PDA

View Full Version : Slacker bought furniture

Marigold2
10-07-2010, 08:45 PM
I have talked about my oldest son Mike whom I loving refer to as Slacker. He is in the Navy and was due to ship out to the Middle East for a year, his leave was cancelled. It was one of the happiest days of my life when I heard the news.
Well Slacker just ordered some furniture which should be made in time for Thanksgiving with a bit of luck. So I am thinking instead of him always coming here for the holiday I might fly there to see him.
And maybe my niece his cousin and former OS roommate can be there as well since she only lives two hours away.
Funny how families are so split for the Thanksgiving holiday now.
Daughter will be in Mich with boyfriends grandparents.
Hubby will most likely stay at home by himself and work.
It is not like years ago when everyone got together. Now with families in all parts of the country it is harder to get together.
I have one brother, he has two daughters one in Tenn one in Ct
My two sons live in NJ and Mich.
Hubby has two sisters, one in WV and one in Maryland
I have friends in SC, FL, Mich that all lived a mile from me for years.
As for me, I am looking forward to moving to Seattle some day soon as does Slacker.

Lillycat
10-08-2010, 06:04 AM
.....i love, love, love Seattle!!!!

Marigold2
10-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Isn't it beautiful, the ocean, the mountains, the green? Cool, crisp weather. So much to do and see in the city, it's alive with a beat and pulse all it's own.
.....i love, love, love Seattle!!!!

cassiesmom
10-14-2010, 06:35 PM
So will he not be going overseas at all now, Marigold, or will he be reassigned there at a later time? (I hope he won't have to go at all :) )

Your post makes me think of the movie from last year about the couple who had to go 4 different places to see their family over Christmas- sounds like you would be meeting yourself coming and going. Just so you're together.