PDA

View Full Version : You Tube/Google?

Laura's Babies
10-17-2010, 08:41 PM
I just tried to get into my You Tube Account and it is telling me I need a Goggle account to get in it now. Anyone else here have a you tube account and has the same thing happen.. It won't let me watch ANY video's logged into you tube but I can watch all I want logged out. WHAT is the deal with that?

Freedom
10-17-2010, 08:45 PM
I just went to youtube, logged in.

A screen came up saying I COULD link to a Google account. At the bottom, it said "remind me later" or something like that. I clicked on that, and I was in.

Does this help you, Laura?

Vette
10-17-2010, 09:32 PM
I just keep skipping when mine asks for the Goggle thing too

Laura's Babies
10-18-2010, 07:28 AM
What is the deal with that? Has Google lost so much that they have to resort to doing stuff like that?

Freedom
10-18-2010, 07:52 AM
Chill, Laura, it is advertisement, lol!!!

Laura's Babies
10-18-2010, 08:31 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/YouTube.jpg

This is what I get when I go there, there is nothing else on that page. The ONLY choice I am offered is to log out! Is what the rest of you are getting looking like this or are you getting something else?

You will no longer be able to sign in to YouTube without a Google Account.
If you do not want to link this YouTube account, you can sign out here.

If I click on ANYTHING, it does not do anything like the page is dead, upload. Browse, My Account, nothing works... the only thing that works is sign out..

Go read some of this...
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=why+can%27t+I+get+into+my+You+Tube+accoun t+without+signing+up+with+Google%3F&fr=chr-tyc8

happylabs
10-18-2010, 09:41 AM
I had trouble with Youtube yesterday and was getting very frustrated. I must have clicked on the same thing you did because it kept bringing up Google. I don't remember now how I got around it but I was irritated. :eek:

Laura's Babies
10-18-2010, 10:10 AM
From what I have been reading, we will not get back on YT until we make those accounts with google and then it isn't guranteed, it just runs you around in circles and you never get in.. A glitch I am sure but I have never liked google and do not want to make any accounts with them. I will be looking for somewhere else to upload my video's..

Catty1
10-18-2010, 11:25 AM
I use Google Mail (gmail) and the Blog. Never had any trouble...

Though it's easy to get the feeling that Google is a multinational that is 'taking over' the web. LOL

CountryWolf07
10-18-2010, 11:32 AM
I have no problems with Google/YouTube. I use Gmail so I sign in with that account. Not a big deal. :)

Catty1
10-18-2010, 11:36 AM
I found this...but then, you have to log IN to your account to do it, right? Likely not helpful.

I finally found the answer:
You can unmerge your accounts by going to your account settings, and at the bottom left, there should be a tab called "Manage Account." From there you can unlink the accounts.

For what it's worth, Laura, Gmail has an excellent spam filter - 99.9% of it goes straight to the Spam folder.

CountryWolf07
10-18-2010, 03:09 PM
I found this...but then, you have to log IN to your account to do it, right? Likely not helpful.

For what it's worth, Laura, Gmail has an excellent spam filter - 99.9% of it goes straight to the Spam folder.

Yes, and also they informed me the IP addresses and the times/dates when my account was hacked into last month for the money scam. I was also able to get access back easily and they did a VERY good job and very quick at doing so.