PDA

View Full Version : Buddy's very own personal drinking fountain...

moosmom
10-11-2010, 10:03 AM
I have a $60 Drinkwell fountain in my kitchen. Where does Buddy choose to get his "sippy"??? Right here...
http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab18/deploss/Buddy001-1.jpg?t=1286809229

Catty1
10-11-2010, 10:16 AM
LOL...must be a cat!

Is that the "bad ass" I've heard so much about? :D

astrid
10-11-2010, 11:07 AM
but of course!!! what were you expecting??!! :rolleyes::D

Karen
10-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Why use the fountain when you can drink from the source? ;)

Spoiled? Says who? ;)

cassiesmom
10-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Buddy, you are so funny! I like your white and orange coat!

Freedom
10-11-2010, 12:01 PM
:d

GILL
10-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Hay Donna welcome to my world. Timmy dose the same thing, we ahve 2 large dog bowls and a large and a med. foutain in the back room (TV and Bathrooms) If you use that bathroom he will follow and sit on the vanity waiting for you to start the fawcett. We now keep a small bowl in the vanity sink so he can drink from the fawcett or the bowl. If that bowl is not filled he will pull it out on to the floor. Then wait untill you turn on the fawcett.
Gotta love them.

Catlady711
10-11-2010, 12:22 PM
LOL Typical cat. Kinda like they prefer the wrapper their toys come in over the toys. :)

Taz_Zoee
10-11-2010, 12:34 PM
LOL!! I have just created this same monster at my house this weekend. And if I turn the water off he just lays in the sink and stalks anyone that comes into the bathroom.
In fact, I will be posting pictures similar to this in his thread. Since I promised new pictures in the counter surfing thread.

Maybe it's a boy thing? LOL

katladyd
10-11-2010, 12:54 PM
My boyfriend's RB kitty, Tomas, used to drink out of the faucet only. He wouldn't touch a water bowl. It very well could be a guy thing, though my two will get a drink from anywhere!:D

catmandu
10-11-2010, 01:40 PM
I have two Drinkwell , but what the Found Cats really like is drinking from some stainless steel mixing bowls that I bought many years ago.
They are a high quality and have lasted quite a while.
Way to Go Buddy, you are showing that after all You are a CAT and must have your way!!!!

Laura's Babies
10-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Chester always only drank from the faucet too. It must BE a "boy" thing.. I always wondered if I got him one of those fountians if he would use it.. now I know!

moosmom
10-11-2010, 02:50 PM
I actually have bowls in the bathroom and kitchen sinks as well as the fountain. At least I know they're getting their water.

Buddy used to tip his bowls over. That's why I put them in the sinks. No place to go but down.:D

momcat
10-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Buddy spoiled? Says who? He's a cat and therefore can do whatever he wants in his house! Scritchies and lovies being sent for BA Buddy! :love:

Sonia59
10-11-2010, 03:52 PM
I just realize how much cats are ruling in my house: it just never came to my mind that a cat could be considered as spoiled for this reason :D:rolleyes::D

Peppito loves drinking from the bathtub... as well as he loves dirty water in the garden :confused:
You should see me when he is begging for me to hold him and put him in the bath, then scratching his head for 5 minutes before he decides he received enough care and he can finally drink :rolleyes:

cassiesmom
08-05-2011, 12:17 PM
I adopted B@D @$$ Buddy to a guy named Hal, who wanted to mold him into his beloved RB kitty. Well, BAB wound up being swatted with a newspaper (he would cower whenever hal picked one up) and OVER squirted for doing what what comes naturally, wanting to be high up!!! BAB would knock stuff off the mantle, scratch in inappropriate places (he had NOT cat scratcher!!). After 6 months, I pulled Buddy. He's now at my house, happy as a clam!!!

Moosmom-- could you please give your high-up loving, tap-drinking, clam-happy Buddy a hug and a snuggle for me? i didn't know that he had another home for awhile before he came to you.

Do you think he likes to drink from the tap because it's up off the floor?

My sister's cat liked to sit on the bathroom counter. He wouldn't sit on the kitchen counter or the dining room table, just the bathroom counter. She figured out that it was because he could look down from there or also look out of the window. There was a tree outside their bathroom window so he would watch birds, falling leaves, snow flakes and whatever else was going on outside.

Thanks,
elyse

Malibu's Mom
08-05-2011, 04:25 PM
Ha. Of course he wants to drink out of the sink! Why would you expect anything else?? ;) There's a drip outside that we've been catching with buckets. We bring the buckets inside and use them around the house for things. Everybody loves the bucket water! Chance gets first dibs and then the cats take turns. I have a CatIt fountain that I stopped using entirely because nobody was drinking out of it all. Go figure... :rolleyes:

Give Buddy a kiss from me, please! :)