PDA

View Full Version : Roxey is going to have surgery-STITCHES OUT! (post 118)

anna_66
10-18-2010, 08:23 PM
She has a Ruptured Anterior (Cranial) Cruciate Ligament (http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&A=1975)
There's been a lot of talk about exactly what type of surgery she's going to have to have. First it was the Lateral Suture technique (http://www.michvet.com/library/surgery_cruciate_extracapsular.asp) but after the orthopedic surgeon looked at her x-rays he decided she wasn't a good candidate for it because there was too much damage in the knee and it wouldn't help the pain. So he referred us to OSU veterinary clinic and thought maybe she might be a good candidate for a knee replacement and right now they are doing clinical trials. But of course the surgeon there needs to evaluate her and see what he thinks. They are so busy and we're not able to get in until December 1st. So for now I guess she will keep taking the Previcox & the denosyl the vet has her on for the pain, that is unless something changes after they look at her liver panels on Wednesday.

Needless to say either surgery they do it's going to be super expensive. We sold our camper hoping it would be enough money and it would have been if she would be having the lateral suture. But now it looks like it's going to be more around $5000+ with all the vet visits and the meds she will be having to take.

We've already spent $1000 to have 2 of her teeth pulled (the back ones which have 3-4 roots so it's major surgery to pulls them)plus the expense of the antibiotics, pain meds, x-rays and suppliments to add to her food for added support to her joints (glucosamine and chrontrin-we're giving her The Missing Link)

I have to say though, I have some super good friends at work and they are doing a fund raiser for us. I would have never imagined it and am so overwhelmed. I definately don't think we'll raise the extra $2500 we're going to need, but every little bit will help! People really surprise me sometimes:)

My poor girl. Not only is it going to be hard on her to have the surgery, but the recovery is going to be very long and rough on both her and us.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

DJFyrewolf36
10-18-2010, 08:29 PM
My prayers are with Roxey and you! Give that beautiful pup a gentle hug for me.

MonicanHonda
10-19-2010, 12:13 AM
Oh, Roxey girl... I am sure she will do fine. The vet I worked at did quite a few ligament surgeries. Best wishes to one of my favorite pettalk doggies. :-D

krazyaboutkatz
10-19-2010, 12:21 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about this.:( I hope that her surgery goes well and that she'll be able to have it before Dec.1st. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Roxey's way.

Karen
10-19-2010, 01:31 AM
She will be in our prayers, as will you! She's such a beautiful girl, put her picture on anything you can for fundraising, and folks will likely fall in love with her pretty blue eyes and want to help.

Roxyluvsme13
10-19-2010, 01:44 AM
Good luck, Roxey! Hope everything goes smoothly.

Hope things work out for you and your pretty girl. You all will be in my thoughts.

Freedom
10-19-2010, 09:12 AM
Prayers for Roxy girl! She is so pretty!

I've known a few dogs have the ACL surgery; but they were smaller breeds, and young dogs (under 3 years of age).

I didn't know they do knee replacements for dogs!

Cataholic
10-19-2010, 09:27 AM
Oh, poor Roxey!!! I feel you about the money. BUT, and I know you know this already...she is well worth it.

As for the surgery, my sister's rottie, Rafe, had both knees done (not at the same time), and her GSD, Sera, just had one done. The recovery is a PIA. No activity for 6 weeks...but both doggies are doing well.

Good luck to all!

Taz_Zoee
10-19-2010, 09:47 AM
Good thoughts going out for Roxey!

cassiesmom
10-19-2010, 10:38 AM
She will be in our prayers, as will you!

In mine, too! (do you have a Pay-pal?)

ramanth
10-19-2010, 10:56 AM
Lots of prayers, hugs, and good vibes for Roxey!! :love:

Catty1
10-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Anna, how wonderful that your co-workers are doing a fundraiser for Roxey! Your colleagues are wonderful people.

A garage sale might pull in a few $, especially if others chip in with goodies to sell.

Check this out too - low or no interest loans for pet owners: http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/trouble_affording_veterinary_care.html

lizbud
10-19-2010, 12:24 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts for Roxey. I hope this waiting time
goes by quickly and Roxey can get started on healing up again.She
is such a sweet and beautiful girl.:)

Bonny
10-19-2010, 12:54 PM
Good Thoughts & Prayers sent Roxey's.:love:

anna_66
10-19-2010, 06:30 PM
Anna, how wonderful that your co-workers are doing a fundraiser for Roxey! Your colleagues are wonderful people.

A garage sale might pull in a few $, especially if others chip in with goodies to sell.

Check this out too - low or no interest loans for pet owners: http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/trouble_affording_veterinary_care.html

A garage sale would be great, but just recently I gave all my old stuff to the salvation army:p But the girls at work are going to bring in their old purses (they're all addicted to them!) to sell. So that might go good.
I do have home made pickles that I made and it seems they all like them, so I'll be selling them along with some baked good this weekend.
I'm going to try and sell some stuff on ebay. Never done it so this should interesting;)

We have looked into care credit though. Thanks for the link.

