PDA

View Full Version : Gypsy's missing... :\ *she's home!*

JuniorxMyxLove
10-20-2010, 01:51 PM
We haven't been able to find Gypsy ANYWHERE. It's been about 2 days since we last saw her.

I wish we knew whether she got out or not, but with two irresponsible teenagers [not me] leaving doors open [one coming home at about 5AM in the morning], it's impossible to tell.

:(

I'm hoping she's just been laying low...but I don't think so. I guess my mom searched for her throughout the house and can't find her.

If she got out...I hope she comes home soon. It's getting cold out; a few nights ago we had a frost.

Anyways...just thought I'd let y'all know.

MoonandBean
10-20-2010, 02:11 PM
I really hope she comes home! My cat was missing for 10 days last March and he came home so don't give up!

moosmom
10-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Go around the neighborhood. I assume she's an indoor/outdoor cat. Ask your neighbors to check ALL their open spaces, garages, sheds, etc. My friend's cat went missing and she found him enclosed in someone's shed. Put up posters. Look in any crawl spaces you have. I lost a cat that fell out of my living room window down 2 stories. He was missing for 5 days (he was semi-feral). I came home from work one day and saw in sitting in the back yard. When I went to get him, he ran into the crawl space of my apts. That's where he had been the whole time. Cats do not stray far from their food source. There is also the factor of elements, coyotes, weather, etc.

Any way you can borrow a trap and set it for him?? If he's hungry enough and hasn't eaten for a while, he should be fairly easy to catch.

catmandu
10-20-2010, 02:59 PM
Another job for Our Awesome Angels Army Search and Rescue Squad , and they will bring bits of food to try and lure Gypsy back where she is loved.
And brain slaps to the two who leave doors open!!!!!

JuniorxMyxLove
10-20-2010, 03:42 PM
thanks, guys. We just got back from the humane society...she's not there but we filled out some paper work and we're gonna keep going back every 2-3 days in addition to going to this other shelter and checking and sending her picture to all the neighbors.

kuhio98
10-20-2010, 04:28 PM
This website has some good tips http://www.petrescue.com/petlibrary/pet-rescue/how-to-find-a-lost-cat-or-dog/

Please go to any shelters in your area with a photo of Gypsy. Fill out a lost pet form. Search their facilities from top to bottom. Ask to search the dog cages. Ask to search rooms that have sick or unadoptable pets.

Ask to search the clinic.

That's where Kuhio was. We found out too late to save her life.

JuniorxMyxLove
10-20-2010, 04:55 PM
This website has some good tips http://www.petrescue.com/petlibrary/pet-rescue/how-to-find-a-lost-cat-or-dog/

Please go to any shelters in your area with a photo of Gypsy. Fill out a lost pet form. Search their facilities from top to bottom. Ask to search the dog cages. Ask to search rooms that have sick or unadoptable pets.

Ask to search the clinic.

That's where Kuhio was. We found out too late to save her life.

thanks for the link! My mom's hitting the other shelter that a lot of strays are sent to [we were recommended to look there by the MHS]

Luckily my mom and I volunteered at the MHS for about a year, so we knew the layout of the building and we did look in all the rooms containing cats.

Freedom
10-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Prayers from RI that she comes home quickly and safely!

mrspunkysmom
10-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Come home, Gypsy.

Laura's Babies
10-20-2010, 06:27 PM
GYPSY! That's your Mama calling! COME HOME GIRL!!

krazyaboutkatz
10-21-2010, 01:03 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Please come home Gypsy. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

phesina
10-21-2010, 05:15 AM
Prayers for Gypsy: come home, sweetie!

sana
10-21-2010, 05:26 AM
Juniorx don't worry to much ok? Cat's have a great memory, they'll even remember the last time you gave them a treat, ;) She will know the way to her home. She will come home as soon as she starts thinking that her adventure's over. Pray and search. We all will keep praying and will think positive and good thoughts for both of you. :)

JuniorxMyxLove
10-21-2010, 07:58 PM
SHE'S HOME!!!!

my mom took Sadie to the vet to get some lumps looked at, and they lent her a trap [we got Gypsy from the vet so they know her well, one was near tears when she heard].

My mom set it at about 10:00 AM with some canned food....and when she took Sadie out about 20 minutes ago, she heard some very familiar mewing coming from it! We brought it in and lo and behold, there was Gypsy!!!!!

:love: My baby's home, I'm soo happy.

The second we let her loose she took off into the basement, but I'm sure she'll be back up soon. I feel bad, it's been POURING the past two days...I bet she was miserable! Sadie's quite pleased to have her buddy back - they're so cute together!
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/DSC03390-1.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/Sadie/SDC10738.jpg

Today also happens to be my grandpa's birthday...he passed in April, and I think he was watching over our baby while she was lost, and I'd like to think he helped guide her home. Happy birthday grandpa, I love you!

