PDA

View Full Version : Another hurdle jumped over

davidpizzica
10-07-2010, 06:03 PM
I have another hurdle I don't have to worry about. On wednesday my brothers sold the family house. It was on the market for about three months and I was getting worried about it selling because of the slow housing situation lately. My brothers, my sister and I have a share in the house and my share will go to helping me to live at Concordia. I'm glad it's sold now, but I still have sixty years of memories of living there and those I'll ALWAYS have!

Bonny
10-08-2010, 05:51 PM
When I sold my moms house it was really hard. My father & uncle had built it. I spent many years keeping it clean for my mom after father passed away. It was like I was selling a part of myself at the time. I know what you mean about all the good memories. :)

Karen
10-08-2010, 06:16 PM
My immediate thought was "with your knee issues, you should NOT be jumping hurdles, young man!"

Treasure the memories, and any keepsakes you kept!

Laura's Babies
10-08-2010, 10:57 PM
HI David!! Thanks for sharing your news with us. Great news!

moosmom
10-09-2010, 07:34 AM
David, that's wonderful news!!! At least now you'll have financial security. I have never heard you sound so happy where you are now. I'm so happy for you!!!

Love and hugs

Donna

davidpizzica
10-09-2010, 08:05 AM
My immediate thought was "with your knee issues, you should NOT be jumping hurdles, young man!"

Treasure the memories, and any keepsakes you kept!

Uh, Karen? I meant "walking around" hurdles!

momcat
10-09-2010, 05:20 PM
David, I know how it feels when the home you knew all your life is no longer yours. Just remember that nobody can ever take your memories from you!

cyber-sibes
10-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Good for you, David. You are right, the market is so slow right now that anyone with a house worries how long it will take. All in all, 3 mos. doesn't seem like such a long time. Maybe you can make a journal of your memories. :) Glad you are living in a wonderful place now.