PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to change a lightbulb ???

wombat2u2004
10-08-2010, 07:25 AM
This looks simple enough :rolleyes:

http://www.koreus.com/video/reparer-antenne-540m.html

Freedom
10-08-2010, 07:45 AM
I think I held my breath the ENTIRE 7 minutes of the video! WOW, NOT a job for me!

As a young child, I was curious about those flashing lights we would see as we drove across the country side. So one day I asked my Dad about them.

Me: Dad, what is that flashing light for?
Dad: That is so airplanes don't fly into that pole.

Pause.

Me: Dad, what is the pole for?
Dad: To hold the light up there!

I believed this for YEARS, until I was about 9 years old, ha ha haaaa. The power of Daddies!

chocolatepuppy
10-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Never in a million years!!! :eek: I was getting sick just watching that video! :o

Taz_Zoee
10-08-2010, 09:15 PM
I got a fatal error message when I clicked on the link. Uh oh. :(

wombat2u2004
10-08-2010, 09:28 PM
I think I held my breath the ENTIRE 7 minutes of the video! WOW, NOT a job for me!

As a young child, I was curious about those flashing lights we would see as we drove across the country side. So one day I asked my Dad about them.

Me: Dad, what is that flashing light for?
Dad: That is so airplanes don't fly into that pole.

Pause.

Me: Dad, what is the pole for?
Dad: To hold the light up there!

I believed this for YEARS, until I was about 9 years old, ha ha haaaa. The power of Daddies!

Hee hee......your dad sounds a bit like me. :D

Laura's Babies
10-09-2010, 08:15 AM
That was not good for my inbalance issues but I HAD to watch it! I wanted to see how they changed that light bulb... oh well! We had a deckhand that use to do that but he decided to find another job the day a co worker fell and was killed. He had some awesome pictures though..

Bonny
10-09-2010, 09:24 AM
What a climb that was. :eek: That looks worse then those rides in Las Vagas.

There is an oil refinery in Pine Bend Minnesota & we were traveling up that way one evening & one of our boys was talking about who changed all the light bulbs? The place was lite up like a Christmas display.

RICHARD
10-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Well,

It would be simpler to have god hold the bulb and spin the earth beneath it?:eek::confused:;)

krazyaboutkatz
10-09-2010, 06:10 PM
You couldn't pay me enough to do this job.:eek:

kitten645
10-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Jimminy Christmas...my vertigo is making me quite nauseaus. If that is the Sutro Tower in SF, it's on top of a very high mountain to boot. Often it is covered in fog even when SF isnt'. I never considered that a person had to climb up there to change the bulbs. I cannot believe that there is no safety latch. I can't get on a 3 rung step ladder without two people "spotting' me. I get dizzy. Bless these guys. :love:

wombat2u2004
10-09-2010, 10:54 PM
That looks worse then those rides in Las Vagas.

We'll let you be the judge of that when your hubby and I spike your drinks, and the next morning you'll wake up strapped in a seat, ready for us to press the "GO" button.
So.....do you think you'll need Depends ????? :D:D:D