PDA

View Full Version : Random Cat Thoughts

Null
10-14-2010, 01:48 AM
Tonight I gave my cat Leela some cat treats, for the usual reason (none at all). As I scattered them from my palm, I noted that she seemed to be really interested in those that rolled away...she looked as if they might be prey!

This started me thinking. Wouldn't it be great if cat-treat makers could make cat treats with little (totally organic and digestible) motors in them, so that the treats could wiggle and wobble and behave like things that cats would naturally pounce upon? The cats would eat them like crazy, sales would go through the roof, owners would find their humans being more pleased, and OH DAMN IT I've given away another multi-million idea, haven't I? Oh dear, no wonder I'm poor and all.

Post random cat fanciful thoughts here, please!

happylabs
10-14-2010, 07:40 AM
Or flying ones like moths. Tinky loves moths. She will sit and stare at the ceiling for hours waiting for one to come along. Only occasionally will one get inside the house but she never gives up.

You sound like you are on a roll. Can you come up with a way to teach cats to clean their own litter box and dispose of the contents? :D

Freedom
10-14-2010, 08:03 AM
LOL this reminded me . . . you've seen those treat balls? Round knobby ball, small hole in one end, you put treats in it? The knobs ensure the ball doesn't roll in a straight line.

When Sparkle was a hefty 18 pounds, my vet recommended I get her one. Took her less than 5 minutes to figure it out. Lie down, hold it with front paw, rotate part way forward and back, lean forward and eat treat. Rotate part way forward and back, eat treat.

Not exactly what the vet had in mind, ha haaa!

Sonia59
10-14-2010, 08:34 AM
LOL this reminded me . . . you've seen those treat balls? Round knobby ball, small hole in one end, you put treats in it?

Exactly! I used a home-mad version of it for Peppito because he was eating too fast. It was a cylindric plastic box (tube) in which I made holes. He loved hunting his kibbles and learned to eat them one by one. :)

catmandu
10-14-2010, 09:44 AM
I got the new Whiska Treats , the Functional Ones as I had two BOGO Coupons. They just love them, and I will have to try rolling one to see if they will chase!!!:love::love::love:

mrspunkysmom
10-14-2010, 08:35 PM
I throw their treats down the hall and make them run. Loads of fun.

dehlers43
10-14-2010, 11:56 PM
Franklin has to do his "tricks" before he gets any treats...even then I hide it under my hand so he has to work to get it.... :)

cassiesmom
10-18-2010, 08:36 PM
I think my meowmie should stay home with meeeeee!!!

Purrs,
Cassie

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=16&pictureid=1075

cassiesmom
08-08-2018, 01:43 PM
Today is World Cat Day! Go to www.bing.com and see the kitty picture! Elebenty zillion hugs and lovies to all the PT kitties!

phesina
08-08-2018, 04:46 PM
Congratulations and Celebrations to all Kitties around the World AND the kitty Angels at the Rainbow Bridge too, and to all the people who love them!!!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

cats4ever
08-08-2018, 06:04 PM
:love:All the best to all the kitties around the world!:love:

mon
08-08-2018, 06:54 PM
I love all cats and I cannot lie!

mon
08-08-2018, 07:06 PM
Or flying ones like moths. Tinky loves moths. She will sit and stare at the ceiling for hours waiting for one to come along. Only occasionally will one get inside the house but she never gives up.

You sound like you are on a roll. Can you come up with a way to teach cats to clean their own litter box and dispose of the contents? :D

Flying Temptations!!! OMG! My cats would love it ❤️ 👍🏿 That's doable, I'd pay for those. As for cleaning the litter, if they could ... they might, but probably no. They have spent a lot of years training peeps to do it, why bother now.

mon
08-08-2018, 07:07 PM
LOL this reminded me . . . you've seen those treat balls? Round knobby ball, small hole in one end, you put treats in it? The knobs ensure the ball doesn't roll in a straight line.

When Sparkle was a hefty 18 pounds, my vet recommended I get her one. Took her less than 5 minutes to figure it out. Lie down, hold it with front paw, rotate part way forward and back, lean forward and eat treat. Rotate part way forward and back, eat treat.

Not exactly what the vet had in mind, ha haaa!

Clever and hungry Sparkle laughed at that trick!!

cassiesmom
08-09-2018, 12:04 PM
I think my meowmie should stay home with meeeeee!!!

Purrs,
Cassie

Oh, Cassie girl... what I wouldn't give to have those days back again. :(

cassiesmom
07-08-2019, 07:25 PM
You might know of BenBen CatCat from the Internet, especially Instagram. He is a ginger kitty with a sweet sad face. He is very happy, though! He has a brother named Norman, also a ginger kitty, who has cerebellar hypoplasia. BenBen and Norman have a new kitty sister! Her name is Delilah and she too has CH. She is about 10 weeks old. Here's a video.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzqd0xannbE/

Here's BenBen at CatCon.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzTkKc9H2l9/

mon
07-08-2019, 09:46 PM
What's wrong with Ben Ben? 😶

cassiesmom
07-09-2019, 12:44 AM
He was a stray and apparently a wild animal attacked him. He had broken vertebrae and the veterinarian who first treated him was not sure if he would walk. But he does :) I’m not sure what happened to his left ear. From what i have read, he is 3-4 years old. His Instagram posts always make me smile!

mon
07-09-2019, 02:15 PM
Wow, that's pretty brutal. Breaks my heart the state BenBens in. I would probably be carrying the little fellow around all day long 😻😍

cassiesmom
08-08-2019, 11:49 PM
I saw on the news that August 8 is International Cat Day! So- love to all the PT kitties! :love:
(p.s.: I’m sure Cassie is giving ankle hugs and requesting lovies up at the Bridge today. I miss her.)

phesina
08-09-2019, 06:30 AM
Thank you, Elyse and Cassie Angel! And a happy International Cat Day to you and all our PT friends from us, too!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Sparkler and Galaxy and Pat

Randi
08-09-2019, 02:05 PM
Love, fun and treats to all kitties in the world... today and every day! :love: :love: :love:

cassiesmom
08-17-2020, 01:25 AM
August 17 is Black Cat Appreciation Day ... I read this on Twitter via @NationalDayCalendar. So, hugs and love to all the PT blackie kitties! (And all the other PT kitties too!)