, but then giggling at how you got your name. What a brave boy you are, Spin, and what kind folks you have to call family. I wish you many, many more 4th of July Birthday celebrations bringing your family joy and happiness, as they have done for you. Happy COTD and keep all those other critters in line, handsome Alpha Spin!:)

catlover11
10-24-2010, 04:54 PM
I was so happy that you saved Spin from a painful death after being hit by a car. No cat deserves to die that way and yet soooo many people still don't get it and let their cats out, in a world (open the door and let them just run out there alone with no protection whatsoever against cars, predators, nasty neighbors) - where speed limits are ignored for the most part. We don't do that to our dogs - why can't cats get the same sense of security, love and care. Hopefully some people will learn from your beautiful kittycat and keep their cat(s) safe.

tatsxxx11
10-24-2010, 05:46 PM
Congratulations and a very, very happy Cat of the Day to you, precious Spin!:love: What an honor it to have such a beautiful senior citizen as our very special Sunday Cat of the Day honoree, and such a brave and courageous one at that!:) Your amazing, incredible journey, your story, had me in tears! What a fighter, a true survivor you are, Spin! I can't imagine how anyone could leave you injured in the road, but thank goodness your family found you in time, and while you certainly have had your fair share of very serious health challenges, you came through like a champion, living and enjoying life to its fullest under the loving care of your wonderful, devoted forever family; even your fursibs know who rules the roost, hehe! Your story, your courage, your family's dedication is an inspiration to us all, and we're honored to have such a deserving kitty as our very special Sunday Cat of the Day! Hope you and Lily and Butters, and big bro Tank, are all enjoying your much deserved day in the spotlight sweetheart, and here's to many more happy years with your terrific family, human and furry!:) Hugs and kisses to you, precious Spin!:love::love::love: You're the best!!!

cassiesmom
10-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Sweet senior kittyzen Spin! What a handsome tabby fellow you are! And definitely a Wonder Cat as Catmandu wrote. I would love to pet you. I hope you have many more Independence Days! Happy Cat of the Day, special kitty Spin!

Momo
10-24-2010, 07:06 PM
What a story, Spin! You have awesome pet parents - if it wasn't for them, you wouldn't be here today at eighteen years!
Kudos to you for sticking through it all, and being a great kitty!
Happy COTD to you! :love:

Medusa
10-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Spin, you have the face of a youngster! I'm willing to bet that your longevity will take you to your 20's. You've proven to be a survivor and I'm sure that you want to stay around as long as possible and eat up all that TLC that your humans clearly give you each and every day. Enjoy your well deserved title of COTD, handsome boy. :love:

Sundance
10-25-2010, 12:23 AM
Hello Spin! You have such a handsome tiger face, and you certainly don't look your age :p Your story starts out so sad, but thanks to your rescuers, your life took a much better spin. ;) You were so fortunate that your new family came along right after you were hit and took you home. Some people would have turned away, but they knew you needed help and they wanted to give you a chance. I'm so happy it all worked out, and although you still limp, it sounds like you have a very happy life!

The perfect family found you when you needed help, and you have repaid them many times over by taking charge of Lily, Butters, and even Tank :D You have proven that you're a survivor and I truly hope you have many more years together despite your advancing age and health problems. Thank you for spinning into our lives today and entertaining us with your story.

:love: Happy Cat of the Day, Spin the survivor! Here's to many more 4th of July celebrations! :love:

susanswatlin518
10-25-2010, 01:28 AM
:love:I AM A DAY LATE-AND A DOLLAR SHORT-HA HA-BUT I WANT TO TELL YOU I AM SO GLAD YOU WERE RESCUED-GOD BLESS :love::love::)THESE DAYS-CATS-ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO STAY INSIDE, ARE LIVING LOBGER OF COURSE. ONE OF MINE WAS OVER 20-21 AND I CHOSE TO PUT HIM DOWN BECAUSE IT WAS OBVIOUS FOR A FEW REASONS-BUT IT WAS HARD TO DO- SO I DO HOPE YOU HAVE ALOT OF TIME LEFT WITH YOUR HUMANS-ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS COMING! BEST WISHES SUSANSWARLIN518