Oh, poor Roxey!!! I feel you about the money. BUT, and I know you know this already...she is well worth it.

As for the surgery, my sister's rottie, Rafe, had both knees done (not at the same time), and her GSD, Sera, just had one done. The recovery is a PIA. No activity for 6 weeks...but both doggies are doing well.

Good luck to all!
Your right, she most definitely is! One girl at work today asked why we couldn't just amputate her leg:rolleyes:

It's the recovery that I will NOT be looking forward to. But since she's a little older it "might" be a little easier.
I'm very glad to hear both the knees are doing good!

And thanks for all the positive thoughts and prayers!

K9karen
10-19-2010, 10:06 PM
Aw, poor Roxey. Anna, Cody had both knees done (seperately), and I swear he knew he was being helped. He was such a good boy. Of course, he was the only dog, so I was able to gate him into the family room where there's a door leading outside. He was so calm I was surprised. He hated being alone downstairs so I slept with him. He also lost 20 pounds! He recovered nicely too. I don't remember giving him a lot of pain killers since they put a lot of stuff into his knee.

I know Roxey will recover nicely. She's such a good girl. Please giver her a gaziilion hugs and kisses for me! Hugs to you too of course!:love:

anna_66
10-20-2010, 08:24 AM
Karen it's good to hear that he recovered so nicely. I hope Roxey does too. And I sure hope she doesn't loose 20lbs...the vet said she's already under weight!
I've probably already given her a gazillion hugs and kisses, but you better believe I'll give her more from you:D And she's been such a sweetheart lately I've gotten lots of kisses from her too. Something she rarely did before! I really think having those teeth pulled made her feel better.

cyber-sibes
10-20-2010, 04:50 PM
Poor girl! We're sending Sibe vibes, please give her a big hug from me, too. Sounds like you have some wonderful co-workers! And the vets at OSU are really good - I know they'll do a great job with the surgery.

anna_66
10-20-2010, 05:59 PM
Well, we had another vet visit today. Her liver levels are still high, which isn't good. So for now she's changing med from the Previcox to Tramadol:eek:
She said she didn't want any thing to keep her from having her surgery and too low of levels would keep her from having it.
Her gums looks great where the teeth were pulled and she was a trooper when having her blood drawn again. They said she's the best husky they've ever dealt with! I could have told them that though;)

Too bad Bon can't seem to get rid of this crazy ear infection he's been fighting for the last month:o He has lost about 7 lbs though!

*LabLoverKEB*
10-22-2010, 12:38 PM
I'm keeping pretty Roxey girl in my prayers that all goes well before, during, and after her procedure. Keep us updated on the pretty Husky girl!:love:

Daisy and Delilah
10-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Thoughts and prayers going out, Anna. I hope Roxey will sail through and have a speedy recovery!! A big get well to Bon too!! Your plate sure is full right now. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Cinder & Smoke
10-22-2010, 09:25 PM
Hi God ~

Prayer Pups here puttinn in da Good Word for our
PT Pal, Miz Roxey. Kan You meet da OSU White Coat and
develop a plan tp fix her knee?

Us P Talkers will help scrape up the munnie to pay fur the sir jury;
We just pooled or treet munnie an Dad sent if off inna BillPay envelope.

Please keep her comfortable till it's fix-zit time.

THANKS, God!! :)

/s/ the Prayer Pups

tikeyas_mom
10-22-2010, 11:18 PM
oh my! Poor Roxy!!!

I will keep you in my thoughts!

You have your hands full with your puppiers!

Roxy is a trooper, I'm sure she will make it through, and thats AMAZING that your coworkers are helping you so much! God bless good people in this world.

anna_66
10-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Hi God ~

Prayer Pups here puttinn in da Good Word for our
PT Pal, Miz Roxey. Kan You meet da OSU White Coat and
develop a plan tp fix her knee?

Us P Talkers will help scrape up the munnie to pay fur the sir jury;
We just pooled or treet munnie an Dad sent if off inna BillPay envelope.

Please keep her comfortable till it's fix-zit time.

THANKS, God!! :)

/s/ the Prayer Pups
Phred don't you dare send us money, we'll come up with it one way or another. Besides, I'm sure it would be much better used for you to get yourself a maid;) I know you could use some help around the house. Wish I lived closer...I'd be there right now:D

Thanks everyone for the good thoughts and prayers!

Cinder & Smoke
10-23-2010, 05:54 PM
Phred don't you dare send us money, we'll come up with it one way or another.
Besides, I'm sure it would be much better used for you to get yourself a maid ;)
I know you could use some help around the house.

:o Oooooopsie ... the pen slipped in my hand.
Anyway - it's for Roxey, not you guys!

"Maid" is more like a Butler --- Fire Guy that just loves to help folks ...
He sweeps, dusts, cleans, does dishes, polishes stovetops, puts stuff away, fills the water softener, makes windows *sparkle* inside and OUT,
destroys cobwebs ... he's even making me clean up the computer room.

And Staci found a She-Maid who's going to stop over to see if she's
interested in three Daqgs and and Olde Man to clean up after.

Money won't 'fix' me ... it will fix Roxey. Put it to good use with
my Blessing.

