PDA

View Full Version : Fostering kittens, help?

Katelf
10-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Hi folks,
My brother's cat had kittens (I've talked to him about getting her spayed, believe me), and I want to help him place them. He lives in a small town, so I'm going to take them on as a project for placement.

There are five of them, sweet as little pies. I want one, sigh.

Any tips on placing them? All help most appreciated. Thanks :love:

Karen
10-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Charge a small fee - that scares off lots of people who might want them for nefarious reasons.

If you list them online, be prepared to ask lots of questions - inside only, no declawing, etc. if that's important to you, ask them to sign a contract to encourage them to spay and neuter ...

catmandu
10-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Karen is 199 % correct. The problem with this free to good homes Kittens is taht they end up many times with people who will not neuter or spay them, and that they end up having more Kittens themselves.
If they go to a shelter then sadly some Mature Cats are PTS to make room for them.
I pray that these Sweet Little Faces will find responsible homes and your brother or you will have that poor Momma cat spayed so there are no more littters.

lvpets2002
10-13-2010, 03:31 PM
:) I so agree 100%.. They are all such Cutie Pies.. I would think they should all find good homes soon..

Charge a small fee - that scares off lots of people who might want them for nefarious reasons.

If you list them online, be prepared to ask lots of questions - inside only, no declawing, etc. if that's important to you, ask them to sign a contract to encourage them to spay and neuter ...

Katelf
10-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Thanks for your replies. That is my wish also, that the momma has herself spayed. I'm going to see if I can help my bro out with that, cost wise.

Thanks.

moosmom
10-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Have the kittens get their first set of age appropriate shots. If they're less than 6 months old, they'll need everything else till they're 6 months, then they get rabies. Charge a fee. Base it on what it cost you at the vet. Show them the breakdown of fees. This way they can't complain about the cost, cuz it's what they would've had to come up with out of their own pockets.

Call the town ACO where you live and ask if he has a list of low cost spay/neuter clinics available.

Call the Department of Agriculture and see if there are low cost spay/neuter certificates available to you. I know here in the USA, that's what is available to us.

Good luck.

Medusa
10-13-2010, 04:44 PM
What Donna said. :) They sure are adorable. I'm sure glad I'm not in your neighborhood or I'd have a couple of newbies added to my Fur Posse. :love:

Katelf
10-13-2010, 05:31 PM
Sending kittens your way, Mary :D

Katelf
10-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Wow, it's raining kittens here in my home town. A co-worker just emailed me that her daughter and son-in-law are caring for a feral mom and her five kittens on their back porch. I'm heartbroken. I have offered to help pay for an agency to come and take them to be adopted. I can't imagine TEN kittens in my house LOL> :eek:

Though... think of the fun! :love:

Laura's Babies
10-15-2010, 08:41 PM
They are SO cute!!!!!!

columbine
10-15-2010, 11:00 PM
OOOOOO, what precious little fuzznuggets! :love: I just want to pick them all up and kiss their noses and feel them wiggle.

Love, Columbine