Taz_Zoee
10-21-2010, 08:13 PM
Woo Hoo!! This is just the update I was hoping for. :D :D
Gypsy reminds me of my Taz a little. The pic of her and Sadie are adorable. :)

columbine
10-21-2010, 08:14 PM
HUZZAH! :) You might want to change the title on the thread so people will know.

Love, Columbine

JuniorxMyxLove
10-21-2010, 08:16 PM
HUZZAH! :) You might want to change the title on the thread so people will know.

Love, Columbine

you are very right...I meant to, but I got distracted by updating my facebook status, bahahahaha.

Thanks, guys. I'm so giddy right now!

Freedom
10-21-2010, 08:30 PM
yippee!!!

Medusa
10-21-2010, 08:36 PM
Oh thank goodness! I just saw this but when I saw "she's home!", I took a sigh of relief. The little buggers scare the daylights out of us at times, don't they. Whew! You can breathe now. :)

kuhio98
10-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Big sigh of relief! :D:D:D:D

cassiesmom
10-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Yay, Gypsy is home! Please give her a kiss for me! :D

dehlers43
10-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Yippee! Welcome back little Gypsy....were you trying to live up to your name????

Catty1
10-21-2010, 10:10 PM
WHEW! Little Gypsy, don't scare your hoomins like that again!

Welcome home!:D:love::love::love::D

katladyd
10-21-2010, 11:40 PM
Doin' the Happy Dance, here! :D Thank you, God, for listening to our prayers.:love:

krazyaboutkatz
10-22-2010, 12:05 AM
This is wonderful news!!!:D

sana
10-22-2010, 04:08 AM
Oh! Thank God!!! CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!! :):):D:D:D phew! I was hoping that sweet Gypsy would come back, GR8 news!! congrats again!:love::love::love:

moosmom
10-22-2010, 07:38 AM
YAAAAYYY!! Another happy ending!

Laura's Babies
10-22-2010, 09:02 AM
Let's hope that her experience was such a bad one that she won't try that again and has lost all interest in going out into that big dangerous, WET world!

From the picture she looks like she has rust colored spots on her, does she or is it the camera doing tricks? I saw a cat at adoption day Saturday that was a tabby like her with rust colors all over her and found it fascinating. I had never seen a cat colored like that.

phesina
10-22-2010, 09:29 AM
HALLELUJAH!!!!!

PLEASE turn her into an indoor-only or outdoor-only-on-leash kitty! Will this incident help get the message across to your kids to be careful when going out and coming in?

catmandu
10-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Anoither success for Our Pet Talker Search and Rescue Squad in convincing Gypsy to come home!!!
:love::love::love:
Now all you have to do is put down a CLOSE THAT DOOR policy:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Horray for Gypsy!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Pinot's Mom
10-22-2010, 10:01 AM
So glad Gypsy's home! Such a beautiful kitty, too! :)

MoonandBean
10-22-2010, 10:17 AM
I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!! I KNOW THE FEELING ALL TOO WELL :love:

JuniorxMyxLove
10-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Let's hope that her experience was such a bad one that she won't try that again and has lost all interest in going out into that big dangerous, WET world!

From the picture she looks like she has rust colored spots on her, does she or is it the camera doing tricks? I saw a cat at adoption day Saturday that was a tabby like her with rust colors all over her and found it fascinating. I had never seen a cat colored like that.

I'm not sure about the coloring...I have more pictures that I took last night of her falling asleep in my bathroom...I'll upload them tonight.

HALLELUJAH!!!!!

PLEASE turn her into an indoor-only or outdoor-only-on-leash kitty! Will this incident help get the message across to your kids to be careful when going out and coming in?

she IS an indoor only cat, which is why we panicked when she got out. She's slipped through a few times when we're letting the dog out etc, but we always bring her right back in.

Hehe I AM one of the kids [not the irresponsible ones, those are my sister and our 'stray'] but hopefully this does teach everyone to check the doors.

slick
10-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Today also happens to be my grandpa's birthday...he passed in April, and I think he was watching over our baby while she was lost, and I'd like to think he helped guide her home. Happy birthday grandpa, I love you! I have no doubt about this. :):) Welcome home sweet baby!

momcat
10-22-2010, 03:02 PM
This is wonderful news! Groucho and I are very relieved to know Gypsy is back in your loving arms safe and unharmed.

Please accept my sincere sympathy on the loss of your Granddad. And know that a very special prayer was prayed for him today.

mrspunkysmom
10-22-2010, 07:07 PM
All Right! Stay home, Gypsy!