PDA

View Full Version : World Animal Day -Oct. 4

astrid
10-04-2010, 10:30 AM
The World Animal Day is marked today. The decision to mark the day was made by an international convention held by nature protection activists in Florence in 1931. The date, October 4, was chosen for it is the commemorative day for the Catholic saint Francis of Assisi, known as a patron of animals. Churches in many countries hold services dedicated to the World Animal Day on October 4 or on a day near it.

Animal protection societies in many states have stated willingness to annually arrange various mass events. The date has in Russia been marked since 2000 at the initiative of the International Animal Protection Fund. The day aims to increase the public awareness of the need to protect the environment and step up the efforts in protecting animals.

Animals in many West European states are considered to be part of the family that have as many rights as do its other members. Russia has sustainably been second after the US in terms of the number of pets at home. Every third Russian family has a fellow creature living with it.

World Animal Day's Mission is to

1.To celebrate animal life in all its forms
2.To celebrate humankind's relationship with the animal kingdom
3.To acknowledge the diverse roles that animals play in our lives - from providing food, through being our companions, to supporting and helping us, to bringing a sense of wonder into our lives
4.To acknowledge and be thankful for the way in which animals enrich our lives.

--
To all our feline/canine/pet companions thank you for being a big part of our hearts and for making a difference in our lives.

Love and kisses:love::love:

momcat
10-04-2010, 11:16 AM
To all of our wonderful pets, this is your special day. Thank you for all of the happiness, joy, and love you bring to us each and every day. Our lives would be empty without you and that special kind of companionship only you can give. You're a very special gift from God. You are loved!

To all of the wild animals, we watch you in awe and amazement. You were born free to explore and live in a wonderful world. There is so much we humans can learn from you.

Give your pet a lot of extra love and attention today...and every day. Do whatever you can to help those species whose numbers continue to decline. Extinction is forever!

catmandu
10-04-2010, 03:27 PM
We so called humane humans have a huge debt to the many Animals who are now extinct , or are exploited and badly treated.
I pray that we treat our Animals , and for that matter the small and waek among us with more charity and stop letting greed rule our actions.

phesina
10-04-2010, 07:40 PM
A happy World Animal Day to all the critters of every species who make up our very special family here at Pet Talk, and may all the animals all around the world enjoy special blessings today!

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

cassiesmom
10-06-2014, 04:35 PM
I'm bumping up this old thread because the church right by my house had a service yesterday that was aimed at everyone - adults, children, the elderly and people were invited to bring their animals for a blessing. St. Francis is the patron saint of animals and the environment, so the focus of the service was about caring for all of God's creation. last weekend they had a big yard sale in their parking lot and the weather was perfect. The article in the newspaper talked about ways of being a caretaker to the world around you - recycling, volunteering for whatever organizations appeal to you, using up what you have instead of buying more, and helping others to do the same.

So ... beloved Pet Talk dogs, cats, bunnies, guinea pigs, birds and all other creatures -- Here's to you! :love: :love: Phred and Gini, please give my Cassie and all the other RB pets some big hugs for me.