PDA

View Full Version : IMOM may have to close their doors

kuhio98
10-17-2010, 10:50 AM
Please crosspost.

IMOM is closed at the moment. They are in desperate need of volunteers so that they can continue to help pets receive medical treatment. If you can help, in any way, please check out their website and read their volunteer information: http://www.imom.org/volunteer.htm

IMOM (In Memory of Magic) was founded in 1998.
http://www.imom.org/

Community Forum: http://www.imom.org/community/index.php

Message from Jacki - IMOM Founder:
Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:13 AM

Until we can get a new volunteer staff together, we will not be accepting any new applications. If we cannot get some new, serious, volunteers we will have no choice but to permanently close our doors.

We simply cannot continue the way we have been going. Every single one of us is stretched to the absolute max.

This really breaks my heart but we have no other choice.

If you are serious and would like to join our team, http://www.imom.org/volunteer.htm Please do not apply unless you intend to follow through.

IMOM is a wonderful volunteer foundation. They have helped thousands of pets since they opened their doors in 1998. http://www.imom.org/corp/financials.htm

General fund (GF)

1998 ~ 2009
Total pets for GF = 1542
Spent = $1,040,591

Pets with diabetes

1998 ~ 2009
Total pets with diabetes = 145
Funds spent $200,642

Pets with CRF

1998 ~ 2009
Total pets with CRF = 61
Funds spent = $51,591

Pets with visual impairments

1998 ~ 2009
Total pets with visual impairments = 59
Total funds spent = $47,211

kuhio98
10-17-2010, 09:31 PM
From IMOM's volunteer webpage:

*NOTE - if you would like to speak to someone at IMOM before completing a volunteer application you may call our answering service and leave your name and phone number. Please let us know you are calling about a volunteer position as we do not normally return calls except to veterinary professionals. 1-866-230-2164

Basic qualifications:
All IMOM volunteers must possess a strong desire to help companion animals and their caretakers.

All of the work we do at IMOM is accomplished on the internet so you'll need to be pretty internet savvy and very proficient in using a computer.

You must have a basic knowledge of how our financial aid program works. You can learn by reading the information on our site as if you were going to apply for financial aid.

Applicant must be able to compose an email using proper grammar and punctuation.

Applicant must be familiar with gmail or willing to learn.

As an IMOM volunteer you must be available to check email on a daily basis and be able to devote a minimum of one full day each week.

The General Fund Committee (GF)
Being a part of IMOM's GF Committee might well be the most demanding and emotional volunteer work you've ever done. However it will be the most rewarding volunteer work you've ever done.

Just about everything we do on the GF Committee is time sensitive. There is an animal who is suffering and it is up to us to get them the veterinary care they need as quickly and efficiently as possible.

What's involved?
Team work!

Basically, GF committee volunteers will review and process applications for financial aid. It's a very involved process and requires organizational skills and decision making skills.

Time commitment
As an IMOM volunteer you must be available to check email on a daily basis and be able to devote a minimum of one full day each week.

The Spay/Neuter Committee
The s/n committee is not nearly as demanding as the general committee but equally as important and rewarding.

What's involved?
If your application is accepted you will be joining a team of dedicated volunteers who want to help insure that all pets are spayed and neutered. IMOM will remove the money barrier that prevents people from having their pets s/n. We will also educate on the health risks for intact animals.

Catty1
10-18-2010, 08:52 AM
I posted the first bit on my FB Wall and asked people to crosspost, especially if they live in that area.

Hope they get some response!

kuhio98
10-18-2010, 11:22 AM
I posted the first bit on my FB Wall and asked people to crosspost, especially if they live in that area.

Hope they get some response!

Thanks Candace.
IMOM is all computer and phone work. So you can work from your home. You don't need to live near New Jersey to be a volunteer.

The current volunteers are from New Jersey, Tennessee, California, Wisconsin
Illinois, and Colorado

Unfortunately, I don't believe IMOM has expanded to Canada at this point.

Catty1
10-18-2010, 11:23 AM
NP - I do have a number of FB friends that are in the USA. So hopefully they will pick up on this.:love:

kuhio98
10-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Thanks everyone ~ Your efforts are working!

IMOM has several volunteers-in-training. I really appreciate you all cross-posting.

Hi there! I'm new to IMOM and am a volunteer in training!

My name is Rachel and I currently live in Central Texas, with my husband, two boys and one furry child too . I'm posting a picture of our Gabby, she's a poodle mix (who looks quite a bit more like a poodle at the moment than in this picture).

I am very much looking forward to getting to know the community here at IMOM.

See ya'll soon!

I am Terry from chicago,Il area. I am a volunteer-in-training. I hope to help IMOM get back on track and grow the volunteer base again. I love animals and enjoy helping people. I have 2 cats and 4 rabbits.

Hi everyone!

I am new around here at IMOM, in hopes to be a new Volunteer! I have two wonderful kitties who are my Babies. Mr Precious and Sierra. My life seems to revolve around them a majority of the time.

Hope to be able to help here at IMOM in the future.