PDA

View Full Version : Kitten with eye injury needs help

doolittleky
10-06-2010, 06:12 PM
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/17586415

This is Bradley, and he is a kitten that needs help ASAP. he has an eye injury and if someone doesn't rescue or sponsor him he will be put down soon. This shleter is a very high kill one. Most of the babies that go in there never come out. They have a bunch or dogs there now marked URGENT whihc means they might now be here tomorrow. please look and see if you can help.

Thanks,
melissa

Medusa
10-07-2010, 07:30 AM
Oh I wish I hadn't seen this. I wish I could take him but I just can't. I do hope that someone is able to at least foster him until a permanent home can be found and his eye tended to. :love:

Anikaca77
10-07-2010, 07:34 AM
Awww and he's all white....poor guy.... I wish I could...I will say some prays for him.

Melissa

Anikaca77
10-07-2010, 12:52 PM
I called the shelter where this guy is at and someone called them yesterday to to make a donation and they were able to get him into the vets today. He is at the vets now, he has to have his one eye removed and it will cost $175.00.

I asked if they would euthanize him later on if he's not adopted out and she said no, they won't do that since they are getting him taken care of. :)

I donated a very small amount but at least it was something for the poor guy.

Melissa

doolittleky
10-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Melissa, I got your PM and replied. I have been working on getting Christopher andothe special needs cat out of there because his time is up. he is FIV+. I have been talking to merisa( not sure if that is how ya spell it). She says if you and your rescue want to pull him then you will have to call them so they can get all your info. I can pcik him up for you, maybe at the same time I get Christopher. Please send me your phone number so I can talk to you about it and please call merisa today and let them know. I had already asked them the same question yesterday about sponsoring one. The thing is, they don't put the one you sponsor down but the longer that the cat is taking up space, then another cat will get put down when they need the space. this is a very very high kill shelter, I think their rate is something like 75 or 85 % of animals that come in don't get out. So it is very important for you to get ahold of them if you can pull the kitten and find it a home. Thanks for helping.
Melissa

Anikaca77
10-07-2010, 03:17 PM
You are right, I don't think I ever thought about that to be honest. Well if anyone here is willing to take him I can help out with transport!

Poor guy if I only I had the room for him.

Melissa

Marigold2
10-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Oh this poor kitty. I just saw this and yes I would think that eye would have to come out. He must have been miserable, but with that nasty eye gone he will be better. Blessings sweetheart. May you find your forever home soon.

emily_the_spoiled
10-12-2010, 12:08 PM
I phoned the shelter yesterday and Bradley was having his eye removed and his "snip" at the same time. They figured that the vet would keep him for a couple of days. But he is doing just fine.

Anikaca77
10-12-2010, 12:44 PM
I phoned the shelter yesterday and Bradley was having his eye removed and his "snip" at the same time. They figured that the vet would keep him for a couple of days. But he is doing just fine.

Thank you for calling to check up on him. I so want to adopt him but I just can't. I hope someone will want him.

Melissa

emily_the_spoiled
10-13-2010, 10:19 AM
So the little guy has found a furever home

Anikaca77
10-13-2010, 03:37 PM
OH THAT IS SO WONDERFUL!!!

I'm so glad he was adopted. That's just wonderful thanks for posting!

Melissa

doolittleky
10-13-2010, 04:26 PM
That's great! I hadn't talked to Marisa in a couple of days so I hadn't heard. Last thing I hear was he was in a foster home.

emily_the_spoiled
10-14-2010, 08:12 AM
He is actually being transported this weekend to his furever home. So hopefully he will like it there.