PDA

View Full Version : This is just awesome... not...

Husky_mom
10-09-2010, 04:18 PM
can I please have a break here?...

enough already!!

the moving company loaded everything yesterday and were to deliver this a.m... well no news about that.. so I called.. the truck was involved in an accident last night and today were working with the insurance and bla bla bla..

anyway.. they sent another truck to pick up my stuff.. there was damage, but just donīt sure how much and to what...

in about an hour Iīm to get everything here.. even the pieces of whatever was damaged... hopefully not much..

arrgghhh!!!!!...

Karen
10-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Good gracious, hopefully there was not much damage. I am glad they have insurance and hopefully can reimburse you for any major damage!

Take pictures as they unload, though they probably already took plenty of their own.

Saying a quick prayers that everything else goes smoothly!

momcat
10-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Oh Isabel, I'm so sorry to hear this! When everything does get to you I agree with Karen. Examine every last thing completely and be absolutely sure to take your own pictures and document everything. The company may well have done so but please protect yourself with your own pictures!

Freedom
10-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Feel free to scream, Isabel! ARGHGHGHGHHHHH!!!

Prayers still being said for you.

krazyaboutkatz
10-09-2010, 05:54 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Hopefully whatever was damaged isn't too bad and that you'll get reimbursed for it. Good luck and please take care. (((HUGS)))

Catty1
10-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Prayers that your stuff is ok! Make sure your camera batteries are charged up!

HUGS!

Laura's Babies
10-09-2010, 06:36 PM
I agree with everybody who said get your own pictures as they get it off the truck, try to get the truck or movers in as many shots as you can. Document everything!!! They may have missed something when they took their own pictures or not noticed scratches that weren't there before.

You sure didn't need this on top of everything else. I just can't believe this! I am so sorry this has happened to you. :(

phesina
10-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Hugs and prayers.

Marigold2
10-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Oh my gosh. You truly deserve some good news.

cyber-sibes
10-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Good grief! Ditto on taking pictures as they bring things in. Keep a list, too. We found that the movers broke a table & hid it by stacking other boxes on top of it, but we were storing those things & didn't find the damage for several months.

moosmom
10-09-2010, 07:57 PM
I have a nightmare of all nightmare moving stories. But it's too long and it's late. I'll definitely post about it tomorrow.

Husky_mom
10-09-2010, 10:57 PM
I didnīt take my camera but will so tomorrow as I unpack everything... they gave me till monday so i could unpack and check all electronics.. they did took pics of what was obviously damaged..(both my parents were there as well as my bro and my BILīs gf and her stepdad, the insurance guy and 4 of the movers)

two of the bedrooms were shattered... only my kidīs bunkbeds made it safe.. one complete set of couches were broken (two sets each of 3 pieces)... the dining room... the washer and stove... one T.V. just not sure which one.. will have to check em all (3) one is a plasma.. and a couple boxes were also bumped but were labeled as shoes or clothes or kitchen stuff.. but will check em too..

fortunately the bunnies made it safely.. got a lil shaked but no damage.. now they are safe :)..

basically all big appliances were damaged.. except dryer, fridge and microwave..

Iīll need to check the home theatre, videogames and a couple wine bottles and see if any survived... so hopefully thatīs all.. and hopefully we get it settled soon with the insurance company.. they said they want to settle soon without too much hassle...

amazingly I had a 3 foot glass vase.. and it came intact :rolleyes:

I so want all this to be over!!... have I been so bad in life?.. I donīt think so.. but why is all this happening?.. :ī(... just too much.. too much..

wombat2u2004
10-09-2010, 11:00 PM
Hang in there old mate ;)

gini
10-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Isabel - enough is enough!!

In a year or so you won't even remember what it was that was broken - except that it was a lot of your things.

My prayers continue for you dear lady!

