PDA

View Full Version : Police Officer Shoots Dog

Taz_Zoee
10-06-2010, 01:00 PM
http://www.ktvu.com/news/25234528/detail.html

Why does this keep happening? I thought they were trained officers. But apparently they do not know the difference between an agressive dog charging them and a dog running at them because they are excited to see them.
I have a feeling if an officer came into my backyard the same thing might happen. Because I'm sure Taggart would happily run up to them.
This just upsets me so much! :mad::(

caseysmom
10-06-2010, 02:20 PM
I was following that story last week, what idiots!

moosmom
10-06-2010, 02:30 PM
I absolutely agree with the question, "Why didn't they use pepper spray instead?"

*LabLoverKEB*
10-06-2010, 02:37 PM
:(:mad::( RIP Gloria, you died a very unnecessary death that you didn't deserve. :( I, too hope that the police will seriously re-think how they handle 'aggressive' animals, or animals in general.

happylabs
10-06-2010, 02:46 PM
This breaks my heart! I am nearly in tears for this poor family losing their dog unnecessarily. And, she was a Yellow Lab at that! I cannot imagine the horror that family had when they came home to find that note.

Medusa
10-06-2010, 07:23 PM
So sad and unnecessary. To come home and find no dog and a note from the police dept. A totally needless death of a beautiful lab.

Asiel
10-06-2010, 07:29 PM
This is happening too often lately, it's hard to understand policemen who would shoot without first trying to use something else like pepper spray . But what puzzles me is that the police work with dogs so why is it they don't recognize a friendly dog from an aggressive one?? :(

Taz_Zoee
10-07-2010, 12:44 PM
But what puzzles me is that the police work with dogs so why is it they don't recognize a friendly dog from an aggressive one?? :(

EXACTLY!!! And they should have proper procedure in dealing with dogs. I mean, walk into a back yard and sure a dog might attack. They are protecting their property. They don't know the difference between a bad person and a police officer. Oh wait, in this case that is one in the same. :(