:love: :love: :love:

MonicanHonda
10-23-2010, 10:03 PM
Phred, you're so kind... if only we could find a way to also get her money. :) We want to help.

luvofallhorses
10-23-2010, 10:43 PM
Oh no poor Roxey and you guys. She will be in my thoughts and prayers. Give that beautiful blue eyed girl a kiss on the nose for me. :)

*LabLoverKEB*
10-24-2010, 12:04 AM
Still thinking and keeping Roxey in my prayers. <3

Phred, you are so kind, it just blows me away! You are such an unbelievably blessing to all of us here, and right now especially Anna, Mark, and Roxey!

anna_66
10-24-2010, 07:05 AM
:o Oooooopsie ... the pen slipped in my hand.
Anyway - it's for Roxey, not you guys!

"Maid" is more like a Butler --- Fire Guy that just loves to help folks ...
He sweeps, dusts, cleans, does dishes, polishes stovetops, puts stuff away, fills the water softener, makes windows *sparkle* inside and OUT,
destroys cobwebs ... he's even making me clean up the computer room.

And Staci found a She-Maid who's going to stop over to see if she's
interested in three Daqgs and and Olde Man to clean up after.

Money won't 'fix' me ... it will fix Roxey. Put it to good use with
my Blessing.

:love: :love: :love:
Thank you, thank you, thank you...from the bottom of our hearts:love:
Someone that cleans cob webs and windows..send him my way;)
I'm so glad to hear that your getting some help! Love you guys!
---------------------------------------------------------
Here's a good note. Our bake sale from this weekend, plus a few cash donations and we've come up with $213!
Plus Mark gave in and let some of his canned pickles go and they were a big hit. Too bad we don't still have the garden, I'd be canning more.
One of the girls even brought in a case of Mt Dew and sold it for .50 a can. People sure do love their Dew!
We're going to do it every weekend at my work until her Dr appointment so wish us luck.
I don't want to ask for money, so I bake instead! We all love food at my work...guess that's why we work in a restaurant.
Plus I've cashed in all my change that I've saved and we have a grand total of $300. Sure it's not the $2500 we need, but every little bit helps!

robinh
10-24-2010, 07:22 AM
So she's definitely scheduled for surgery on December 1 at OSU Vet? Those veterinary hospital are the best. They have cutting edge technology. She'll be in good hands.

I remember when we took Max and Carly to the ISU Vet Hospital. They were so nice. Max was in seventh heaven - most of the students were women. He was definitely a woman's dog.

Kfamr
10-24-2010, 09:30 AM
I'm keeping you all in my thoughts for sure. Hugs to the big girl, and to you and Mark.:love:

Ginger's Mom
10-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Oh dear, it sounds like you are going through some rough times. Hope things get better. {hugs for you and Roxey}

MonicanHonda
10-24-2010, 11:21 AM
You'll get there eventually. :) Don't you worry... Roxey will have her surgery and do great. :)

anna_66
10-26-2010, 08:38 AM
Roxey had an angel donate $500 towards her surgery:D

wanwan1007
10-26-2010, 08:34 PM
My prayers go out to Roxey and her family. Wishing a speedy recovery and a special measure of grace on her and the family during the recovery period.

wolf_Q
10-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Thinking of all of you, I hope you are able to raise as much as possible toward her surgery and it will be successful. Love that Roxey girl!

anna_66
10-29-2010, 09:43 AM
Thinking of all of you, I hope you are able to raise as much as possible toward her surgery and it will be successful. Love that Roxey girl!

Thanks again Amy for your donation! I had another $75 donation, so now we're up to $3457...only $1543 more:D
Good thing we had that camper to sell!

dukedogsmom
10-29-2010, 10:46 PM
Anna, do you have Paypal? If so, please PM me with that info. I hope Roxey does well with the surgery. And I told you the wrong name for that powder. Its called Nupro All Natural Joint Support. I get the silver for senior dogs. Its really good stuff. Keeps Dasher frisky and happy.

anna_66
10-30-2010, 07:54 AM
Anna, do you have Paypal? If so, please PM me with that info. I hope Roxey does well with the surgery. And I told you the wrong name for that powder. Its called Nupro All Natural Joint Support. I get the silver for senior dogs. Its really good stuff. Keeps Dasher frisky and happy.

I looked it up and have that page bookmarked for next time we need it. I had just bought a 5lb bag of the Missing link so it will be a while before I need it.
I sent you my paypal. Thanks:)

Another little update, let me make that a pretty big update! We receieve another $150 donation from our dear friend Phred. You all are the best and we can't thank you enough!
With that and the $22 from the bake sale yesterday were only in the red by $1371!

boomersooner
10-30-2010, 10:25 AM
Best wishes to all of you!!!

Mooshi
10-30-2010, 04:53 PM
Im so glad that donations are coming in Roxy deserves to be a healthy happy dog. Hope all goes well :)

anna_66
10-31-2010, 07:22 AM
I can't say thank you enough to all the people who are helping us out with this. It' means so much more than you'll ever know. Roxey will be one happy girl when this is all over and done with!

