PDA

View Full Version : In Loving Memory of Joan Vadakin Ploss 1929-1973

moosmom
10-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Today is the 37th anniversary of my Mom's passing. She was just 44 years old (I was 19) and died of lung cancer (she was a heavy smoker) that went up to her brain.

Mom,

I think about you every single day. The day they took you out of the house on an ambulance stretcher as you moaned in pain is still very fresh in my memory. I never got to say "good-bye" and "I love you". That is the one regret I will always have in my life.

Give Daddy a big kiss for me and a skritch for Tiggs. I'm sure Daddy is sitting in his recliner, puffy on his stogie, petting the Tigg-man and watching the golf tournament on tv.

You were the best Mom in the whole wide world. You were my best friend and I could come to you with ANY problem or question that happens to pop up. You were there for me. I only wish you could've have met your beautiful granddaughter, Amy Elizabeth. Her will, determination, beauty and spunkiness she definitely got from you. Her wedding day will be something very special, a milestone. And you and Daddy will definitely be there in spirit.

Love and miss you alot, Mommy. :love: :love:

Laura's Babies
10-10-2010, 07:15 PM
What a wonderful tribute to your Mom. Nothing in life prepares you for the loss of your Mother!

momcat
10-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Even though it has only been a year and a half since my Mom passed, I still have a hard time with it. Could it be that our Moms are talking to each other about their daughters and their cats?

A special prayer has been prayed for your Mom today.

phesina
10-11-2010, 04:37 PM
What a beautiful, heartfelt, touching tribute to your Mom. And what a wonderful mother she is!

Medusa
10-11-2010, 06:56 PM
No matter how old we are, we always need our Mom. :love:

Marigold2
10-11-2010, 08:48 PM
This is so beautiful..........................
You were so young to have lost her, and she so young to go..........
Her love, kindness and goodness live on in you.:love: