PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 401K?

RICHARD
10-21-2010, 12:19 PM
Time for you all to invest in a good week in the bar.

I want soup.:cool:

Karen
10-21-2010, 12:24 PM
I soooo miss good soup in the real world. As it's a cool, rainy, gloomy day, a nice bowl of clam chowder (New England style, none of that tomato nonsense) would hit the spot, I'll get some started. Any help peeling potatoes? Chowder's always better if ya work for it, right?

Catty1
10-21-2010, 01:02 PM
I have my home-made chicken soup here - fresh carrots, celery, green beans, and made from TWO organic chickens bought from a Hutterite colony.

Have to dilute it a bit - or just make it into stew! Here you go, willing to share!:)

lvpets2002
10-21-2010, 01:04 PM
:) No No Orc Karen said she needs someone to peel the potatos Not run over them with a lawn mower.. Gooffyy Orc :rolleyes: Soup sounds good with some of those fishy things in the soup.. No No Orc you cannot go bobbing for the fishy things.. :p

lbaker
10-21-2010, 01:27 PM
I just LUV clam chowdah... and I'm with you about REAL chowdah, none of those tomatoey things. Know what's good with the soup (of any kind) corn fritters, especially with Eastern Shore corn. I just happen to have some frozen corn from late summer. YUMMMMMMMY (don't tell Phred about dreaded KLAMZ, he won't step in the joint) ;):p

kuhio98
10-21-2010, 01:32 PM
Just had a large bowl of African Peanut Soup.
Yum-o! Very creamy with just enough spicy kick to make my sore throat feel better. :D

slick
10-21-2010, 01:52 PM
Gee, I have not visited here for a long time. Am I still welcome or do I need to start from scratch and tell a joke?

Richard: Don't know what a 401K is but how about a good strong shot of whiskey. My BFH is still giving me grief.

Wondering how you are doing pal.:love:

Karen
10-21-2010, 02:31 PM
Richard: Don't know what a 401K is but how about a good strong shot of whiskey. My BFH is still giving me grief.

Slick, I can help with that - a 401K is a standard US retirement plan some business set up for their employees. The money is yours, and goes in before taxes, you only pay taxes when you take it out, and after you hit retirement age, you can take out the money without big penalties.

Catherinedana
10-21-2010, 02:35 PM
Investing words of Wisdom for 401K Thursday:

If you had purchased $1,000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49. With Enron stock, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1,000. With WorldCom stock, you would have had less than $5.00 left. Then who would pay for your Social Security? But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling REFUND, you would have had $214.00. Based on the above, the best current investment advice for today's seniors is to drink heavily and recycle. It's called the 401-Keg Plan.

gini
10-21-2010, 02:36 PM
Soup - clam chowder? - count me in to help peel and eat the soup.

Good day for soup - it is overcast - a California spit rain is happening and it is just a dull day.

Pinot's Mom
10-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Chowdah? Chowdah? Oh my! I so miss homemade New England Clam Chowder-real stuff, indeed, made with the broth and milk! :) What kind of bread shall we serve? How about Parker House rolls?:)

RICHARD
10-21-2010, 05:23 PM
I fixed the title of the thread.

Thanks to everyone for coming.

I will help peel the tatersfor a chowdah and the chikin, too!

Diced or cubed?;)

Let me pour some wine, coffee and tea for you all and get the butter out for the rolls!

DONE.

Karen
10-21-2010, 06:03 PM
We generally cube the taters, half-inch or so chunks. Not so small as they dissolve, but small enough so they cook pretty quickly. Not that there's any rushing a good chowder, mind you! Now, shall we have the Orc peel and dice onions, or is there someone here who can do the job without crying (normal peoples' reaction) or sneezing (mine and my sister's reaction)?

If we can get blue in here, I know he'll chop up and start the bacon ....

Marigold2
10-21-2010, 07:59 PM
Some chicken noodle with orzo for me, with crispy warm bread and a cruncy salad.. Heaven

Medusa
10-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Make mine creamy chicken soup w/wild rice, crusty bread and a crispy green salad. Ok, it's late and now I'm hungry again.

slick
10-22-2010, 02:43 PM
I could use some warm soup today - comfort food that is. I've tried to make soup but it just doesn't turn out very good, but I keep trying.

One spanish coffee over here please, eh??? :D

momoffuzzyfaces
10-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Could I just have potato soup with no clams? Not real fond of fishy things. :love:

cassiesmom
10-22-2010, 08:16 PM
It was pretty nice out today, sunny and 63F, so, could I please have iced tea?

Karen
10-22-2010, 08:40 PM
I could use some warm soup today - comfort food that is. I've tried to make soup but it just doesn't turn out very good, but I keep trying.

One spanish coffee over here please, eh??? :D

Slick, do you like fish? Lady's Human has posted the family Fish Chowder recipe somewhere here on Pet Talk - likely in the recipe thread, and it's pretty darned easy - and just as good the next day! (Not that there are any leftovers at our family gatherings, but we are a rather large crowd.) Nothing at all tricky about it, and even Aunt Zsa, bless her, could make it well! (Lovely lady, much missed, but better at entertaining and organizing than cooking.)

I do so miss soup in the real world, but am now allergic even to fish, so I can stare longing at it at holidays, and not imbibe.

Oooh - that recipe's here. (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showpost.php?p=2195253&postcount=65)

RICHARD
10-23-2010, 05:38 PM
Karen,

The smells of the Forbidden Soup must be torture!:(
Chai?

DONE!

CM,

One ice tea?

DONE!

MOFF,

Tater soup, no clams?

DONE!

SLick,

Soup and Cafe Espanol.....DONE!

Mary,
Creamy Chikin w/rice, warm bread, crunchy salad!

DONE!

PM and Gini?

Refills?

DONE!

CD,

401 keg? :D

MG,

Chikin noodle, w/orzo, bread and salad!

DONE!

K98?

African Peanut soup?

Sounds interesting!

DONE?

LB,

Western Coast corn ain't bad either!:)

C1,

I have been jonesing for Chikin soup for the last two days.:)

Catty1
10-23-2010, 07:26 PM
RICHARD, if I sent it express by fedex or something, I wonder how long it would stay frozen? :D

Here Kitty Kitty
10-29-2010, 03:57 PM
Hmmm. How 'bout gettin' me a nice big ol' bowl of some Veggie Soup??? Ah, the taters and maters and peas and carrots... yummmmm.:D