With that said I have another update! We received $25 from one of my managers at work, $40 from dukedogsmom (THANKS VAL!) and $25 from the bake sale (I've been baking like crazy!):eek:
Only $1291 left to hit our goal! We're getting there:D

anna_66
11-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Another update:
With a $50 donation from Amy (Cincy's Mom) and $102 from the bake sale this weekend we are only $1139 away from our $5000 goal! Thanks again to everyone!

She's really been doing very well with the Tramadol so we're very happy about that.

Roxey's appointment has been moved up from December 1st to November 17th! That's next week! Wish us luck!

shais_mom
11-09-2010, 10:50 AM
good luck! give that sweet girl a big hug from me!

Karen
11-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Good news that it has been moved up - always better sooner! We'll keep her in our prayers for sure!

MonicanHonda
11-09-2010, 01:58 PM
BIG BIG hug from Delta, Doc, and I. I'm glad it got moved up. She'll feel better in no time!

Vette
11-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Moochows luck to you guys!

anna_66
11-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Thanks guys!

We went and had her liver panel done again yesterday and it's all back to normal! They said Roxey is one of their best patients:love:
Looks like thing are all set for Wednesday!

krazyaboutkatz
11-11-2010, 11:28 AM
I hope that her surgery goes well and that her recovery time goes by quickly as well.:) I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

lizbud
11-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Wishing you all the best for a successful surgery & a quick recovery
for your girl Roxey.:) It won't be long now till she's on the road to recovery.

K9karen
11-11-2010, 09:27 PM
My love and prayers will be with everyone! I know Mizzy R will recover in no time and be as good as new!

cyber-sibes
11-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Pawsome! We'll be sending lots of prayers & pawsitive Sibe vibes.

ChrisH
11-16-2010, 06:42 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts for beautiful Roxey winging their way across the pond.

anna_66
11-16-2010, 09:29 AM
Thanks everyone for the positive vibes! I'm getting nervous just thinking about it:eek:

My sweet husband took a vacation day to go with us. Phew, that's a relief...I hate doing things like that myself!

Daisy and Delilah
11-16-2010, 04:36 PM
Mega thoughts and prayers going out to all of you, Anna. You must be a nervous wreck. Roxey will be the calmest of all and she 'll do great!!!:)

Can't wait for the update.

dukedogsmom
11-16-2010, 06:41 PM
Stopping by to wish you all good luck on a successful surgery. I hope Roxey is feeling much better very soon! Give her some love from us all.

wanwan1007
11-16-2010, 09:45 PM
Just wanted to let you know that we are thinking about Roxey and have put out some extra prayers for her tonight. Looking to read the good report.

k9krazee
11-16-2010, 10:04 PM
Hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow! :love:

Mooshi
11-17-2010, 12:05 AM
Get well soon Roxy :love: Hope everything goes well for her and she has a long healthy life :love:

krazyaboutkatz
11-17-2010, 01:30 AM
I hope that everything goes well. My thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow.

anna_66
11-17-2010, 02:04 AM
Well here it is 2:54 am and I'm awake:rolleyes: Guess I'm just getting nervous about our visit to OSU.
I know things will be just fine and they'll do a good job. We've got the best surgeon at one of the best facilities so why am I so worried lol? Guess it's just what us moms do.

I thought I'd update as to what we've raised, and so far the total is up to $4085:D Only $915 away from our goal!
We have one angel who wants to remain anonymous send us $25 and another who's sent us $50 (thanks robinh!) and one more at my work donate $20 (a guy who works in the kitchen), plus my mom sent another $20. Everyone has given much more than I would have ever imagined and I am so totally overwhelmed by the generosity because I know money is tight for everyone.
I know there will come a day when I can pay it forward!

I :love: you all!

I'll update when I get home this evening.

robinh
11-17-2010, 05:25 AM
Will be thinking of all of you today. Hope Roxey comes through surgery well and has a rapid recovery.

Robin

RobiLee
11-17-2010, 06:04 AM
Awww, so sorry you couldn't sleep. I'll be thinking about you guys. I'll be at work so shoot me a text and let me know how things are going.

{{LOVE AND HUGS}}

CountryWolf07
11-17-2010, 09:08 AM
Thinking and praying for you today! Hope surgery goes well for Roxey. :)

cyber-sibes
11-17-2010, 09:42 AM
Holding good thoughts for Roxey's surgery, seeing angels guide the vets' hands as they work on her. : )

Bonny
11-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Good positive thoughts & prayers sent Roxey's way. :)

*LabLoverKEB*
11-17-2010, 12:15 PM
Good vibes, good thoughts, and lots of prayers headed towards your way for beautiful miss Roxey!!:love:

cassiesmom
11-17-2010, 04:51 PM
Good positive thoughts & prayers sent Roxey's way. :)

That goes for me, too! :)

Thinking of you this afternoon,
Elyse

wolf_Q
11-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Hope everything went well with Roxey's surgery!