Just take good care of you!

kitten645
10-10-2010, 08:59 PM
No sweetness you have not been so bad. You are serving as an example how one can survive even the unimaginable. You are strong and your kids will be strong because they've seen you carry on.
Take comfort that they say bad things happen in three's. Yours have been huge ones but the bad things are DONE! DONE you hear???! DONE! Your husband, your inlaws, your furniture. DONE!
Wishing you peaceful good vibes and much love. This too shall pass.
Claudia & Calvin

Karen
10-10-2010, 10:33 PM
At least the bunnies made it safely! I know it is annoying, but "stuff" can be replaced. I hope things move seamlessly from now on. We're thinking of you! Oh, and maybe where you are now there will be a vet willing to spay your bunny girls? Just looking for a bright spot ...

And of course I am sure your son was glad to see the bunnies, too! Pictures, when you have the camera out for everything else ...

Catherinedana
10-11-2010, 07:45 AM
Sometimes we are tested to what seems to be beyond our limits. I don't know why this happens, but we have all been through some point in our live where it seems like everyday there is a new challange and we think we will break. But we don't. . .

I think it sets us up for the next step in our lives and says to me that better things are to come. You are so strong, Isabelle. It will get better, I promise!!

Anikaca77
10-11-2010, 08:30 AM
Ditto here...I'm so sorry dear...you have been through enough...my prays.

Melissa

I agree with everybody who said get your own pictures as they get it off the truck, try to get the truck or movers in as many shots as you can. Document everything!!! They may have missed something when they took their own pictures or not noticed scratches that weren't there before.

You sure didn't need this on top of everything else. I just can't believe this! I am so sorry this has happened to you. :(

Husky_mom
10-11-2010, 09:25 AM
the furniture damaged can be replaced.. and itīs not like i need it right now.. but it sure is annoying have this happen on top of all that has...

as they were unloading the stuff all I could think was "where are the bunnies?"... they are doing great.. thankfully

I really was upset to be going through his too.. especially seeing the stuff we first bought when we got married.. the first pieces that came to our home.. it made me sad seeing them also broken to pieces just as my heart... but Iīd give and break anything and everything left if I could have my hubby back... without a doubt...

thank you for being here reading my whirlwind of situation... thank you for your support.. I might seem strong but I kid you not.. Iīm as strong as it might seem.. itīs just the things that keep happening just wonīt let me break.. I canīt break.. not yet..

they say God doesnīt give you what you canīt handle.. I think Iīve got my share.. not sure how much more weight I can carry on..

Catty1
10-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Isabel...I bought a small stone plaque with the saying: "If you're going through hell...keep going."

You'll come through the other side of this, parts of your life will...HUGS. :love::love::love:

RICHARD
10-11-2010, 01:16 PM
they say God doesnīt give you what you canīt handle.. I think Iīve got my share.. not sure how much more weight I can carry on..

You can carry more than you think.

Stop and think about one good thing for every bad thing that happens, trade a moment that tests you for a moment that makes you smile.

You have two little ones that need your guidance, love and ability to 'keep it together'. You need them to carry on too!

I hurt my back two days ago lifting and moving stuff-I think I have taken on more weight than I could carry. I don't blame god, I blame myself for trying to be 'god' by working over my head. There are moments in life when we encounter something truly terrible and we try to rise above it. At times it's better to gradually meet it head on-it does not help to stand on a chair to be 'bigger' than the problem, you just make yourself more vulnerable to a fall.

Take a deep breath and remember something - that the people here on the site are the greatest people on the planet, This I do know. I have been able to rest on their thoughts, prayers and good intentions.

We are all here for you and your children.

-----------------
BTW, when you think things cannot get any worse?

Remember, Six months in Hell.:eek:;)

momcat
10-11-2010, 02:35 PM
You're not alone, Isabel, your PT friends are, and always will, be here for you. What you've been through these past weeks is a lot for anyone but you have faced it all with extraordinary courage and dignity! Your children are blessed to have such a strong Mom to look up to. I respect you for that.

Don't ever hesitate to post in when the going gets tough. We may not have the answers but we will listen.

Many prayers continue for you and your precious children. I've put you and the children on our prayer list at my church, I hope you don't mind.

Many comforting [[[[[HUGS]]]]] to you and your kids! :love: :love: :love: