PDA

View Full Version : People are truly amazing! Please read update on post #9

anna_66
10-18-2010, 08:30 PM
I've been kind of stressing about Roxey's surgery (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=2306503#post2306503) and one of my co-workers/friends decided to take it upon herself to organize a fundraiser for us. Not only that, but she's donating 10% of her tips this weekend to us!

Honestly, people never cease to amaze me:D

CountryWolf07
10-18-2010, 08:55 PM
Yay! :) Good luck! I'm glad to see that still exists in today's world. We need more people like that!

Karen
10-18-2010, 09:37 PM
How nice! Yes, despite what the news media would have us believe, most people really are nice! Roxey is in our prayers, of course. Her noble dignity at not chomping into her birthday cake at the dog park was truly remarkable, and she hold a special place in all the hearts of Pet Talk.

krazyaboutkatz
10-19-2010, 12:24 AM
Yes,this sure is nice.:) I hope that your fundraiser is a major success. Good luck.:)

dukedogsmom
10-19-2010, 05:40 AM
That is so sweet of her to do that. And you know your PT pals would be happy to help out as well, right? Bless Roxey's heart and yours. I hope she isn't in too much pain and that the operation will be a success. I don't know if the powder I use for Dasher is better but you might check it out. Its called Nutro and I get the silver. Without this powder, he stops playing and loses his friskiness. There's also some powders with MSM which helps out a lot for things like that.

anna_66
10-19-2010, 06:00 AM
I've been trying to think of things to do for the fundraiser, but all that comes to mind is food, guess it's because I work in a restaurant:p

That is so sweet of her to do that. And you know your PT pals would be happy to help out as well, right? Bless Roxey's heart and yours. I hope she isn't in too much pain and that the operation will be a success. I don't know if the powder I use for Dasher is better but you might check it out. Its called Nutro and I get the silver. Without this powder, he stops playing and loses his friskiness. There's also some powders with MSM which helps out a lot for things like that.
Val that's very sweet, but I'm not the kind of person to ask for money. I know it's tight everywhere for everyone.
As for the powder, I'll check it out...Thanks!

Medusa
10-19-2010, 07:43 AM
That is good to hear, Anna. I do pray that Roxey's surgery will be a complete success and that she'll be on the mend in no time. Keep the faythe.

lizbud
10-20-2010, 12:48 PM
I've been kind of stressing about Roxey's surgery (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=2306503#post2306503) and one of my co-workers/friends decided to take it upon herself to organize a fundraiser for us. Not only that, but she's donating 10% of her tips this weekend to us!

Honestly, people never cease to amaze me:D

I believe it is just an example of good Karma coming back to a good person.
Anybody who has ever spent any time with Anna, knows what a sweet & thoughtful person she is to everyone. It's only right and natural that good things should be returned in kind. :)

Anna, I hope you guys make a ton of money for Roxey.:love:

anna_66
10-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Just had to update this thread and say once again how amazing people are:D

Besides the $220 that was raised this weekend by the bake sale and cash donations, someone that I've never met made a $500 cash donation:eek::love:
It was someone on PT that I've never even heard of or talked to before this happened and she's only posted a handful of times. If she don't mind (I'll ask) I'd like to give you her name so I can thank her publicly. If she would rather remain anonymous let me just say she's an angel and I'm just over whelmed by her generosity!

K9karen
10-25-2010, 08:39 PM
That is so tear jerking generous! The donor must have gotten good vibes from your post. We already know how sensational you are and that you're loved very much!

shais_mom
10-25-2010, 10:32 PM
awesome!

krazyaboutkatz
10-26-2010, 01:03 AM
This is wonderful news!!!:) I hope that the donations keep rolling in.:)

Laura's Babies
10-26-2010, 12:05 PM
People like that restore your faith in human nature.

anna_66
10-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Well, she's ok'd it and our Pet Talk friend who donated is...... Mooshi!
You are quite an angel and we can't thank you enough for your
generous donation!

dukedogsmom
10-27-2010, 01:30 PM
That is awesome! Thanks so much, Mooshi!