Kfamr
11-17-2010, 05:43 PM
How is the pretty blue-eyed girl? Keeping you all in my thoughts.:love:

anna_66
11-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Well we didn't get home until around 7 pm(we left at 9 this morning:eek: ). Lots of waiting, but I understand why...lots of dogs there.
They did blood work and x-rays and said she wasn't a good canidate for the knee replacement so they are doing the TIBIAL PLATEAU LEVELING OSTEOTOMY or TPLO (http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_ruptured_anterior_cruciate_lig.html) (middle of the page) The surgeon said it would be a much better surgery for her. They'll be putting a steel plate in her leg with 6 screws.
We left her there and they are doing the surgery tomorrow morning. They've already called and told me she had dinner, pottied and is resting fine and not stressed out (that's my good girl!). They will be calling me before and after the surgery to let me know how things are going. This place really seems to care a lot about the animals. I know our girl is in good hands:)

Please continue to keep her in your thoughts and I'll update when I get more info.

dukedogsmom
11-17-2010, 10:18 PM
Good luck, Roxey! Fingers and paws crossed here for a very successful surgery :)

Grace
11-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Anna, I have found that University Vet School Hospitals are so much better than people hospitals when it comes to keeping patient's families informed.

Several years ago we had to take one of our cats, Grady, to Michigan State for repair of a badly fractured left femur. He was there just 48 hours, but in that time they called us at least 8 times - keeping us up to date on the surgery, etc.

We are so thankful that if needed, we are just 49 miles from MSU.

RobiLee
11-18-2010, 05:24 AM
I'll be thinking about you today, Miss Roxey. Lots of prayers going out for you.

Hang in there, Mom!

{{HUGS}}

chocolatepuppy
11-18-2010, 06:22 AM
Pawsitive thoughts and prayers that Roxy's surgery goes well. We had RB Mandy to Ohio State twice and were highly impressed.;)

anna_66
11-18-2010, 08:27 AM
Yep, I'm really impressed with them too. I don't think I'd hesitate to take any of our dogs back there again:)

Our student Jessica called me back this morning and let me know Roxey was still being good and has went out and pottied again and that they would be taking her into surgery soon (she's the first one). Then she said she'll call me sometime before noon and let me know how everything went.

So looking at the time now I'd say she's probably has already had her surgery and is in recovery.
I hope they call me before I have to be to work at 11:45. If not, I'll just to have to tell my tables they'll have to wait because my baby girl just got out of surgery:D

I'll keep you posted!

cyber-sibes
11-18-2010, 08:34 AM
Sending Sibe vibes & prayers for Roxey. I trust she'll do fine.

My cat, ChowChow, went to OSU vet clinic to have several inches of colon removed (blockage). It was our only option, as I was a single mom and couldn't afford to have our reg. vet do it. OSU agreed to do it because I had just been laid off & had time to do all the post-op care for him. They were wonderful! And ChowChow went on to enjoy another 10 years of life.

lizbud
11-18-2010, 09:39 AM
I hope Roxey is resting comfortably by now. Wow, the info you in the
link really explained the surgery quite well. It looks like the surgeon would
almost have to be an engineer as well as as a doctor. I know she is in great
hands & hope she recovers quickly, with no problems. (((Hugs))) to you both.

MonicanHonda
11-18-2010, 01:57 PM
Hope all went well!!! Can't wait for the update...

cassiesmom
11-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Just checking in for an update and hoping everything has gone well. :love:

robinh
11-18-2010, 03:20 PM
Just checking in to see if there is any news.

anna_66
11-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Everything went fine! She's even eaten!

Jessica said that everything went fine during and after the surgery. Also she's doing good with her e collar.
I am so relieved and can't wait to get my girl back home. She said I could come sometime after noon...I'll be there at noon:D
I keep finding myself being a nervous wreck. Maybe after this is all over I can finally calm down lol. And maybe Bon will be a little happier. This morning he wouldn't even look at me when I got ready to leave for work. Poor guy misses his girl.

I'll update tomorrow after we get home.

Thanks for all the good thoughts!

Kfamr
11-18-2010, 11:04 PM
Poor Bon Bon! I knew she'd do great. Give her some kisses from me tomorrow. :) :love:

Karen
11-18-2010, 11:11 PM
Awwwww, glad she did so well. Tell Roxey how much Bon missed her, even annoying kid brudders can grow up to be stalwart friends after all!

gini
11-19-2010, 12:05 AM
I just saw this thread...........Anna, I hope by now that Roxey is back home and Bon is happy - and you are whispering sweet nothings in Roxey's ear you are so happy she is home.

robinh
11-19-2010, 05:18 AM
So happy to hear it all went well. I'll bet she will be glad to get home too. Tell Bon his sister will be home soon. Poor guy.

wanwan1007
11-19-2010, 08:41 AM
So glad to hear a good report for Roxey. I kept peeking on the thread to hear a good report. Poor Bon. I'm sure everyone will be happy when she gets home.

lizbud
11-19-2010, 09:23 AM
So glad to hear that all went well for Roxey.:) She is such a good girl.
Sad boy Bon can fill her in on all that went on at home while she was away.

