PDA

View Full Version : I need a Photoshop type program

happylabs
10-14-2010, 03:04 PM
Can anyone suggest a photoshop type program for me to purchase? I used to have on an old computer a program that you could cut around an object in a picture or graphic and place it into another graphic or picture.

I am wanting to make a Christmas card this year with a Christmas tree and somehow cut and paste each of my kitties from a photo under or around the tree.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Alysser
10-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Paint Shop Pro, whatever new programs they have recently come out with. I had that for Dell Edition and it was awesome, Photoshop is way too much money. :p But I'd go for Paint Shop Pro, if you don't want to spend too much you could look for older versions of PSP on ebay or something.

aTailOf2Kitties
10-14-2010, 04:38 PM
you can do that with MS Paint too, but it's not as precise as PhotoShop is

happylabs
10-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Paint Shop Pro, whatever new programs they have recently come out with. I had that for Dell Edition and it was awesome, Photoshop is way too much money. :p But I'd go for Paint Shop Pro, if you don't want to spend too much you could look for older versions of PSP on ebay or something.

That is an excellent idea! I never even thought to check Ebay. I just checked there and there are a bunch of different versions. I am not sure which one to choose. I have a Toshiba laptop right now.

Catlady711
10-14-2010, 08:05 PM

I had the Dell version as well, loved it, then upgraded to the Corel Paint Shop Pro Studio X2 for just under $100. I also use it on a Toshiba Laptop as well as my regular desktop. It does many, many things my dad's $600 full Photo Shop does for a LOT less money, and mine didn't require classes to learn how to run it either.:p

The newest version they have out now is the X3 (one version up from mine). I'd highly reccomend it based on ease of use, price, and ability to do lots of things Photo Shop does.

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Product/1184951547051#versionTabview=tab0&tabview=tab0

http://www.corel.com/futuretense_cs/ccurl/794/986/bs_PSPX3pro_lg.jpg