Rest well Roxey & get better soon.:)

cassiesmom
11-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Awww, Bon! (((HUGS))) for you from me. You missed your sisfur :love:

Yay, glad Roxey's surgery went fine! Very gentle (((HUGS))) for Roxey when she gets home.

anna_66
11-19-2010, 05:16 PM
We're home and Roxey is resting comfortably...although she'd rather be outside:rolleyes: She definately misses going out with the other dogs.

Ohhh how happy Bon and Huney were! There were even happy with me. I think Roxey was too. She gave me tons of kisses...enough for one for everyone of you! I also gave her a ton from all of you.

Roxey did great on the ride home, hardly even moved-after she finally got herself comfortable with that cone on;) She's not had it on since we've come home and *knock on wood* she hasn't been messing with the site. I'm afraid to remove the bandage. I just know she'll mess with it and I'll have to put the collar on again. It was funny watching her as we tried to leave the hospital, she kept running into the door with the collar lol.

I snapped a couple of pics on the ride home and a couple after we got home. I'll share more when she's rested up a bit.

Thank you again.. for everything.

lizbud
11-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the pictures. (You know us PT people & pictures):rolleyes::)

Bless her heart.:) I hope she sleeps good tonight & heals up quickly.

Mooshi
11-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Great to see her doing great and finally putting that surgery behind her and on the road of recovery and great health. Welcome home sweet Roxy and may you live a long healthy life pretty girl :love:

cyber-sibes
11-19-2010, 08:46 PM
So happy she's home & doing well so far. Kisses to her from me!

krazyaboutkatz
11-19-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm so glad to hear that her surgery went well and that she's now home and resting.:) I hope her recovery will go smoothly too.:)

K9karen
11-19-2010, 10:24 PM
*HI ROX!!!* (waves)! I was so happy to see your beautiful face and awesome blue eyes! Logan says *ewwww, yuk and ick* about the cone but sometimes mommies know best. And, for sure, Cody is looking down from RB, a tad jealous that you just got a bandage and he got CASTS!!! We're all so glad your surgery is over and you're on the road to a quick recovery! Thanks for the yummy kisses. I'm still sending some over to you!!!!

anna_66
11-20-2010, 07:34 AM
Night 1-cone and kennel not a success lol.
She woke me up at about 2am banging around trying to get comfortable. This went on for at least 10 min so I finally got up, let her out to potty then put her in the bedroom with us. I left the cone off hoping my super "mom" ears would hear if she started licking. Luckily she slept until around 6am before she started to lick. So, we all got up, pottied again and I laid on the couch for a couple hours. Unfortunately not much sleep though. Oh well...Mark will be up soon and I can take a nap:D

She's a little sore at me for not letting her outside with everyone else and has only tried to sneak past me once. I've been letting her out the front in hopes that she'll get used to that and not be too upset...yeah right:p
I've added a picture of what she does when the others go outside and one of her back where they shaved her to give her the epidural. And for some reason they shaved the bottom of one of her feet too:confused:

Luckily she doesn't seem any much pain and is getting around very well.

Hope you all don't mind all the updates I'll be giving.

chocolatepuppy
11-20-2010, 08:04 AM
Anna, keeping them from playing is tough! I used to count the days, not ahead, but how many we made it through.;) Good Luck. :) Why is Roxey shaved on her back?:confused:

Karen
11-20-2010, 08:17 AM
So glad she is home, and of course we do not mind frequent updates - in fact we encourage them! Her shaved leg looks so skinny! Love the picture of her with "Daddy," too!

lizbud
11-20-2010, 09:35 AM
I am happy to get updates, would just worry if we didn't get any.:)
Have you tried taking Roxey out with the others on a leash? Or would the
others just try to get her to play with them? I'm glad she doesn't seem to
have any pain. Get well soon Roxey.:)

ps. The picture of Roxey & Mark is sooo sweet.:)

gemini9961
11-20-2010, 10:52 AM
And for some reason they shaved the bottom of one of her feet too:confused:

My guess is she had an IV in for fluids while under anesthesia. I'm so happy she is doing so well. Rest up Roxey so you can go outside with Bon and Huney.

anna_66
11-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Anna, keeping them from playing is tough! I used to count the days, not ahead, but how many we made it through.;) Good Luck. :) Why is Roxey shaved on her back?:confused:

Good way to think of it!
The shaved spot is from the epidural.

ChrisH
11-20-2010, 12:41 PM
So pleased to hear all went well for the gorgeous Roxey and she is doing good. :D
Thanks for the pics.

Hope you all don't mind all the updates I'll be giving.
As if!!

Sending {{hugs}} all round.

RobiLee
11-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Keep the updates coming and the pics! The one of daddy with his girl is so sweet. Give her lots of hugs and kisses from me. :love:

MonicanHonda
11-20-2010, 02:02 PM
I am so glad she is alright. :) What if you went and bought one of the cones that is soft or one of the bubble ones around the neck?

http://www.petco.com/product/108491/All-Four-Paws-Black-Comfy-Cone.aspx

or

http://reviews.petsmart.com/4830/3185093/procollar-inflatable-elizabethan-collar-for-dogs-reviews/reviews.htm

cyber-sibes
11-20-2010, 11:34 PM
Awww, that is so sweet - she's really soaking up daddy's lovin.

Taz_Zoee
11-21-2010, 12:20 AM
I'm not sure if I've posted on this thread, but I have been checking it often. I'm so glad to hear she is home and doing well. :)

wanwan1007
11-22-2010, 12:12 AM
Please keep the post coming. We all want to know how she is doing as well as you. Who else understands how we feel about our fur babies?

cassiesmom
11-22-2010, 02:43 PM
I am just here checking in again. Hope that all is still going well! (((HUGS))) for Bon, Roxey and Huney!

anna_66
11-23-2010, 06:06 AM
Well so far so good. As of now, she is being the best girl ever!
She's still not been bothering her stitches...another *knock on wood* for good luck, but maybe it's not been enough time to start itching.
She's also been wonderful about staying in the house while the others go out. OK, so I know it's only been 4 days since she's been home but still! Now if she can only be good like this for 7 1/2 more weeks:p
She's been putting minimal amoumt of weight on her leg like to lean or something and every once in a while she'll try to use it when she walks. They did say it would take 4-5 days before she started using it, so it sounds like we're right on track.

I got a little video of her outside walking on Sunday. I swear that girl would run if I would let her:eek:

Just had to add this cute little picture of her and Bon...he loves his sister. Mark says he just loves his bed:D

robinh
11-23-2010, 07:26 AM
Wow, she looks like she's doing really well. I can hear what sounds like Bon and Simba in the background. Roxey does really well at restraining herself from running over to them.

Love the shot of Bon and Roxey. Very cute.

lizbud
11-23-2010, 08:46 AM
Good girl Roxey.:) Looks like she is doing very well with her walking
and it's only been a few days. I hope this continues for her. She's a real
trooper.:)

cyber-sibes
11-23-2010, 09:12 AM
Aw, such a sweet picture! Gentle scritches to Roxey, and hoping she continues to do well.

ChrisH
11-23-2010, 12:39 PM
Thanks for update, picture & video Anna.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/thumb.gif And yes, she sure looks ready to run in the video. :) Lovely to see her walking about, and that is such a sweet picture of her and Bon.

krazyaboutkatz
11-24-2010, 12:34 AM
She looks great and I'm glad to hear that she's doing so well.:) The picture of her and Bon is adorable.:)

chocolatepuppy
11-24-2010, 06:53 AM
Looking good Roxey!:cool:

wanwan1007
11-24-2010, 06:48 PM
Aw sweet Roxey. We expect nothing than good behavior from her. We are so Thankful she is home and doing well. Sending prayers of speedy recovery her way.

anna_66
11-28-2010, 06:54 PM
No licking so therefore no cone! Not even once has she had to wear it since she came home. That makes both of us happy:D
She will be getting her stitches out tomorrow (11 days since surgery) as long as the vet thinks it all looks good. I think it looks great!
She took the last of her antibiotics this morning and she's done with the Zubrin. She doesn't seem to be in any pain, and of course she's still limping when she walks. But it's going great. She still wants to run...7 more weeks and she can run all she wants:D

anna_66
11-29-2010, 09:16 AM
Doc took the stitches out and said she's looking great! That's awesome:D

cassiesmom
11-29-2010, 11:28 AM
Yay, Roxey! I am so glad you are doing great! This news makes me happy on a cloudy day. It won't be much longer now till you are able to run again. More (((HUGS))) for Roxey, Bon and Huney!

krazyaboutkatz
11-29-2010, 11:31 AM
She looks great and I'm so glad to hear that she's doing so well.:) I hope that the rest of her reocovery will go smoothly.:)

lizbud
11-29-2010, 12:29 PM
Looks like the wound is healing very well. Good girl Roxey for no licking.:)

She could serve as a model patient for the Dr's surgery practice.:)

cyber-sibes
11-29-2010, 12:48 PM
She's such a good gorl! so glad everything is going well for her. :)

wanwan1007
11-29-2010, 09:15 PM

Woo Hoo, great news. Go Roxey, Go Roxey, Go Rozey:D:D:D

K9karen
11-29-2010, 10:08 PM
YAY! What wonderful news! What a good, good girl Roxey! Counting down 'til RUN DAY! A gazillion hugs and kisses and lots of :love::love::love:

Daisy and Delilah
11-29-2010, 11:28 PM
Yay, Roxey! I am so glad you are doing great! This news makes me happy on a cloudy day. It won't be much longer now till you are able to run again. More (((HUGS))) for Roxey, Bon and Huney!

I agree with Elyse!! Well said! Prayers going out to Roxey and family.:)

RobiLee
11-30-2010, 04:27 AM
So glad the stitches are out and she is healing up so nicely. What a wonderful little patient she is. Give all the furbabies some hugs from me :love:

finn's mom
11-30-2010, 05:05 AM
I hardly come here anymore, but I just happened to stop by and see this thread! What an ordeal, I'm glad she is recovering so well! She's a beautiful girl, I'm sure she'll be happy to run again! Way to go, Roxey!

ChrisH
11-30-2010, 05:29 AM
No licking so therefore no cone! Not even once has she had to wear it since she came home. That makes both of us happy:D
She will be getting her stitches out tomorrow (11 days since surgery) as long as the vet thinks it all looks good. I think it looks great!
She took the last of her antibiotics this morning and she's done with the Zubrin. She doesn't seem to be in any pain, and of course she's still limping when she walks. But it's going great. She still wants to run...7 more weeks and she can run all she wants:D

What great updates!
No licking, no cone, stitches out and looking great. Awesome indeed!! :D Sending lots of hugs & kisses for your beautiful good girl.

chocolatepuppy
11-30-2010, 06:26 AM
Good to hear Roxey is doing well!:D Anna, my pups(and cats), through all of their spay/neuters never had to wear a cone, never really bothered their incisons! Even Lacey with three ACL surgeries never did. Guess that's good luck!;)

anna_66
11-30-2010, 07:48 AM
Good to hear Roxey is doing well!:D Anna, my pups(and cats), through all of their spay/neuters never had to wear a cone, never really bothered their incisons! Even Lacey with three ACL surgeries never did. Guess that's good luck!;)

That's awesome!

Thanks everyone. Lots of hugs and kisses given.
I can't say enough how good she's been through this whole ordeal. I swear it's like she knows everything we say to her...she's so smart!
We've had a few sunny but cool days and those are her favorite. So Mark put up the small outdoor kennel we have (maybe 4'x6') and she lays in that for a little bit and suns:D

ramanth
11-30-2010, 09:49 AM
Yay!!! :D

anna_66
12-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Tomorrow will be 6 weeks down and she's doing good. I'm still not happy that she limps some when she gets up but maybe that's just because it's not totally healed.
She goes Monday for her 6 week x-ray to make sure everything is healing right. I really hope so, this girl is ready to play in the snow:D

lizbud
12-29-2010, 04:53 PM
It's like you read my mind Anna. I was just thinking about Roxey last night
and wondering how she was getting along.:) I hope the limp is just a temporary
thing & the more she's allowed to use the leg, the better she'll be.

You'll let us know how it goes after the Vet visit Monday, ok? Big hug for
that beautiful girl.:)

cassiesmom
12-29-2010, 05:10 PM
Hi, beautiful Roxey! I hope you get to play in the snow very soon! Another big hug for you from me.

robinh
12-29-2010, 05:31 PM
Gawd, she's so pretty. Hope she continues to get better and better every day.

chocolatepuppy
12-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Good luck with the vets Roxey! Time to play in the snow!:D

krazyaboutkatz
12-29-2010, 07:34 PM
I hope that everything goes well so Roxey can finally go out and play in the snow. Good luck.:)

anna_66
12-30-2010, 10:04 AM
Thanks everyone. I will definately update after the vet visit:)

And Robin, I agree...she is a looker!

anna_66
01-03-2011, 08:59 AM
I just dropped her off at the vets. They say they may sedate her so say a little prayer that things go well. It always makes me leary when they go under.
I'll update when I get home tonight.

MonicanHonda
01-03-2011, 09:50 AM
*Prayers for Roxey!*

cyber-sibes
01-03-2011, 10:22 AM
paws crossed fur Roxey!

Cincy'sMom
01-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Hope things went well at the vet's for Roxey!

anna_66
01-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Roxey did just fine. She's still a little sedated and sleeping now.

Her x-rays were sent to OSU, so we're waiting to hear what the dr says. Our vet says things look like they're healing nicely and the limping when she first gets up will probably be something normal for her.

I'll be sure to update again after we hear from OSU.

She looks so cute drugged ;)

RobiLee
01-03-2011, 08:00 PM
It's good to hear that things went ok today. Hoping to hear some more good news from the doctor. Give that sweet husky girl some love and hugs from me. Aww, heck, while you are at it, give her a big ol' kiss too!!

Love ya, Roxey!!!!

Mooshi
01-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Glad to hear things went ok and that brave girl is on her way to a speedy recovery and a long healthy life. Roxy will always have a special place in my heart :love:

cyber-sibes
01-04-2011, 04:37 PM
She looks so cute drugged ;)
:D Yes, she does! Hugs & snootier kisses to her!

cassiesmom
01-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Big (((HUGS)))) for beautiful Roxey and her mom!

anna_66
01-06-2011, 09:15 AM
Roxy will always have a special place in my heart :love:

And you in ours:love:

I talked to the office last night and word from the surgeon was things are looking great. She can have longer walks now and in 4 weeks she can be off leash.
Gosh, I was thinking it was only 1 more week before she was off leash...what was I thinking:o
At least everything looks good!

wolf_Q
01-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Glad to hear that Roxey is healing well! My pups are wishing her a speedy recovery, in the meantime, they will play in the snow in her honor. ;) Lots of love to Roxey! :love:

anna_66
01-07-2011, 06:37 AM
Thanks Amy. I'm sure your pups playing for her will make her feel much better ;)

We actually got some snowfall yesterday and I couldn't hardly contain her on the leash when we went out, she just wanted to PLAY!

4 weeks and counting!